Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Clyde Henpecker
Forum: Rides July 8th 09, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
The looks, the feeling of being odd, .. how to overcome?

"Because it's fun and I get to see places and meet people instead of
blasting down the interstate."

The people who ask are those who don't like to ride, but do it for
"merit badges". ...
Forum: Rides July 8th 09, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
The looks, the feeling of being odd, .. how to overcome?

I'm off tomorrow for a couple of weeks of riding ..

I am almost 60, not some young buck. I love riding my bicycle,
going off touring.

What I do not like is the "why are you doing this"...
Forum: Rides June 27th 09, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
brake pads .. ?? You know ??

I will need two new pads for the front wheel.

Was wondering if there is a prefered pad.

The brakes are the traditional center-pull cantilever brakes..
Bike is a Cannondale T800 touring bike..

The...
Forum: Rides June 25th 09, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
I"m going on the Mark Sanford Tour..

Just disappear, go cycling.. and if I meet some babe from
south America ?? Yes...
Forum: Rides June 22nd 09, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Inside of helmet fit pads .. ?? Replacements ~ ??

"Clyde Henpecker" wrote in message
I own a Bell Helmet.. EVO model .. I think that is it ..

The fit pads.. which are little...
Forum: General June 20th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Fit Pads .. for a Bell Helmet .. REplacement .. ??? How to, where, Fit Pads.

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"Clyde Henpecker" ...
Forum: General June 20th 09, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Fit Pads .. for a Bell Helmet .. REplacement .. ??? How to, where, Fit Pads.

I have a comfortable Bell Helmet.. EVO..

The fit pads are worn, falling out.. from sweat/outdoors/etc

Where can I get the little fit pad thingy's.. to replace the worn out ones.
?????

Fit...
Forum: Rides June 20th 09, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Inside of helmet fit pads .. ?? Replacements ~ ??

I own a Bell Helmet.. EVO model .. I think that is it ..

The fit pads.. which are little sponge like dealy's which either
stick in or velcro in .. to the inside of the helmet..

They are worn from...
Forum: Rides June 19th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Bicycle Shirt question .. kinda dumb but ..::

On 2009-06-19, Clyde Henpecker wrote:
I...
Forum: Rides June 19th 09, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Bicycle Shirt question .. kinda dumb but ..::

I love cycling, always have. I do not love bicycling shirts, never have.

The clingy feeling ... can't stand it ..

What I do like is the new fabrics that wick away moisture..

Figured I'd ask if...
Forum: Rides June 14th 09, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
RAGBRAI .. I've never done it, might this summer.. looking for info

I'm trying to figure out a tour.. so, last night I was doing the look
at places I've never bicycled at, and the RAGBRAI ride popped up.

I got to wondering ... somehow get to the start, ride the...
Forum: General June 12th 09, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
call of nature

"recycled" wrote in message

Guys only, likely, tho maybe the ladies have an opinion:

When riding in the country and you find you...
Forum: General November 24th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Monty Python: Bicycle Repairman!

"Luigi de Guzman" wrote in message
Monty Python has decided to surrender to the inevitable and start posting
'official' YouTube...
Forum: Rides October 29th 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Saddle/Seat bag .. question

I'm sure most all have the little bag attached to the back of the saddle,
back and to the rear.

I'd like to find one that may offer some more room, but won't interfere
with riding my bike..

Do ya...
Forum: Rides October 22nd 08, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Touring in Vermont

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
On Oct 21, 2:20 pm, "PatTX" wrote:
:: I hit...
Forum: Rides October 21st 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Touring in Vermont

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
On Oct 19, 5:52 pm, "PatTX" wrote:
Does...
Forum: Rides October 20th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Touring in Vermont

"PatTX" wrote in message
Does anyone here have any experience on traveling by bicycle in Vermont? I
don't want an organized tour;...
Forum: Rides October 19th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
handlebar bag .. ?? Recommend, and a question

"David Horwitt" wrote in message
Clyde Henpecker wrote:

Do ya have a recommendation for a handlebar bag?

What one do...
Forum: Rides October 17th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
handlebar bag .. ?? Recommend, and a question

I have a bag on my Cannondale touring bicycle. The problem?
It sags. The attachment is just a loop around the handlebar, with
a velcro to hold the loop together.

The only reason it stays up at all...
Forum: Rides October 6th 08, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Best headlights ,, question .. not the expensive ones though

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
On Oct 4, 12:55 pm, "Thomas, Spring Point Light"...
Forum: Rides October 5th 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Best headlights ,, question .. not the expensive ones though

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Thomas, Spring Point Light wrote:
I was just looking at the Permormance Bike web...
Forum: General October 4th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Clyde Henpecker
Can You Find Quality 27" wheels for a decent price?

wrote in message
I've had some trouble finding a replacement wheel for my old Schwinn.
I'm a tall...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22