Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.45 seconds.
Forum: Mountain Biking December 8th 06, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Winter warmth

pete fagerlin wrote:
http://www.petefagerlin.com/ps06.html

Looks like some great bike handling.

Are those native palms?
Forum: Mountain Biking December 5th 06, 03:07 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Offroad Tour of North America

wrote:
A hypothetical exercise for y'all (not so hypothetical, actually) -
devise a loooong bike trip through the US and Canada.

Starting point not important,...
Forum: Social Issues December 4th 06, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 119
Posted By [email protected]
Tom Stienstra: "Gridlock in wild areas: Time for new policies"

Mike Vandeman wrote:
There are several things wrong with Tom Stienstra's approach:

Here's the reference to the original article, entitled Gridlock in Wild
Areas. The article
suggests ways to...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 4th 06, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 129

Mike Vandeman wrote:
There are several things wrong with Tom Stienstra's approach:

Here's the reference to the original article, entitled Gridlock in Wild
Areas. The article
suggests ways to...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 21st 06, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Active Magazine in the UK = thieves

pete fagerlin wrote:
Read about the scumbags he

http://www.leelau.net/2006/activemagazine/activemagazine.htm

They're great pictures, and might be worth some money.

But you've got to wonder...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 21st 06, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Roadie Rant

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
I am all for "Share the Road", but how far do I need to go?

Description of angry cyclist behavior ...

Probably all you need to do to pacify the guy was to apologize, and
say...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 25th 06, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Stolen video

JD wrote:
wrote:
Phil Lee, Squid wrote:
How bikes are made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXxDMfpyuw

--
Phil Lee, Squid
Forum: Mountain Biking October 22nd 06, 04:30 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

Phil Lee, Squid wrote:
How bikes are made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXxDMfpyuw

--
Phil Lee, Squid

Perhaps this WalMart bike is made on that production line?
Forum: Mountain Biking October 5th 06, 04:20 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
RR: Little Bear Loop, Flagstaff

Chris Glidden wrote:
wrote
Hey, did I see you there? I was there on Saturday, alone, wearing a red
shirt on a black Trek Liquid FS bike.

I don't know. We...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 4th 06, 05:21 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
RR: Little Bear Loop, Flagstaff

Chris Glidden wrote:
This days ride promised to be a lung buster. The trail book said it was
15.7 miles (wrong, it ended up being just under 17) with two tough climbs.

We started from the...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 2nd 06, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Sedona: Any tips?

CB wrote:
Dare I post......... O.K. , here goes nothing. Hey MV..... I DON'T
need your "ideas"...

Going to spend a week in Sedona. Any helpful tips?

Slime or no slime?

Trail tips
Forum: Mountain Biking September 27th 06, 04:10 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Where no one has biked before...

Thanks for posting the pictures, but photos don't do the area justice.
Even the National Geographic couldn't capture the grandeur of the place
in their article a couple of years ago.

This is one...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 17th 06, 04:17 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
[OT] Agile Trail-Rider

Here's a view of the new Segway Adventure model in action out on the
singletrack, which I hope you all find amusing:

http://www.segway.com/personal-transporter/model_x2_Adventure.html

Dave
Forum: Mountain Biking August 9th 06, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
RR: New England Charm

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Work has me in Cape Cod, MA for a week. I didn't think I would have
time for the bike, except maybe a late night spin in the health club.
However, I arrived at the resort...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 15th 06, 05:40 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Got a grant!

Paladin wrote:
JD wrote:
Paladin wrote:
You know how much trouble we're getting into down here by
simply trying to cut in new, interesting trails...

So, what's going on...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15