Showing results 1 to 25 of 474
Search took 1.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bean Long
Forum: Australia May 28th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By Bean Long
Beanie under a helmet

Joseph wrote:
Hello
Can anyone tell me where to buy a beanie (brand name perhaps) that fits OK
under a bike helmet?
Any online stores? I am thinking of using it in the ACT.
Joseph

Forum: Australia May 27th 08, 03:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Bean Long
Review: Sigma sport PC 14 HRM

BT Humble wrote:
TimC wrote:
But setting the weight. What a disaster. Starts from 70kg (or was
it 79?). Counts *up* to 220 or more kg. Then starts at 20kg and
finally counts up...
Forum: Australia May 27th 08, 12:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Bean Long
Canberra Ride of Silence

Greg Long wrote:
On May 26, 8:38 am, Simon wrote:
Canberra RoS got the final feel good story on the ABC news and was
front page of the Canberra Times...
Forum: Australia May 27th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 44
Posted By Bean Long
Ride of Silence 2008

cfsmtb wrote:
I'm helping to compile reports + images of the Australian Rides of
Silence. Please free free to PM (if on cycling forums) or email
infoATwoj.com.au

In all, there was eleven...
Forum: Australia May 9th 08, 06:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Bean Long
Canberra Ride of Silence

More info, including a flyer you can print-out and distribute can be
found at:

http://tinyurl.com/6k5z5z

Cheers,

Bean
Forum: Australia May 9th 08, 05:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By Bean Long
Lemmiwinks in Canberra hospital

sass_my_frass wrote:
Sass... can you tell us what exactly happened and where? There've been a
few nasty accidents of late.

Okay I was trying to avoid saying because it's a bit, well...
Forum: Australia May 9th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Bean Long
Canberra Ride of Silence

A RoS ride is being organised for Canberra on the 24th. Those interested
read on:

2008 CANBERRA RIDE OF SILENCE: 24th May

2008 Canberra Ride of Silence

www.rideofsilence.org
Forum: Australia May 7th 08, 05:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 44
Posted By Bean Long
Ride of Silence 2008

Simon wrote:
On May 7, 10:53 am, TimC -
astro.swin.edu.au wrote:

Were you in the bunch?

I was in the faster bunch who'd done a detour up Stromlo,...
Forum: Australia May 7th 08, 05:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By Bean Long
Lemmiwinks in Canberra hospital

sass_my_frass wrote:
Hi all, I'm Mrs BT Humble, who is out of the country at this time.
I'm just passing on some news about Lemmiwinks, who I think posts
here. He had a bicycle fall on...
Forum: Australia May 2nd 08, 02:47 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Bean Long
Clothes for riding in the middle of winter in Canberra

Aeek wrote:
On Thu, 1 May 2008 20:15:41 +1000, "Joseph"
wrote:

Hello there
I live in sunny Port Macquarie but I intend to do a little bit of riding in
cold...
Forum: Australia April 23rd 08, 01:48 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Bean Long
Dangerous Paths

Aeek wrote:
Lucky I was going up hill, riding home tonight I stopped suddenly.
I'd picked up a chunk of wood and wedged it against the front brake.
The hazards of paths.

Similar situation on...
Forum: Australia April 7th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Bean Long
Shameless website plug: Almost 5,000km on my BigW bike

BT Humble wrote:
http://www.humbletown.org/budgetbike/journal.htm#6apr2008

BTH

Keep it up BT... you're doing great!
Forum: Australia April 4th 08, 06:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Bean Long
Farewell to an old friend

wrote:

Let the flame war commence :-)

ooooh! You''re askin' for it! Hehe :-)
Forum: Australia April 3rd 08, 12:35 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Bean Long
left knee pain

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
Peter wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
Tight ITB?
Tight what?
IlioTibial Band

(http://www.itbs.info/)
Forum: Australia April 2nd 08, 11:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Bean Long
left knee pain

Peter wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
Tight ITB?

Tight what?

IlioTibial Band

(http://www.itbs.info/)
Forum: Australia April 1st 08, 11:21 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Bean Long
left knee pain

Peter wrote:
Anyone have some ideas on what might be causing pain in my left knee
when I put a little pressure on? Here are some facts that might be
relevant:

The pain is on the outside of...
Forum: Australia April 1st 08, 11:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Bean Long
Tyre pressures

Steve Ball wrote:

Comments from the gallery?

Steve,

I'm just under 60 kg and have used Conti-GP4000's @ ~100 psi for some
time. For racing I've sometimes upped to 110 or thereabouts. I recently...
Forum: Australia March 31st 08, 02:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Bean Long
Noise from rear wheel

Clayton Lee wrote:
I ride a Felt road bike with a 105 9 speed groupset, and A-Class rear
hub.

I have recently noticed a new noise coming from the rear - it it like
a loudish click coming...
Forum: Australia March 19th 08, 03:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Bean Long
Hard rubbish alert - Perth - child seat

BT Humble wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
BTHumble wrote:
If anyone in or near Canberra wants one of these, I have a pair of
them hanging up in my shed.
BT, can you give me the details of the...
Forum: Australia March 18th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

BT Humble wrote:

If anyone in or near Canberra wants one of these, I have a pair of
them hanging up in my shed.

BTH

BT, can you give me the details of the child seats you have? My friends...
Forum: Australia March 17th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

BT Humble wrote:

If anyone in or near Canberra wants one of these, I have a pair of
them hanging up in my shed.

BT... I have some friends in Banks who have made noises about getting
one for...
Forum: Australia March 13th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By Bean Long
Never, EVER, tempt the puncture fairies

Boostland wrote:

As I reached over to do this, the thing exploded off the rim, the tube was
destroyed but some how the tyre survived with only a little mark on the
bead.

Ouchies! On tube...
Forum: Australia March 12th 08, 03:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By Bean Long
Never, EVER, tempt the puncture fairies

BT Humble wrote:

How many patches is "heavy"? I'm going for the record, I think I have
about 7 patches on my rear tube at the moment. ;-)

I had 9 on one of my spares until I passed it on to a...
Forum: Australia March 3rd 08, 11:21 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By Bean Long
Azzurri Primo

Andrew Priest wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:20:24 +1100, Bean Long

Can't really comment on the bike except to say...
Forum: Australia March 3rd 08, 01:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By Bean Long
Azzurri Primo

BT Humble wrote:

Say Bean, in a totally unrelated matter was that you who rode by and
greeted me outside the Phillip College last Tuesday night? I was
waiting fro my French class to start,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 474