Showing results 1 to 25 of 201
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mark
Forum: Techniques July 30th 07, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By mark
Switching to Bar End Shifters

I've got the Dia-Tech adapters on the ends of the mustache bars on my
MB-3, along with the Silver shifters. They work very nicely, they're
well made and pretty simple.

Like another poster said, it...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By mark
Brifters on a moustache bar

Having used mustache bars on my winter commuter for a while, I can't
imagine that shifting would be all that comfortable. What's wrong with
bar-end shifters? Campy and (I think) Shimano offer...
Forum: Techniques July 18th 07, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 79
Posted By mark
spoke tension

Interesting, and thanks for the update. It might be time for a new copy
of "The Bicycle Wheel".

mark
Forum: Techniques July 18th 07, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 79
Posted By mark
spoke tension

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:

Do you deny that Jobst Brandt has stated that ONE of the methods for
determining maximum tension is that if the rim does NOT stay true when
stress...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 79
Posted By mark
spoke tension

Thank you.

mark

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Jul 16, 11:19 pm, mark wrote:
Could someone recommend the proper spoke tension for a rear wheel built
with a...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 79
Posted By mark
spoke tension

Could someone recommend the proper spoke tension for a rear wheel built
with a Velocity Aerohead OC rim?

TIA,

mark
Forum: General July 9th 07, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 47
Posted By mark
Louisville fatality, no charges pressed

Rivendell does.

mark

(apologies for the thread drift here)

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:07:30 -0700, Neil Brooks wrote:

Time to start checking the grilles of some of these...
Forum: Techniques July 5th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By mark
campagnolo euclid brakes ?

Mountain bike brakes developed by Campagnolo in the late '80s/early
'90s. When mountain bikes started to get big in the early '80s
Campagnolo dismissed them as a short lived fad. When it looked...
Forum: General July 4th 07, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By mark
Roof-mounted bike rack: fork mount or whole bike?

Actually I'm still shopping for the bike rack, but that's a very good
point to remember. I would probably remove the bike rack anyway, just to
make trunk access easier (I don't want the extra...
Forum: General July 4th 07, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By mark
Run off the road...

Some state highway patrols have a free hotline to report road rage and
aggressive driving. They can't issue citations or summonses in this kind
of "he said/she said" situations, but they do keep...
Forum: General July 4th 07, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By mark
Roof-mounted bike rack: fork mount or whole bike?

I won't get involved in "which is better for the bike", except to say
that I use a fork mount for my fenderless road bike, and a "whole bike"
mount for my fender-equipped touring bike. The "whole...
Forum: General June 22nd 07, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By mark
Touring in Southern France: HELP!

arnieb wrote:
My sweetie and I plan on taking our tandem ( Richey Skyliner ) to
France for 17 days from the end of August through the middle of
September. We have airline tickets to Paris and...
Forum: General June 22nd 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By mark
Two children on one bike?

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
"safest" would be a trailer, especially considering the kids are so young.

For bigger little kids, I have seen little bicycle seats that clamp onto
your bike's top...
Forum: Techniques June 21st 07, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By mark
Bike shop woes = need a better shop

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Hi there.

I called the local bike shop today because I want to get some work
done on a Tange 5 cro-moly steel tubed 1985-ish Miele frame I have
before I get it...
Forum: UK June 16th 07, 11:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By mark
QRs banned in New Jersey

vernon wrote:
"Tony Raven" wrote in message

Seems the New Jersey legislators have banned Quick Releases on bicycle...
Forum: UK June 16th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By mark
QRs banned in New Jersey

Nick wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
Seems the New Jersey legislators have banned Quick Releases on
bicycle wheels.

Forum: Rides June 15th 07, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By mark
Dillon Colorado riding

Jay Beattie wrote:
"mark" wrote in message

Later this...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 07, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By mark
Dillon Colorado riding

Jay Beattie wrote:
"mark" wrote in message

Later this...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By mark
TA Cyclotouriste 40t outer chainring source

NickP wrote:
Anyone know of a source for these? I need two. 44t is the closest I've
turned up at any of my usual suppliers.

Harris Cyclery has them on their website...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By mark
Dillon Colorado riding

wrote:
Later this summer I will be spending a week in Dillon Colorado. I
plan to take the bike and ride everyday. Both one day out and back
routes, and 2-3 day loop...
Forum: Rides June 14th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By mark
Dillon Colorado riding

wrote:
Later this summer I will be spending a week in Dillon Colorado. I
plan to take the bike and ride everyday. Both one day out and back
routes, and 2-3 day loop...
Forum: Techniques June 10th 07, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By mark
Classic Touring Frames

Pilgrim wrote:
I have looked into bridgestones. Does anyone know if the MBs have the
needed braze ons? I'd imagine their wheel clearance is fine, but what
about the bottome bracket height and...
Forum: General June 9th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By mark
bikes for BIG guys

me wrote:
Does anyone know of an off the shelf bike for a 6'8" 330lb guy with BIG
feet?

Strictly speaking it's an off the shelf frame and the buyer chooses the
components, but Rivendell's...
Forum: General June 5th 07, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By mark
shipping bike from Europe?

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Does anyone have experience shipping a bike from Europe to the USA? DHL
and UPS want a small forturne, about $600. Is there a better way? I'd
like the bike to...
Forum: General May 28th 07, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By mark
Rules of the Road

Jorg Lueke wrote:
Much of where I ride there's a decent shoulder often with the bicycle
sign nearby. Often enough right turn lanes cross the shoulder so that
one is riding on the turn lane. I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 201