Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dardruba
Forum: Techniques February 23rd 08, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By dardruba
So Long, Sheldon

JD wrote:
A huge loss of a true gentleman to cyclists everywhere.

I'll second that.

Only just found this news item.
Thanks to CC the wordsmith. Its not the first time he's posted a moving...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 23rd 08, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By dardruba
So Long, Sheldon

JD wrote:
A huge loss of a true gentleman to cyclists everywhere.

I'll second that.

Only just found this news item.
Thanks to CC the wordsmith. Its not the first time he's posted a moving...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 11th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By dardruba
same old monkey house

Kinda quiet round here now, ain't it...?

We old stagers really miss your travel pics.
Forum: Mountain Biking December 11th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 1
Posted By dardruba
Learn How to go About Improving Your Golf Swing

wrote:
As a golfer you are probably constantly working upon improving your
golf swing because you want the perfect swing. You have probably read
many books on how to do...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 6th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By dardruba
Fort William UCI World Cup this weekend

Singletrackworld Mag. are showing the finals on Freecaster TV
http://www.singletrackworld.com/index.php?menu=1&PHPSESSID=bfb8fb68879d58ac4053ed3c16c32dea

Friday 7 September 4X finals 21.00...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 2nd 07, 08:24 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 33
Posted By dardruba
RR's: AMB-ID 07 -Recap- Camping, Riding, Swimming

MattB wrote:

Excellent. Thanks!

Matt

Agreed.

Is this our longest thread of the summer, its probably got the best pics.
Mike
Forum: Mountain Biking July 28th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 6
Posted By dardruba
Chain Change question

mike wrote:
Although this should be a simple question, I have found many different
answers.

For a XC bike, when should the chain be changed? and should anything
else be changed every time...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 19th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By dardruba
By the year 2015, most of the world's wired communication systemswill be replaced by wireless communication systems

Crazy Fred wrote:
On May 3, 10:21 pm, jason wrote:
Admin wrote:
By the year 2015, most of the world's wired communication systems will
be replaced by wireless...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 16th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 18
Posted By dardruba
Mountain Boarding DVD

Simon Wyndham wrote:
Hi,

and a big Hi to you too.
You sure have a lot of interests. James Bond, Hypnosis, Global Warming for example.
Since newsgroups are 'such a great resource for spreading...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 16th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By dardruba
New site on the cycling.

Paul Boyd wrote:
On 12/01/2007 17:59, cc said,

better than his english. he sounded like French Borat . . but worse.

LOL!

Hi and Welcome Trainman
The fee for posting on here is to put...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 12th 07, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By dardruba
New site on the cycling.

Hello Jean-Pol
Which is the page for us mountain-bikers?

Belgica wrote:
New site on the cycling.

Hello,
Passionate of cycling I want to make benefitted has all of the photos that I
Forum: Mountain Biking January 11th 07, 05:44 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 1
Posted By dardruba
Holiday Cottage Accomodation in the Peak District

wrote:
Two high quality, sensibly priced, holiday cottage accomodation
situated in the picturesque peak district national park. Ideal base
for mountain biking...
Forum: Social Issues January 7th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 49
Posted By dardruba
Too bad Mike Vandman can't answer the tough questions...

Would you please type his name correctly in future.
You missed out the e and this lot slipped thru my net.
Forum: Mountain Biking January 7th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 69
Posted By dardruba
Too bad Mike Vandman can't answer the tough questions...

Would you please type his name correctly in future.
You missed out the e and this lot slipped thru my net.
Forum: Mountain Biking January 7th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 15
Posted By dardruba
OT - my new addition

Over here the rear number plate must be readable by the driver behind and the brake/turning lights must not be obscured by the bike.

My tip, stop the front wheel from spinning and protect the bike...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 9th 06, 10:38 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 17
Posted By dardruba
Cold Face Mask?

Anyone still around who rides the ice bikes?
We used to have a guy who regularly rode the Iditatrod type races.
What do they wear over their mouth?
Forum: Mountain Biking November 3rd 06, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 30
Posted By dardruba
interesting report

wrote:

Hi Pete
Are you back home and riding, or sitting indoors reading the Guardian?
Forum: Mountain Biking October 27th 06, 10:38 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By dardruba
Newbie looking for advice in UK

Local Bike Shop every time, LBS as these guys call it.
Singletrackworld.com and their bimonthly mag should give you plenty of shops to visit and if you were'nt inspired before you will be when you...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 19th 06, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba
these Colorado guys are good

The No 7 shot just isnt very inventive.

Its just a wide vehicle road, doesnt show how steep it is, who the riders are, what they are riding or whether they are smiling or gasping for air.
Forum: Mountain Biking September 19th 06, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By dardruba
Fabric Conditioner?

Andy H wrote:
Any of you lot know how to get rid of fabric conditioner residue from
clothing, all my wicking riding gear seems to have been washed with fabric
conditioner/softener and now...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 4th 06, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba
Night biking - head lamp suggestions? (UK)

Moo wrote:
Went biking in the woods at night the other day, great fun but could do with
an extra bit of light, especially something that turns to where I am
looking!

Been having a look...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 2nd 06, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By dardruba
SELF-GUIDED CYCLING TOUR IN TUSCANY

debby wrote:
Have you already been to the famous parts of Tuscany? Have you ticked
off your list Florence, the hills of Chianti, Siena, Val d'Orcia or
Val di Chiana?
Would you like to visit...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 2nd 06, 09:08 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba
New Website Wild-Mountain.net

wrote:
Hi,

I'm glad to present you my new website : www.wild-mountain.net.

You will find mountain, landscape and wildlife photos on this website,
and also a...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 29th 06, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 25
Posted By dardruba
Air France and bicycles

Geir Eivind Mork wrote:

Second reason, I'm going to Colombia and Venezuela,

Wow, I didnt realise Air France flew to that area. Is it a direct flight?
Did you get what you needed from Google?
Why...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 29th 06, 02:17 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By dardruba
uh oh Floyd

GeeDubb wrote:
doping in stage 17? go figure.

I think he's correct when he says its not doping.
He's not taken anything in to his body which could be classed as performance enhancing.
He claims...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25