Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.77 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Grove
Forum: UK January 5th 09, 08:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 108
Posted By John Grove
A Simple Question

Police revenue traps are all over the place here are a few to consider.

Sheffield Parkway changes from 50 to 40 and immediately there is a camera
behind a tree.

Main road to Kings Lyn 50mph except...
Forum: UK December 31st 08, 12:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By John Grove
It's Cold

I had one of them complete with top tube gear change. Used it on my witer
bike
It came off my dads 1930's Allen.

I am more modern with my 1963 JRJ Merlin with Campag Gran Sport gears(bought...
Forum: UK December 17th 08, 08:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By John Grove
cycle stands-japan style

In Amsterdam there is a multi storey bike park outside the main railway
station.

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008...
Forum: UK November 30th 08, 05:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By John Grove
Me and my arm ( and my biking)

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
Further to my diatribe on One armed HPV earlier

I had the biopsy done...
Forum: UK November 22nd 08, 05:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By John Grove
One armed guys on HPV's

We have had 2 one armed men in our club
Norman Wiggins from1st world war
Joe from 2nd world war
Came back and overcame his disability as a Time Trial winner

Also take note of Jack Riley rode a trike...
Forum: UK October 23rd 08, 08:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By John Grove
Dogs chase bicycles don't they !

Last one that chased me got a muzzle full of bike pump

"David Lowther" wrote in message
"David Lowther"...
Forum: UK September 8th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By John Grove
happiness is a childback tandem

wrote in message
At least my daughter thinks so...

Hi all... Long-time users may remember me; I...
Forum: UK August 19th 08, 11:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By John Grove
Mark Cavendish

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
Andrew Templeman wrote:

Colin Reed wrote:

Forum: UK August 16th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By John Grove
The rise of British cycling (sport that is)

"burtthebike" wrote in message

"suer" wrote in message
Forum: UK July 26th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By John Grove
old raleigh mountain bike frame

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:16:13 +0100
"John Grove" wrote:

They...
Forum: UK July 24th 08, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By John Grove
Geotag your treks!

Yes I was serious.
It was science teacher from Huddersfield who imparted that piece of
information
so here a lot of youngsters education at stake here

"lardyninja" wrote in...
Forum: UK July 23rd 08, 08:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By John Grove
old raleigh mountain bike frame

"northwesterner" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
Forum: UK July 22nd 08, 08:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By John Grove
Geotag your treks!

Yes the Li river is spectacular with those limestone pillars.
It rained when I was there so you could see the rings of clouds around the
pillars.
I was told the clouds were actually oxygen given off...
Forum: UK July 1st 08, 09:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By John Grove
Fun cycling activities with pupils.

I hope you did the required 20 pages of risk assessment required by Elf n
Safety
and fitted stabilisers to ensure they could not harm themselves.

Having attended child protection in sport lectures...
Forum: UK June 1st 08, 08:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By John Grove
Time trial notice

Sharrow 50 21st June 2008
Starts at 2.00pm not 5.00pm as shown in CTT handbook

Special event celebrating 100 years of 50 mile time trial promotion
1908 to 2008

£100 first fastest other prize values...
Forum: UK March 21st 08, 09:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By John Grove
Car daytime running lights

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 03:57:08 -0700 (PDT), naked_draughtsman
Forum: UK March 11th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By John Grove
frame sizing for a short bloke!

I don't think you are measuring your inside leg to the ground.
My wife is 5 foot nothing and rode a 19.5" frame.
Another small racing man at 5 foot 1" rode same size

"didds" ...
Forum: UK January 20th 08, 12:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By John Grove
Repairing waterproof panniers

If it's PVC it will be welded by RF
That is a radio frequency dielectric welder.
My employer will sell you a welder from around £4000
so it is not really viable to repair a PVC welded item.

"Bob...
Forum: UK January 14th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By John Grove
Cycling across france

"Rogster" wrote in message
I'm toying with the idea of cycling from Calais - South of france...
Forum: UK December 30th 07, 08:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By John Grove
Mounting a dynamo light and another thing....

"Don Whybrow" wrote in message
vernon wrote:
Is there an easy way to get started with a fixie?

It is probably best to...
Forum: UK December 26th 07, 11:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By John Grove
kitchen pics

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
In article , Ian Smith
Forum: UK June 24th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By John Grove
Stuck fixed cup

wrote in message
Hi,

Somehow managed to bend the axle in my old style cup and cone bottom
bracket, so...
Forum: UK May 19th 07, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By John Grove
Incident with a BMW driver

"burt" wrote in message