Showing results 1 to 25 of 170
Search took 2.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: idiorythmic
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By idiorythmic
"Where no MUni has gone before...."

That toupee was over-the-top, (but the acting spot-on).

--
idiorythmic
idiorythmic's Profile:...

That is a beautiful video, Corbin, thanks for sharing.

Also, thanks for putting it where you did; I make quick little checks
of unicyclist.com and don't often go beyond RSU and Just Conversation,...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By idiorythmic
How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

thejdw;1143864 wrote:
I wouldn't say that kids those kids had weight related problems, I
wouldn't worry about obesity.

You fight obesity before it occurs, by instilling good habits, a
healthy...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By idiorythmic
Dedicated to Unicycling - Photo on Google StreetView

uni_mattster;1143747 wrote:
Too bad you didn't realise so you couldn't do something more -memorable-
for the camera haha. Although, whatever you did, you'd probably have to
do it for a while...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By idiorythmic
Any unicyclists in the Macy's parade this year?

KathySusanka;1142598 wrote:
The weather was beautiful and the parade was long.

It also looked rather slow, did the pace make it tougher for the
giraffe riders to stay in the saddle?

--
Forum: Unicycling August 24th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6

Into the blue wrote:
'Bonkersness'
(http://m3.bestpicever.com/piles/?s=burningman#nav-holder).

Wow, brings back memories! The fourteenth image down in that
collection is of The Dreamer, a...
Forum: Unicycling August 21st 08, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By idiorythmic
Who's going to Burning Man this year?

Pancake Playhouse?

Back in 05 I was on the playa and had a pancake breakfast at someplace
with a pancakey name, I wonder if that was you guys...(is serving up
breakfast in bed for 40000 part of...
Forum: Unicycling July 25th 08, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By idiorythmic
wut is rim tape?

';lloijbfvponkbf'b;pnordkg
espokgv'piojhg
;lo,
phm'ON Jmpikmr'oprkg
Zlokj tt
opKYG
OPKJ
GB'RKM 'OKIM
]0ORIlokgm ko0rgmikmbktgn[hqw'spodfm,m n[v'spoijr4nin y;y'lkm bkm bml
fb
Forum: Unicycling July 3rd 08, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By idiorythmic
RTL Photo Stream

tholub wrote:

I've also created a Ride The Lobster group on Flickr; if you have RTL
pictures on Flickr, please add them to the group. (I've added mine).

Thanks, Tom, for creating the...
Forum: Unicycling June 27th 08, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By idiorythmic
RTL Photo Stream

ridethelobster2008 wrote:
A local newspaper photographer got this amazing pic of Max and...well,
have a look.

'http://www.thecasket.ca/gallery.asp?id=161#161' (http://www.the
Forum: Unicycling May 18th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By idiorythmic
Fusion freeride: modification tutorial

Not hard to guess the song you got the snippet from since it was hot
during my high school days and unforgettable. . .Aaaaannd...you
identify it in the closing credits!. . .By the...
Forum: Unicycling April 12th 08, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By idiorythmic
GPS watch on Unicycle

hansc wrote:
Might be worth to do a small search.

Small search indeed! I just spent an hour sifting through dozens of
threads and so far have come up with these few links:

A general rundown...
Forum: Unicycling April 12th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By idiorythmic
GPS watch on Unicycle

hansc wrote:
I think this is a general problem for these kind of GPS. Those with
barometers are more accurate, or so I've heard.

I've not heard of units with barometers, I'll have to look...
Forum: Unicycling April 12th 08, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By idiorythmic
GPS watch on Unicycle

Munivision wrote:
I use a Forerunner 305 for Cokering and Muni. It is very acurate on
distance and speed, but overstates ascending/descending. It is a
fantastic tool!

I recall other...
Forum: Unicycling April 6th 08, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By idiorythmic
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Putting some miles on my N36 today, a huge black pickup approached and
the two tough guys in the front seat had nothing to say, both their
jaws were dropped as if they were seeing the...
Forum: Unicycling March 17th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By idiorythmic
I just got my NTWR and Inner bal videos

I just got mine as well, (second copies, btw). Can't say enough about
how inspiring they are, particularly to advancing newbies such as
myself. Personally the coker segments are my faves since...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 77
Posted By idiorythmic
I'm thinking of giving up.

I was in the same boat the first summer I tried to learn on my own. I
wound up finding people who could help me (by standing on my right and
left for support as I rode). This really sped up my...
Forum: Unicycling March 1st 08, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By idiorythmic
hill simulation for distance training

Big thanks to everyone who offered comments. I anticipated that nothing
can substitute for the real thing, I just wanted to see how useful my
ideas might be otherwise.

Parachute? I have trouble...
Forum: Unicycling February 28th 08, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By idiorythmic
hill simulation for distance training

I had a brainstorm which I need to confirm with the more experienced
riders: If I live in a flat area but want to prepare for hilly riding
conditions, would any of the following tricks be of any...
Forum: Unicycling February 24th 08, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By idiorythmic
Road Camber problem

Tire profiles and pressures aside, one thing I learned for myself is
that a touring handle can make road camber easier to manage.

--...
Forum: Unicycling February 16th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By idiorythmic
Feeler: Ontario Unitourists Club

Although I live a few hours away, (Michigan), I'd be very interested in
the Toronto tours.

--
idiorythmic
idiorythmic's...

chuckaeronut wrote:
Hmmers, worked fine for me. I'm using Safari 3.0.4 on Leopard (10.5.2).
I'm also using the latest Flip4Mac WMV plugin. What are you using?

I have Safari 3.0.4 running in...
Forum: Unicycling February 15th 08, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By idiorythmic
Max and I on the local news WUSA9

Wow, that feed sure hates my Safari browser, (I assume). I get two
copies playing about a half second apart, and when I close a window to
kill one copy I am left with the audio but no video for the...
Forum: Unicycling February 15th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By idiorythmic
Storage Hooks

I'm rather lazy and a bit of a risk taker. I have three unis hanging
from the rafters in my garage and I use no hooks: I just put the front
of the seat over the rafter until the seat post hits the...
Forum: Unicycling February 10th 08, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By idiorythmic
(uni) hockey sticks, right or left?

The way I see it, as you hold the stick, if the blade touches the ice
out on toward your right side, it's a right-handed stick. Makes no
difference if you yourself are right or left handed. My...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 170