Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jamin
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Jamin
Dan Heaton, Jeff Groves and Ryan Atkins trials demo coming to Minneapolis Nov. 21-22

Any video of this?

--
Jamin
Jamin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12597

To me, the thing that clicked was this.

When wheel walking, you're really just letting the wheel out, one foot
at a time.

When you lean back the wheel wants to travel forward.

So what you are...
Forum: Unicycling September 8th 08, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By Jamin
Today I... (brag thread)

Today I broke my KH20 seat post :(

Trouble is, I wasn't doing anything drastic. Some hops and drops of a
foot or more. One or two uni spins.

Now I'm wondering what seat post to get. The new KH or a...
Forum: Unicycling September 1st 08, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Jamin
Attention All Sydney Siders.

Hazmat wrote:
Would you say, that it also builds your self confidence and motivation
to see others who unicycle my friend*???*

I think it does give some confidence. When you see someone that...
Forum: Unicycling August 31st 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Jamin
Attention All Sydney Siders.

Was a good meet up. Tried some things I haven't done before.

Its good to ride with people with more skills. Forces me to up my game
and to work on my street stuff.

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 26th 08, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Jamin
In the giving mood....

humblbee wrote:
got my 24" and my wifes 29" today, all is well, $833 at my door. the 29"
came with the kenda nevegal and double hole cranks; the site said
single150's and the wtb stout, ...
Forum: Unicycling June 2nd 08, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Jamin
The over 30's highjump video challenge

MuniAddict wrote:
Works for me.

Works now, It didn't work last night. Good work with the hopping. I
need to measure my hops. Sticks and bricks here I come.

--
Forum: Unicycling June 1st 08, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Jamin
The over 30's highjump video challenge

turtle wrote:
here we go:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXxAGjslsA

awesome. inspires me to get a move on with my hopping. How long have
you been riding for?
Forum: Unicycling June 1st 08, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Jamin
The over 30's highjump video challenge

MuniAddict wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mix9uwiQcg

This video is no longer available?????
Forum: Unicycling April 17th 08, 08:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Jamin
I just did my first freemount

daretodream wrote:
Congratulations! Getting that first freemount is the most awsome feeling
in the world! And I discovered theres more tham one way to freemount a
unicycle.I now mount using a...
Forum: Unicycling February 22nd 08, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Jamin
Is idling rather scary for newbies???

phlegm wrote:
Not sure if anyone said this yet, but if pedaling backwards is still
scary, then try: pedal forward, stop, pedal forward, stop, etc. This
will help your legs learn to apply...
Forum: Unicycling October 4th 07, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Jamin
How to Shave your Trials Tire?

Luke Collalto wrote:

I love my bald luna, I've had it since around the start of the year.
Still no thread showing and I never really rotate it.

Yeah i saw you and the wheel at uninats
Forum: Unicycling September 28th 07, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Jamin
Aus UNiNATS

Bike Psycho wrote:
I'm thinking of heading down from Newcastle for the Sunday and maybe
even the Monday if I can get it off work. Can't wait! I've never seen
more than 2 unicycles together in...
Forum: Unicycling September 28th 07, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Jamin
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

steveyo wrote:
I've had that a few times with bicyclists. They see me and take their
hands off the handlebars and look kind of smug, as if to show a
unicycle is no big deal, anyone can do...
Forum: Unicycling September 27th 07, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 133
Posted By Jamin
UniNats 2007 Countdown!

TonyMelton wrote:
Yeah nice ride today.

Does anyone know of any Muni tracks near Syndey that are reachable by
public transport? I'm sure there'll be plenty of tracks in the Blue
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 07, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 133
Posted By Jamin
UniNats 2007 Countdown!

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
3 days to go and 0 days till my birthday, oh wait so that means it's my
birthday...:cool:

happy birthday

--
Jamin
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 07, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Jerrick wrote:

This isn't too weird, but I have had the "Your soo hot, I want your
baby!" type stuff, and I have also been flashed I think 8 times while
on my uni. Pretty sweet.

ive...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 07, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Jamin
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

On the weeked while muniing, up hill on a very rocky, slippery slope.

Older gentleman " You're more dangerous than ned kelly"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 27th 07, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Jamin
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Ive been injured and havent ridden in a while. I went for my first muni
ride i've had in a few months. I found myself lacking the fitness I
once had, even when riding the fire trails. But I persisted...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Jamin
Critical Mass in your city?

I did it twice. First time it rained and there wasnt much of a turnout
and it was near xmas time.

2nd time there was more people. I rode on the KH24 inch with 150
cranks. I could'nt keep up and they...
Forum: Unicycling July 10th 07, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Jamin
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

kerosian wrote:

Me-"Yes, I just did thirty miles, can you ring up my gatorade I'm dyin
here."
Her-"Okay... clown." (I should kill you where you stand!)

"thanks Bimbo"
Forum: Unicycling May 25th 07, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Jamin
Gap unicycles/Australia

I bought a beginners GP trials uni of him around this time last year.
The crank snapped off after two months of riding. I sent back the wheel
to get repaired and he sent back an entire wheelset. New...
Forum: Unicycling May 17th 07, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Jamin
Unicyclist on Sixty Minutes (Australia)

gkmac wrote:
Actually there is. It appears to be an anamorphic widescreen (16:9) TV
picture that's been squashed into 4:3 widthways, instead of being
letterboxed. Notice how things seem to be...
Forum: Unicycling May 16th 07, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Jamin
Unicyclist on Sixty Minutes (Australia)

I was watching 60 minutes the other night, and to my supprise I saw this
on the screen. Thankfully I had the show recored. :)

Its corunulla beach in Sydney.

The story was about modern teenage...
Forum: Unicycling March 2nd 07, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 64
Posted By Jamin
unicycling side effects

semach.the.monkey wrote:

Other unexpected side effects include being photographed each week by
many complete stranges whilst I'm wearing skin tight Lycra and the
ability to flout the law in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49