Cycle lanes are a waste of money by Simon Jester
At last, something those of us who have to use and pay for the things have been saying for...
E-bikes and the countryside by Simon Jester
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGYAcTeaAA0 Cyclists should stick to Cycleways, Bridleways or BOAT's. Nugent will support more access to footpaths for...
Protecting yourself by Andy
I have thought about carrying a short range cell phone jammer while biking. I have given it careful thought. But when traveling as a passenger I increasingly...
by John B. Slocomb Go to last post
146 530 Techniques
I need a DOUBLE curved clamp-on cable guide by Sir Ridesalot
I need a double curved clamp-on cable guide that will fit a vintage bike with a standard size downtube. This cable guide will be at the bottom brake. Here's a...
Yesterday 11:17 PM
by Sir Ridesalot Go to last post
2 16 Techniques
Tour de Suisse, stage 3 summary by Bob Martin
Stage 3 : June 17, 2019 Flamatt - Murten 162.3 km 1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Bora-Hansgrohe ...
Yesterday 09:17 PM
by Bob Martin Go to last post
0 8 Racing
Time for car tests by Simon Jester
Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test...
Chain alignment friction losses by John B.
Some time ago I posted a question about the possible friction losses when various "gears" are used. Subsequently I have come across a test of both chain...
by Sir Ridesalot Go to last post
27 138 Techniques
Interesting discovery today about Dura Ace AX by Sir Ridesalot
I was wanting to transfer an extra Dura Ace AX crankset over to another bicycle. That crankset still had one pedal on it and I wanted to put on other Dura Ace...
Yesterday 07:58 PM
by Sir Ridesalot Go to last post
2 33 Techniques
Hot rodding e-bikes by Frank Krygowski[_4_]
Seems it's easy to modify an e-bike to travel up to about 45...
by Tom Kunich[_5_] Go to last post
23 122 Techniques
Steel is Real and Carbon is Lighter by Tom Kunich[_5_]
OK, I just went out and weighed my road bikes again. Just like I would walk out the door with. Basso Loto - this is the final year of production and used...
Yesterday 05:57 PM
by Tom Kunich[_5_] Go to last post
0 18 Techniques
Feeling strong by db[_2_]
Some days, on my way to work, it all feels great, I zoom along, the bike responds beautifully, I feel strong today, wow. Then I realise, I've got a tail...
by Tom Kunich[_5_] Go to last post
21 159 Techniques
Criterium du Dauphine, stage 8 summary by Bob Martin
Stage 8 : June 16, 2019 Cluses - Champery 113.5 km 1 Dylan van Baarle (Ned) Team Ineos ...
Yesterday 03:35 PM
by Craig Chilton Go to last post
1 19 Racing
Tour de Suisse, stage 2 summary by Bob Martin
Stage 2 : June 16, 2019 Langnau - Langnau 159.6 km 1 Luis Leon Sanchez (Spa) Astana Pro Team ...
Yesterday 07:53 AM
by Bob Martin Go to last post