Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff
Forum: Techniques November 20th 10, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 96
Posted By Jeff
Master Links

Peter Van Buren wrote:
On Nov 16, 7:07 pm, John B. Slocomb wrote:
I prefer to remove the chain for cleaning and have installed a master
link in the chain for this...
Forum: Techniques August 8th 10, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
Possible to convert 8-speed Campy hubs to 9/10?

pb in sdca wrote:
Is it possible to convert 8-speed Chorus or Record hubs to 9/10? Is
it possible to change the freehub body? Thanks very much
It depends on what year your hubs are. I upgraded...
Forum: Techniques July 6th 10, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff
Shimano Compatable cassette

Just got a wheel set that has a Dura Ace 7801 rear hub. Am I stuck
using only Dura Ace 7800 10sp cassette's? What other Shimano or SRAM
cassette's will fit this freehub body?
Forum: Marketplace April 3rd 09, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
FS:New unused Black Shimano 105 Groupo

I have the following 105 parts. These were taken off of a new 2009 Giant
TCR Advance. Shifter, Front and Rear Deraileur, Crank, BB, Cassette and
Chain, and Brakes. $725
Forum: Techniques August 5th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Jeff
Flat wrenches as found in bike took kits

Go to your local bike shop and look at the Park Tools catalog. They make
every tooll you will ever need to work on your bike. They are the only
tools I buy for bike work. They are shop quality...
Forum: Techniques July 30th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff
Chains and cassettes for Campy 10sp systems

Just looking for different options and I like the look of the Gold KMC X10SL
and wanted feedback before dropping the $$$$ on one. I know I can stay with
Veloce and be happy as a clam but why not...
Forum: Techniques July 30th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff
Chains and cassettes for Campy 10sp systems

Have had a hard time finding a chain that will work well with my 2008 Chorus
Compact drive train. Other then using a Campy chain which works great as
one would expect what other chains have you...
Forum: Marketplace July 26th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
FS:Concorde Aquila Frame

Early/mid 1990's Concorde Aquila, ST 56cm c/c, TT 56cm c/c.
Full Columbus TSX frame and fork
Concorde frames were made by Coicc. Full chrome rear trangle and fork. A
threaded carbon fork was added...
Forum: Marketplace July 25th 08, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
FS: Miche Campy 10sp cassette

Used Miche Campy 10sp cassette. About 1000 miles on it.
12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,22.
Comprable to a Veloce, all single cogs and spacers.
Forum: Techniques July 17th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff
Missing link reliability

The reusable links are the only way to go. I've been using them for years
on all my Campy equiped bikes. Never had one break or come apart while
riding.
I always remove my chain for cleaning and...
Forum: Techniques June 13th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Jeff
Chain Advice

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
I guess this gets rehashed every so often, but I'd welcome current
thinking.

The machine...
Forum: Techniques June 9th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff
Cateye Wireless Strada or ?

I'm using a Vetta RT88 and it is fairly good. I really like the Planet Bike
computers but their Wireless sending unit is a bit on the large and bulky
side. If you don't mind a wire look at a...
Forum: Techniques May 5th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Jeff
WTB: Campy 10sp cassette 12/23

Does Campy even make one in this range in Chorus or Centaur quality or do I
need to contact Red Rose Imports and have them make up Miche one?
Forum: Marketplace April 10th 08, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
FS:Vintage Campy wheels and other Vintage stuff

Large list of old 1980 vintage Campy Wheels and other Campy stuff. Classic
Concorde Frame w/fork and more.
Forum: Techniques April 2nd 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff
Campy lock Ring

Quick question for anyone in the know. Are the lock rings the same for a
cassette with a 13tooth small cog as for a cassette with a 12tooth cog?
Thanks
Forum: Techniques April 2nd 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff
Campy lock Ring

Quick question for anyone in the know. Are the lock rings the same for a
cassette with a 13tooth small cog as for a cassette with a 12tooth cog?
Thanks
Forum: Marketplace March 20th 08, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
FS:Vintage Campy Wheels and other stuff

I've been holding onto this stuff for too long and it is now time to get rid
of it.

Campy Tipo 36hole High Flange laced to a set of Fiamme Red Label rims

Campy Nuovo Record 36hole High Flange...
Forum: Marketplace August 5th 07, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff
Trade my Campy 2007 Group for your Shimano Dura -Ace Group

John Berenyi wrote:
If you have a slightly used Dura Ace group and would like to trade straight
across for my Record (2007) let me know. Mine is the the compact series. I
have Fulcrum...
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeff
Campy 50th anniv triple crank

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Never seen or heard of one before. One of a kind or a butchering of a
collector's item? Definitely a "drillium" butchering of the inner
chainwheel.

Forum: Techniques July 24th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff
10-Speed Chain questions

Mark A. Clark wrote:
Sorry if this has been discussed previously.

I am a big fan of using the cheapest chain/sprocket combo that gives good
results. I am getting ready to replace the...
Forum: General July 23rd 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff
Selecting a Single Speed

Mailmover wrote:
I am currently looking to buy a Single Speed Roadie, with flip flop
hub. I will be using it mainly to commute to and from work (stop and
go traffic) and a training tool during...
Forum: Techniques July 13th 07, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By Jeff
Trek TCT vs OCLV?

Alan Hoyle wrote:
I know the TCT is made in Taiwan and the OCLV in Minnesota. Is there
any difference in their reliability and/or the warranty?

-alan

Treks are made in Wisconsin not...
Forum: Marketplace March 22nd 07, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff
WTB: NOS Conti Triathlon Tubular Tires

Are these still made or does anyone have or know of a shop that has NOS
ones? I like them for my back wheel teamed with a Sprinter on the front
wheel. I don't race just like the ride and feel of...
Forum: Techniques March 21st 07, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
Conti Triathlon Tubular tires

Are these still made or does anyone know of a shop that has NOS ones? I
like them for my back wheel teamed with a Sprinter on the front wheel.
I don't race just like the ride and feel of Tubular's...
Forum: Racing March 14th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff
Old OLN TV Tour announers

For the live of me I can't remember who the bimbo was that covered the
Tour during Lance's early string of victory's.................
Can anyone name her?
Thanks
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26