Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: McNerdius[_2_]
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Will you still be riding when you're......

25-85: Hell Yes. Commuting. Rest of Life.

If i screw up a knee, i will (eventually) have it fixed.

--
McNerdius

'progress-journal-bloggamajiggy'...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
ultimate wheel trials

Brian Mackenzie on a 36" in TWNR

i cry. tears. that ... is... sick.

Is anything more extreme even possible ? A schlumpf+Dakoroman 42" UW
in a snake pit while aboriginals shoot poison darts...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

I second saskatchewanian's words on the beers. Helps great to get past
those mental blocks. As for the knee pain... an informative page is:
http://www.drpribut.com/sports/spknees.html

I've added...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Uni Count

20" torker cx
24" torker lx

2878 unis
864 riders

--
McNerdius
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL THE UNICYCLISTS IN Central Standard Time USA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
McNerdius

'progress-journal-bloggamajiggy'...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Happy New Year RSU!

Unreal-Wheel;1161553 wrote:
I just drank 10 Mountain Dews and now im like ahhhhhhhhhhhh
whooooooaaaaaa fuh-shwang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.5...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Today I... (brag thread)

freemounted for the first time and did my first few relatively tight
voluntary 180 turns. n00b p0w3rz ! y@y !

--
McNerdius

'progress-journal-bloggamajiggy'...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Nerd cant mount !

Ok so i did my first free mount today. Practice-wise, i've been
practicing to do static mounts. I've been doing little practice hops,
where i just do the first half of the mount. I can now keep...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Intro to me...

Baskett;1161367 wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place to post introductions but I'll
just do it and y'all can get mad and call me "annoying noob" if
neccesary. :)

I'm 16 and...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

hobo_chuck;1160980 wrote:
Let's see....

Averaging 10mph for 10-15 hours, umm...

It gets me to my aunt's house.

ouch... that hurts just thinkin about it.
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Which one to buy

*cough* 24isthedevilforlearningimo *cough*

--
McNerdius

'progress-journal-bloggamajiggy'...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

Jerrick;1159621 wrote:
Yeah, id say around there. Just the basics of riding. Depending on the
person they could still be having some troubles or want to jump into
crankflips. =p

The...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Which one to buy

cbs;1159612 wrote:
so whats so bad about the cx? i have one to learn on. i got it for
$40, thats why. will it make riding it harder or just break easier?

well from what i hear, it's worth...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

Jerrick;1159609 wrote:
There are no average Joe unicyclist. Kids are doing unispins within
minutes, others take years. By learning to unicycle, as stated in your
quote, im 99% sure that it...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

Not to be a retard, but i read everywhere "typically, it takes 10-15
hours of practice to learn to unicycle" But what does that mean ?
Level 1 skills ? 5 revs ? I mean... 10-15 years is an...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Which one to buy

jamoctopus;1159571 wrote:
o ok.

For the guides, where would i check?

i'll assume you mean "how to" guides... ?

there is a load of "how to learn" info he
http://tinyurl.com/4upa78
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Which one to buy

jamoctopus;1159267 wrote:
Well, i got into unicycling after i saw somone do it at the park.
Umm is this the correct link
http://tinyurl.com/axu6b7

One of those?

yeah, it's #5 on that...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

a few kids were playing with their nerf stuff... ran over to me as i
was crossing the parking lot... asked me "Is that easy ?" and before i
could open my mouth they turned and ran away. I figured...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Shin Guards?

IUni;1137363 wrote:
I like the 661 4x4's. Even with them on, with a major hit, this happened
to me last month. You can see some older scrapes there too.

i'm lost... the 4*4's were on, and you...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Which one to buy

jamoctopus;1158437 wrote:
Hello everyone!

For a christmas present, i got a giftcard to amazon.
I'm looking for a good unicycle for a beginner.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

[image:...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Nerd cant mount !

scott ttocs;1155161 wrote:
If you are 4 hours into it, I would recommend riding a lot to get more
comfortable with it and then going back to mounting later-perhaps when
you are 20+ hours into...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Nerd cant mount !

scoope;1154499 wrote:
I really believe that learning the freemount is actually harder than
learning to ride!

Practice is, of course, the key but when I was first learning and
frustrated I...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Nerd cant mount !

skrobo;1154505 wrote:
for 4 hours you are doing really well... keep practicing, and try not to
worry about too much at one time.

4 hours that count... i'd had a 24 for 2 years and tried on...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
Nerd cant mount !

Hey guys whats up ! I've been doing well on the riding end, i moved
from the tennis court to my apartment's parking lot. It's as big as i
need it too be as this complex sprawls over something like...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By McNerdius[_2_]
4th day/3rd hour of practice

I didn't have to work today and it was nice.... well 20° ... but NO
wind. So i doubled up my clothes and grabbed the uni. I was going for 2
hours but only made it to about 1.25. This was mainly due...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33