Showing results 1 to 25 of 413
Search took 0.77 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Boyd[_2_]
Forum: UK June 10th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 126
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Cycling to the gym is a "stroke of genius"

On 10/06/2008 18:30, burtthebike said,

But just why are they wearing flotation aids on their heads when they
cycle?

Think about it for just a second. Clues? Children, school, insurers,...
Forum: UK June 8th 08, 09:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Rear hub brake repair

On 08/06/2008 20:57, techpro said,

I have sent them an email through eBay but I will be quite surprised
if I receive a reply. It would be rare to find an eBay seller that is
interested once...
Forum: UK June 8th 08, 06:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Misplaced sense of adventure

On 08/06/2008 18:06, naked_draughtsman said,

There's a lot of bridelways which turn into footpaths and dead end
footpaths/bridleways around here, most of them at county boundaries. It's
Forum: UK June 7th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Misplaced sense of adventure

On 07/06/2008 20:46, Colin Reed said,

Plus, the field at the east end of the path is now waist high with
wheat! After battling through that (had to dismount and push) I found
that the end of...
Forum: UK June 7th 08, 12:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Assaulted

On 06/06/2008 21:19, Dervin said,

What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window rolled
down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

I would have been very tempted...
Forum: UK June 7th 08, 12:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Seen tonight.

On 07/06/2008 01:15, Martin said,

Just got in, and whilst I was out I saw this:

Forum: UK June 6th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
rear derailleur woes....(possibly)

On 06/06/2008 18:05, suer said,

But even with new chainrings, it still slips horribly on the big
chainring if I push down hard on the pedals, yet is well-behaved on the
middle chainring.

I...
Forum: UK June 6th 08, 11:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
One for Nuxxman.

On 05/06/2008 20:46, Nick Kew said,

"Cyclists will be stopped and ... "

The first of those sounds like something that, if applied to
motorists, would rapidly be challenged and ruled...
Forum: UK June 5th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
One for Nuxxman.

On 05/06/2008 17:53, Simon Mason said,
Here's yet another example of the war on the cyclist. Police yet again
targetting innocent cyclists who are doing nobody any harm at all. Can't
they...
Forum: UK June 4th 08, 05:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
External bearing bottom brackets

On 04/06/2008 17:10, Tom Anderson said,

There are pluses and minuses.. Some claim the bearings are more prone
having the grease washed out. You can service them with care (my old
LX one...
Forum: UK May 29th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Bike Computers on Suspension Forks

On Thu, 29 May 2008 18:09:23 +0100, Steve C wrote:

I need to buy a new bike computer after my previous one was stolen
(along with my bike... ). I was told by someone that you can't use
Forum: UK May 20th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Best value mountain bike

On 20/05/2008 21:07, Blue Frog said,
I'm looking for a good quality and light mountain bike for around £500
maybe more. Could anyone recommend the best value?
I bought a Marin Palisades Trail...
Forum: UK May 20th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Red light jumper gets short shrift.

On 19/05/2008 23:26, Tom Crispin said,

Yes, the toucan crossings I am thinking about in particular have
things that took like small CCTV cameras pointed at cyclists and
pedestrians. One of...
Forum: UK May 14th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
What did he do that for!?

On 14/05/2008 18:15, Tom Crispin said,
I have heard from a friend that Boris Johnson walked into On Your Bike
in Tooley Street today and bought a h*lm*t.

Why?

Why not? It's his choice.

--...
Forum: UK May 11th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Cycle Paths or Not?

On 11/05/2008 18:08, Zog The Undeniable said,

.... and no
safer or quicker than riding on the pavement, which is rightly illegal.

Unless the council use some of their magic white paint, then...
Forum: UK May 10th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
50% increase in cyclists prosecuted for cycling on footpaths2002-2006

On 10/05/2008 00:20, Peter Grange said,
How does one know when the shared area stops?

Try your local council to see if they have a map showing the cycle
facilities in the area. I have one of...
Forum: UK May 10th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Cycle Paths or Not?

On 10/05/2008 15:17, Steve C said,

So what do posters want? Dutch style cycling infrastructure and a ban
for cyclists from using the roads, or to be allowed to use roads as
any other vehicle,...
Forum: UK May 10th 08, 03:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
How!? Why!?

On 10/05/2008 07:35, Tom Crispin said,

She managed to get this rare shot of a tumble. (The boy was unhurt
other than a scrape on the knee).
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/tumble
Notice...
Forum: UK May 9th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Derailleur hanger

On 09/05/2008 15:55, Weatherlawyer said,

Is this a joke?
If I hadn't checked the link I'd have thought the idea ridiculous.

Why should it be a joke? Many bikes have replaceable hangers - it's...
Forum: UK May 3rd 08, 10:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
**&^%$($ insects!!

On 02/05/2008 21:35, Colin Reed said,
Seriously a case of
head down as much as possible, and breathe through the nose!

Think of them as additional protein ;-)

--
Paul...
Forum: UK April 30th 08, 07:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 29/04/2008 19:08, naked_draughtsman said,

They sometimes work well on pedestrians who ignore bells and/or step out in
front of you (but again, most don't think they've done anything...
Forum: UK April 30th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Norwich: HGVs to be allowed in cycle lanes

On 30/04/2008 14:35, wafflycat said,

http://tinyurl.com/55x3dm

Look at the date of the article - it's 1st..... oh no, it is apparently
real! There is another scheme afoot to change the side of...
Forum: UK April 25th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
Do the "facility-of-the-month" photos work?

On 24/04/2008 22:12, Ben C said,
I meant the Netherlands. No reason to think it's specifically in
Holland.

(googles to see what the difference is) Well, I never knew that!

--
Paul...
Forum: UK April 25th 08, 04:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 24/04/2008 23:16, Martin Dann said,

http://consultations.southglos.gov.uk/inovem/consult.ti/AztecWestRoundaboutbuspriority/consultationHome

I can't find that plan anywhere, is there a...
Forum: UK April 24th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Paul Boyd[_2_]
ASA and H*****ts

On 24/04/2008 18:03, burtthebike said,

http://consultations.southglos.gov.uk/inovem/consult.ti/AztecWestRoundaboutbuspriority/consultationHome

I've just had a look at the plan. Are they mad? Is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 413