Showing results 1 to 25 of 201
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: steve.colligan
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By steve.colligan
Steve Colligan and Pedro Tejada on Brazilian Go Outside

pedrotejada;1149914 wrote:
If you want a magazine, ask Fernanda, the girl that contacted you. If
she's not allowed to send one, let me know and I send to you!

Thanks Pedro, but Fernanda is...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By steve.colligan
Steve Colligan and Pedro Tejada on Brazilian Go Outside

Thanks for that Pedro. Looking forward to reading the translation and
also your article.

Steve

--
steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By steve.colligan
BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

Great news about the BMW Joe - thanks for organising it.

I'll be there and looking forward to it already.

Steve :D

--
steve.colligan
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 08, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

MrBoogiejuice;1134762 wrote:
What's the latest you can accept donations, Steve?

I'd love to send you some pennies but I'm a tad skintypoo 'til I get
paid next month.

Hi Kit,

Very good of...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

Hello everyone,

During the next couple of weeks I'm going to start transferring monies
over to the NGO in Nepal. The village of Tawal isn't affected by snow
over the Winter months, so work on the...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

Danny Colyer;1130546 wrote:
Am I right in thinking that none of the money will be going through a UK
charity? When I went to make a donation I couldn't see a way to Gift
Aid it, so I decided...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

rob.northcott;1130367 wrote:
Including a couple of unicycles? Will we be seeing a Nepalese team at
Unicon before long? :)

Rob

Hi Rob,

You may jest....... Last Easter when we went out to...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

I arrived home several days ago fit and well, although I'm still trying
desperately to put back on the 10kg (1.5 stone) I lost during the three
weeks of the ride. My appetite is remarkable at the...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

Hi everyone,

A MASSIVE thank you to everyone that has sponsored me by donating to
these very worthy projects in Nepal. While I was in Kathmandu (and not
riding) I had several meetings with the NGO...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

pedrotejada;1130006 wrote:
Wow Steve!

I recevived a scrap on a facebook style site called orkut, very common
in Brazil, from a Go Outside journalist who's making something about
your...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

joe;1118876 wrote:

Are you standing by your sig, once is NEVER enough??! :eek:
Joe,

Errrr......... No! But then again, this is the second time I've
travelled the same route from Lhasa to...
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

I've been informed that it 'should' be on TV this evening, between 6 and
6.30pm (UK time). ITV Granada Reports.

Lets hope it's happening this time.

Steve

--
steve.colligan
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

Doesn't look as though it will be broadcast this evening after all. They
say it's looking more like Monday now, with a small possibility it may
be over the weekend :rolleyes:

I have been told they...
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

The program should be on tomorrow evening then. I'll email the presenter
to get confirmation. Thanks Gary & Rob for being on the case.

Thank you to Roland & Sarah Sutton, Tony Melton & John...
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

I spent 2 1/2 hours being filmed/interviewed yesterday by Granada
Reports (ITV). It will be broadcast either this evening (Thursday
18/9/08), or tomorrow evening, between 6 and 6:30pm (UK time).

If...
Forum: Unicycling September 17th 08, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

napalm wrote:
Hi steve- nice work on all the great publicity (just a shame that your
article in the guardian was written by an ignorant **** who obviously
misrepresented what your doing for...
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 08, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

I'd just like to thank the following unicyclists for their generous
donations;

Trevor Ogden
Paul Royle
Rob Northcott
Alan & Vicky Chambers
Russel Crosbie

It's also a great way to bump it to the top...
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

steve.colligan wrote:
I've just heard its going to be in the Guardian Newspaper (UK).

Steve

Snotty letter of complaint has now been sent to the Guardian!

--
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 08, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

I've just heard its going to be in the Guardian Newspaper (UK) Tuesday.
Possibly on newslite.tv as well.

I've also made 'London Cycling Campaign...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

I'm being interviewed for TV (Granada Reports) Wednesday morning, so
will post on how it goes.

Thanks Andy & Irene for your donation - received it OK.

Steve

--
steve.colligan
Forum: Unicycling September 12th 08, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

phil wrote:
What?! Surely Joe's weekend would be a nice gentle wind-down before
setting off! I don't know, part-timers... :)

Yes it would have been. I'm really disappointed I won't be there,...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

unicus wrote:
WOW what an adventure that sounds awesome and what a cause, you've
definitely got my support Steve.

Gary

Thanks Gary for your support and donation (received OK). Sorry...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

tomblackwood wrote:
Wow...epic adventure. Great cause, great ride. Count me in on
supporting...PayPal just sent.

I do a fundraising ride every year for Multiple Sclerosis, but I may
Forum: Unicycling September 9th 08, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

nathan wrote:
Go Steve! I'm happy to donate to this cause and encourage everyone else
here to do the same. Have a great time and I'm sure a ton of people
will be dying to hear from you - I...
Forum: Unicycling September 7th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By steve.colligan
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

GizmoDuck wrote:
And you're taking a 36" :eek:

My 26" Muni is already in Kathmandu. The original plan was to ride to
Everest Base Camp on both the Tibetan and the Nepali side of the
Himalayas,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 201