Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: semach.the.monkey
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Urgent uk only: Buc 2008

LOL. Maybe you're not the right long haired qu-ax riding fluro-jacket
wearing unicyclist. He must have been talking about the other one :)

STM

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

I think the best advice is; don't

I rode around 150 miles on my N36 with close to the bare essentials a
year or two ago. Most of it was on my back, but I had the heavier stuff
tied to the T7. With...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Pictures of your latest ride

norry;1168888 wrote:
Today's ride didn't go according to plan!

Phil took a pic a bit like that of my unicycle today too... only mine
had more mud on it!

STM
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By semach.the.monkey
any nova scotian riders?

There are a few riders in NS. Ian (post name Anthian - or something like
that) is the only regular on here that springs to mind, but there was a
team of three people for Ride The Lobster that were...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Uni Magazine Issue 7 is in the mail!

siafirede;1148205 wrote:
Haha really, what photo is it?

You'll be able to see for yourself in 6 months and 19 days :D

STM

Oh, and Joe is Mr April... but you'll see that 2 months earlier!
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Uni Magazine Issue 7 is in the mail!

siafirede;1147743 wrote:

Is it just a subscription renewal that receives the backpack/uni
calendar?

Seeing how you are now a calendar pin-up guy, you really should get
this! Mr June!...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By semach.the.monkey
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

Hey, James, welcome back to the guni club!

siafirede;1146721 wrote:
Geared 36ers are easier to ride than geared 29ers. .

Maybe that's why us real men ride 29s :D
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Unicyclists in London

UnicycleJuggler;1144667 wrote:
I live near Camden, so it's not too far away. About 4-5 miles I think.
What days is that on?

Well, you've got a 1 in 7 chance of guessing it correctly :D

Oh,...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By semach.the.monkey
BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

Sounds fandibulous, I'll be there.

And, yes, fandibulous is a real word. It says so in my spelographers
lexiplaph :D

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Where abouts in London have you moved to?

As Keg has mentioned, Hackney is also a good venue for hockey. There
are a bunch of younger riders there that also do some trials stuff too,
so if it's not...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Mashed up finger :eek:

UnicycleJuggler;1142177 wrote:
(I've had to sort myself out with a commuter bike as I'm travelling 4
miles across London every morning and evening. The closest I could get
to a unicycle was by...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Brand new broken Schlumpf

capuni;1138746 wrote:
Was hoping others might be able to provide some insight.

Not sure what insight I can offer... but it looks to me like it's
borked :(

STM
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Are handlebars worth it?

In addition to what everyone else says (Unless I've missed it somewhere
in one of the posts), it is also very handy for mounting stuff like
lights, cycle computer, gps, bell, brake handle and water...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By semach.the.monkey
What unicycle should I get next?

Stephane Chazelas;1132671 wrote:

- the crank arm length makes almost as much of a
difference as the wheel size, and it's cheaper to buy shorter
cranks than a bigger uni.

Shorter cranks...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By semach.the.monkey
What unicycle should I get next?

A 24" unicycle will certainly be easier to master, and you'll be able to
go further and faster than on your current 20". If your goal is riding
longer distances, however, and particularly if you do...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By semach.the.monkey
UUU website redeisgn

delcypher;1132622 wrote:

@Semac the monkey - Interesting problem. I'm going to blame IE on that
one. When you say the links don't work... do you mean the sub menus
don't appear? When you...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Whats the brake pad to rim gap?

Another thing to look at is the toe in of the pads. If the front of
both pads are slightly closer to the rim than the rear of the pads then
if there is a little bit of rub it won't be so snatchy so...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By semach.the.monkey
UUU website redeisgn

delcypher;1132548 wrote:
Hey could a few opinions about the banner on the site now?

The site still looks quite ugly as i haven't implemented a lot of the
css code yet, but thoughts?

It...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Magura brake mounts and clamps or without?

When you buy (errr, I mean *if *you buy...) Magura brakes, they don't
actually bolt strait on to the frame. You need to get the clamps to
clamp on to the brake cylinders and its those that bolt on. ...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By semach.the.monkey
London Coker Tour(ism)

paul royle;1132220 wrote:
This morning 6 riders set out on the first annual London Coker Tour.

That looks great. I wish I'd have known, as I would have probaby come
down for that. (Although...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Magura brake mounts and clamps or without?

tradenots;1132248 wrote:
so the mounts are not actually the brakes, just the 'mounts' to mount
the brakes upon? that right???

Yes, it's a pair of thredded holes attached to the frame at...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By semach.the.monkey
What unicycle should I get next?

MrBoogiejuice;1132195 wrote:
Wherabouts in the Southeast are you?

Looks like Worthing. That's not too far from funkytown these days if I
recall correctly.

To answer the original question,...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Magura brake mounts and clamps or without?

The chances are that you won't need them to start with. However, it's
very likely that you'll want to try brakes one day, and knowing what the
hills are like in your part of the world, I'd suggest...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Decisions, decisions... what to do?

Personally, I'd go for a new 29er. The simple reason is that this is a
whole new unicycle, that you will be able to do different riding with.
If you were to just upgrade your 24, there's nothing...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By semach.the.monkey
Muscle Memory & Unicycling?

In Nottingham we have an annual pub crawl on unicycles which can include
anything up to 14 pubs. I'll admit that in most of the pubs we only
have a half pint of ale, but normally we often stay in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500