Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rob.northcott
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By rob.northcott
KH SYM cranks snag pants

Eddbmxdude;1170873 wrote:
The translation between English English and American English is
hilarious! What I want to know is what trick are you doing that is
getting your pants caught on you...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By rob.northcott
BUC 2009 - british unicycle convention

fairly pointless post just to get me subscribed to the thread

Thanks for the updates Sarah. BTW, the link under the logo isn't
working (missed the quote after the URL)

I'm still trying to...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By rob.northcott
A warning on pipe-cutters

I bought a similar electric reciprocating saw a couple of years ago,
intending to use it to cut through siezed Triumph Herald rear trunnion
bolts. It's really good for cutting through almost...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By rob.northcott
Urgent uk only: Buc 2008

...not THAT urgent then, eh?

--
rob.northcott
View this...

joemarshall;1169229 wrote:
If you find yourself needing more stuff than that, don't bother bringing
some of the stuff. That was Spencer's problem above, where he says 'the
bare essentials', he...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By rob.northcott
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

entropy;1168806 wrote:
It is counter-productive to blame one type of trail user for damage more
than any other.

My post wasn't really intended to point blame, although it did come
across that...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By rob.northcott
Will you still be riding when you're......

I'm probably a bit older than Terry was thinking, and I don't claim to
be that good at it, but having discovered unicycling relatively recently
(about five or six years ago) I hope I'll be able to...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By rob.northcott
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

johnfoss;1167612 wrote:
we definitely put more weight down per square inch of tire coverage. I
would venture to say that our non-braking impact on the trail is perhaps
a little larger than...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By rob.northcott
How to remove anodizing (rims/cranks) / Polishing aul. to mirror finish.

wickedbob;1167398 wrote:
Who was the guy who polished and airfoil? I should shoot him a pm.

I think it was Pete Perron (unisk8r)

Rob

--
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11

Big downhill tyres like the Duro have much stiffer sidewalls than an xc
29er tyre, so you can run them at lower pressures. In fact, if you run
them as hard as an xc tyre they feel far too stiff. If...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By rob.northcott
Duro Wildlife Leapord tire pressure

I reckon a good starting pressure is about 1psi per 10lbs of rider
weight. Then adjust it up or down depending on how and where you ride.
I weigh 12st (=168lbs) and ran my Duro (a 26", but...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 82
Posted By rob.northcott
unibiker

GILD;1160519 wrote:
It's been three years.
Seems longer.

Possibly because it's nearly four...

Rob
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By rob.northcott
Idea for a brake for my 28" unicycle

Don't worry about weakening the frame - it's a common modification
(mostly on cokers, but a 29er frame is no different at the crown) and
nobody has snapped a frame because of it as far as I...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By rob.northcott
Help Needed: Off centered HUB

kington99;1154646 wrote:
a spacer is a sleeve that fits on the axle between the crank and the
bearing to keep the bearing in place. You can usually make them by
cutting down the end of a...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By rob.northcott
Muni suggestions Plzzzz

Klaas Bil;1153675 wrote:
I wouldn't bother too much about the 24 vs 26 difference. Put cranks on
a 24" that are one notch shorter and it is about as fast as the 26" with
the 'original' crank...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By rob.northcott
Muni suggestions Plzzzz

Yobiker;1153091 wrote:
sounds like a 26in is the way to go. Whats the biggest width tire that
will fit in the new nimbus 26in frame??

There's plenty of clearance with a Duro Leopard 3". I've...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By rob.northcott
Muni suggestions Plzzzz

I had an "old" style Nimbus II 26" muni for a few years (which was very
good), but I've recently upgraded most of it to the new spec, including
the new frame, and I'm very impressed - it feels...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 09:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By rob.northcott
Muni suggestions Plzzzz

I'll put in another vote for a 26", probably with 150mm cranks. With a
3" tyre it's very nearly the same diameter as a 29er, but better on
rocks. A 29er is lighter (due to the skinnier tyre) but...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 89
Posted By rob.northcott
UK UDC twelve days of christmas sale

UnicycleJuggler;1150980 wrote:
Do we really need to work that out for you?!!

I think he was being sarcastic...
(and anyway, it's not right - if the sale is 12 days long and starts on
the 8th,...
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By rob.northcott
Outta Phaze ?

McNerdius;1149962 wrote:
Does Outta Phaze still exist ?

I think Dave Stockton was going to build unicycles using Pete Perron's
v-frame jackshaft design under that name, but I don't think he ever...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By rob.northcott
Crank lengh advice needed please.

I swapped from 165s to 150s on my 26" muni a few years ago and I'd never
go back. On a 24 I'd say go for 140s, or even try 125s if you're only
riding easy flat stuff. (Or get a bigger...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By rob.northcott
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

Mikefule;1148460 wrote:
on 150 mph cranks

They sound dangerous Mike.

Rob

--
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By rob.northcott
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

camrocl;1148137 wrote:
How can you tell you speed. Do you work it out mathmaticaly or do you
use a cycle computer.

Ive searched for a few cycle computers but they only go up to wheel
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By rob.northcott
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

corbin;1147570 wrote:
I have a log book of rides, geared and ungeared (during/before March)

But you couldn't really be called an average rider!

I tend to cruise at about 13mph on the flat,...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 89
Posted By rob.northcott
UK UDC twelve days of christmas sale

Fraggle;1146854 wrote:
Lol, I recon we should hold fire in regards to posting links, just so we
can hear the pun for each days particular item / items.

I don't reckon Mike can keep it up for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500