Showing results 1 to 25 of 415
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dvt
Forum: Techniques June 10th 09, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By dvt
Powered bike trailer?

At 10 Jun 2009 13:12:08 +0000 Peter Cole wrote:
Single-wheel trailers aren't so great for carrying any substantial
load, they want to "flop", which can be annoying, particularly at low
speeds....
Forum: Techniques June 10th 09, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By dvt
triple vs double front crank.

At 04 Jun 2009 07:34:09 -0700 someone wrote:
On 3 June, 17:34, dvt wrote:
At 03 Jun 2009 01:24:22 -0700 someone wrote:

Not a problem when using a single pivot...
Forum: Techniques June 3rd 09, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By dvt
triple vs double front crank.

At 03 Jun 2009 01:24:22 -0700 someone wrote:
On 3 June, 08:47, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
Forum: Techniques May 27th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By dvt
fenders...

At 24 May 2009 18:02:22 -0400 Nate Nagel wrote:
Trucked myself over to Ye Olde Bike Shoppe and they had some Planet
Bike things which I picked up.

I prefer the PB fenders to the SKS fenders for...
Forum: Techniques October 7th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By dvt
Campy Conversion 7speed Shimano to Campy 10speed spacing

Phil B wrote:
Although a bit odd, I'd like to space the cogs on my shimano 7 speed
cassette to Campy 10. The cogs are all loose single cogs. I
understand the number of cogs will be limited to...
Forum: Techniques October 6th 08, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 87
Posted By dvt
new chain... lube?

wrote:
Of course, fully enclosed derailleur chains are commonplace in some
circles.

Here are the two halves of a derailleur chain case:
Forum: Techniques October 1st 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By dvt
Kids, don't do what I did

Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
I re-cabled my town bike last week after removing the flat bars and put
on Wicked Witch of the West bars. I noticed that I had run out of them
metal cable housing ends,...
Forum: Techniques October 1st 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By dvt
Convert drop bar to flat bar

Michael Press wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
If I were rich, I would buy something foo foo like a Serotta or Colnago
and set it up DUI style. ;)

frou...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 08, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By dvt
Buckets are the new Milk Crate

landotter wrote:
On Sep 30, 1:06 am, dvt wrote:
I made bike buckets a while back. They're great for carrying stuff, but
noisy when empty. Mine are *extremely* ugly (I...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By dvt
Buckets are the new Milk Crate

landotter wrote:
http://i37.tinypic.com/6sazwh.jpg

What's up with the QR lever on the front wheel?

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
On 9/29/2008 1:43 PM Chalo wrote:
You make it sound like you never want to come back from the store with
a couple of fo'ties.

I gots a handlebar basket for...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By dvt
Buckets are the new Milk Crate

landotter wrote:
I made a couple of the "bike buckets"...

Hmmmm.... has anyone seen landotter and datakoll together at the same time?

I made bike buckets a while back. They're great for carrying...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By dvt
Why 52-42-30?

still just me wrote:
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:08:24 -0700 (PDT), JG wrote:

I was thinking about the proper selection of the middle ring of a
triple.

snip formulae

More...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 08, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By dvt
Flange width

wrote:
What he wrote:

# In addition, if I had to make a choice regarding which wheel to make
# stronger, I'd pick the front.

Yes, that's what I wrote.

Forum: Techniques September 22nd 08, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By dvt
Road brake mounting hole too small

Eponymous wrote:
Hi,

I got a new set of brakes for my Raleigh road bike, FSA road caliper
brakes nothing fancy. The front brake installed with no trouble, but
the rear brake bolt is too...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 08, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By dvt
Flange width

wrote:
Dave who? wrote:

In addition, if I had to make a choice regarding which wheel to make
stronger, I'd pick the front.

For what reason? You...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By dvt
Flange width

wrote:
Dave who? wrote:
In addition, if I had to make a choice regarding which wheel to make
stronger, I'd pick the front.

For what reason? You can sight...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 08, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By dvt
Flange width

wrote:
That doesn't really explain why we all have 100mm
front spacings rather than super-aero 60mm front
spacings. Why should the front be better braced than
the rear,...
Forum: Marketplace September 15th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By dvt
BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!! - MUST READ

wrote:
Believe It Or Not

I choose not to believe.
Forum: Techniques September 11th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By dvt
pros/cons of folding tires

landotter wrote:
On Sep 11, 1:01 pm, John Coltrane wrote:
what are the pros and cons of folding tires?

Pro: lighter by a skosh

Con: floppier when mounting

Con:...
Forum: Techniques September 10th 08, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 294
Posted By dvt
OT - Family Values

I wish you guys wouldn't hijack a tech thread and turn it into a
political thread. I've now killed this thread, so if someone posts an
interesting note on tyre boots, I'll miss it.

If you must have...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By dvt
How to remove Ritchey cranks?

futrino wrote:
I once pushed a round bolt through the square drive hole with a crank
extractor in ca1993, the bike shop had a good laugh when I took that
in, the crank was off. Also, to add...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 62
Posted By dvt
BikeE?

wrote:
Dear Chalo,

That's an interesting comparison.

snip

Very nice, Carl. I enjoyed reading that bit of history.

--
Forum: Recumbent Biking September 5th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 18

wrote:
Dear Chalo,

That's an interesting comparison.

snip

Very nice, Carl. I enjoyed reading that bit of history.

--
Forum: Techniques September 5th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16

Brian wrote:
Let me see if I have this right... You're using an old MTB with skinny
tyres, and you're trying to get the fender close to the tyre. Having
looked at a photo of an F700 with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 415