Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Handel Barz
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 15th 12, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 9
Posted By Handel Barz
Does anyone ?

On Jan 8, 2:01*am, "Tom $herman (-_-)" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/1/2012 7:23 PM, 75yrs.experience wrote: Does anyone up here ever actually discuss recumbent...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 15th 12, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 3
Posted By Handel Barz
"Overkill" gearing on most bicycles

Manufacturers should look at providing three gear bicycles again. I
find, for myself anyway, that an 18 speed gear system is "overkill"
for the bicycle commute everyday. Single speed cranks are not...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 09, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Handel Barz
What a Difference a Little Grease Makes

On Jul 9, 5:31*pm, someone wrote:
On 9 July, 21:14, wrote:

Handel Barz wrote:
I have an older bicycle I use for odd runs to the...
Forum: Techniques July 9th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Handel Barz
What a Difference a Little Grease Makes

On Jul 9, 4:14*pm, wrote:
Handel Barz wrote:
I have an older bicycle I use for odd runs to the corner store.
It's a "beater". *Everything works, no creaks or...
Forum: Techniques July 9th 09, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Handel Barz
What a Difference a Little Grease Makes

I have an older bicycle I use for odd runs to the corner store. It's a
"beater". Everything works, no creaks or squeaks. Decided to pull the
crank and pedals and lubricate the bearings. Dry inside,...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Handel Barz
Fragile presta valves

Try a slime tube, yuk:
http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/107-473955
Never used one myself.

On Jun 26, 3:38*pm, wrote:
We're not talking about tire creep on low...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Handel Barz
Using a front caliper on a recessed rear

On Jun 25, 4:32*pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 3.0 ®" wrote:
I want to use a front 105 caliper as a rear brake. *My frame's rear brake
bridge has a recessed hole for the 5mm allen nut....
Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Handel Barz
Old Fashioned Look of Fenders, Chopped and Rotated

Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 25, 8:58*pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 3.0 ®" wrote:
"Handel Barz" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Handel Barz
Old Fashioned Look of Fenders, Chopped and Rotated

On Jun 25, 8:46*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
I have experience of short mudguards, in that my Utopia Kranich is
fitted with the short or sporting P65 mudguards from SKS. In the
Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Handel Barz
Old Fashioned Look of Fenders, Chopped and Rotated

This old bicycle is my platform for trying out various configurations
of fenders. Mainly to break away from the traditional look, and to
keep function.
see:
http://i43.tinypic.com/140m69v.jpg
The...
Forum: Techniques June 24th 09, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Handel Barz
broken spoke problems

On Jun 23, 9:55*pm, Michael Press wrote:
*Handel Barz wrote:
In my opinion, your rear wheel spokes are overtightened, leaving
nothing to stretch...
Forum: Techniques June 23rd 09, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Handel Barz
broken spoke problems

On 22 June, 00:54, Arif Khokar wrote:
I purchased a Fuji Crosstown 3.0 easy step frame bicycle back in March
2008. *Since then I've ridden roughly 3000 miles. *During that...
Forum: Techniques June 23rd 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Handel Barz
Old Fashioned Look of Metal Fenders, Partially Solved, I think. . .

In the land where I ride bicycles, metal fenders are strictly to be
avoided at all costs. Those costs being "looks".
So many people associate metal fenders on bicycles as being old
fashioned that we...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14