Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.82 seconds.
Forum: Techniques January 31st 09, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
rear wheel mounted computer/HRM recording data ?

On Jan 29, 12:30*pm, Ron Ruff wrote:
Woland99 wrote:
This is interesting idea - I did not know they were making
PowerTap unit without power sensor. It is called...
Forum: Techniques January 29th 09, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
rear wheel mounted computer/HRM recording data ?

On Jan 25, 4:23*pm, Woland99 wrote:
Is there such thing? Apart from Garmin Edge.

PowerTap 2.4 Wireless head unit with a speed sensor for the rear wheel
will record speed and...
Forum: Racing September 13th 08, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
A demented theory of why Lance is coming back

On Sep 12, 3:17*pm, wrote:

he learned that Wiens was in his 40s.- Hide quoted text -

I hope he asks Wiens to go ride on the road with him. He's obviously
got a huge engine.

Mark
Forum: Racing August 14th 08, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
The Science of Doping

On Aug 13, 11:36*pm, wrote:

cycling coach has already been caught trying to buy a virus used for
inserting genes into mice and other organisms in biological
experiments.

I...
Forum: Racing July 30th 08, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Dope Testing - An utter waste of time

On Jul 30, 3:34*pm, Marty wrote:

both functionally and structurally different and it can be differentiated
in samples

Just to be picky - note that "can be differentiated"...
Forum: Racing July 30th 08, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Dope Testing - An utter waste of time

On Jul 30, 2:57*pm, Marty wrote:

I thought it was a "tracer molecule" that was placed in the C.E.R.A by
the manufacturer that got The Cobra busted. *

There is no "tracer...
Forum: Racing July 22nd 08, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Where's the science?

On Jul 21, 5:46*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

If I could only figure out why my newsreader won't indent or "" your
quotes, I could more readily resond! *:)

Probably...
Forum: Racing July 21st 08, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Where's the science?

On Jul 21, 12:11*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
wrote in ...

Forum: Racing July 21st 08, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Where's the science?

| This is not the time for technicalities

Who yielded the floor to the honorable senator from Wisconsin??

Mark
Forum: Techniques July 13th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 730
Posted By [email protected]
Steel frames and le Tour

Calfee is one of the few custom carbon frames with a lifetime warranty.

FWIW, Calfee frames do not come with a lifetime warranty. It's 25
years on the Tetra Pro and the Dragonfly and 10 years on...
Forum: Racing July 13th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 611
Posted By [email protected]
Steel frames and le Tour

Calfee is one of the few custom carbon frames with a lifetime warranty.

FWIW, Calfee frames do not come with a lifetime warranty. It's 25
years on the Tetra Pro and the Dragonfly and 10 years on...
Forum: Racing July 12th 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 611
Posted By [email protected]
Steel frames and le Tour

On Jul 12, 7:48*am, Lou Holtman wrote:

Steel is unnecessary heavy IMO.

Certainly steel isn't the weight weenie material of choice. However,
for discussion, my LandShark...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 730
Posted By [email protected]
Steel frames and le Tour

On Jul 12, 7:48*am, Lou Holtman wrote:

Steel is unnecessary heavy IMO.

Certainly steel isn't the weight weenie material of choice. However,
for discussion, my LandShark...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 08, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 730
Posted By [email protected]
Steel frames and le Tour

On Jul 12, 5:25*am, Lou Holtman wrote:

They always break at the welds/joints; cablestop welds,
waterbottle welds, at the brazed lugs, glued in dropouts, glued in BB
Forum: Racing July 12th 08, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 611
Posted By [email protected]
Steel frames and le Tour

On Jul 12, 5:25*am, Lou Holtman wrote:

They always break at the welds/joints; cablestop welds,
waterbottle welds, at the brazed lugs, glued in dropouts, glued in BB
Forum: Racing July 2nd 08, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Negative Racing - How to break it?

On Jun 30, 11:31*pm, RicodJour wrote:

You raced juniors 25 years ago, then had a 30 year lay off...

OK, pretty clear that the content replies have been written and...
Forum: Racing July 1st 08, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Negative Racing - How to break it?

On Jun 30, 8:16 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

Read this:http://spokepost.com/news/story/1216/

Yes that is a good link. Thanks. I read it two years ago and I've...
Forum: Racing June 30th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Negative Racing - How to break it?

Dumbasses,

I know talking about racing here is crazy but there isn't anything to
talk about in RBR until Saturday when the tour (TIOOYK) starts so what
the heck...

After a 30 year layoff I decided...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 08, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 213
Posted By [email protected]
Last TDF winner to flat?

On Jun 24, 11:58*pm, wrote:

As for using Google Groups, no apologies are needed.

I miss PINE but I am just too lazy to switch to something different
for the 2 or three...
Forum: Racing June 26th 08, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
odds for TDF

On Jun 25, 8:43*pm, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:

P.S. *Question: *If he hadn't tooted blow and been caught, where would
you set Boonen's chances to win the Tour? *Small...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 08, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 213
Posted By [email protected]
Last TDF winner to flat?

On Jun 24, 7:44*pm, wrote:

But a link (snip)

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9507E7DA113EF935A15754C0A96F958260

Apologies for using google as a newsread....
Forum: Racing June 25th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Is this hitting races too?

On Jun 23, 5:20*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

Three stages for the travel means less impact of gas prices than for
a similar drive to a one-day race.

You been...
Forum: Racing June 25th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Is this hitting races too?

On Jun 23, 5:09*am, Donald Munro wrote:
2bowlers wrote:
Seemed like a pretty good turnout for the Giro d'Jersey

I assume the GC jersey is pollution colored...
Forum: Racing June 23rd 08, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Is this hitting races too?

On Jun 22, 8:52*pm, Bill C wrote:

*That's kinda what I thought would be happening. It's been a crowded
calendar here in New England for years. It'll be interesting to...
Forum: Racing June 19th 08, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
*Two* cyclists on Letterman last night

On Jun 18, 12:17*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

At first you're thinking, uh-huh, yeah,
really, but then he gets into tubulars and hairnets (which I'm not sure made
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46