Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dieter Britz
Forum: Techniques August 11th 11, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Dieter Britz
Chain for single gear = 3/32 0r 1/2?

Peter Cole wrote:

I ordered a 3/32 single speed freewheel for my single speed conversion
so that I could use the existing chain with it. Unfortunately, when I
went to to the shop to get the...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 11, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Dieter Britz
Cross 3 or 4

Chalo wrote:

But cross-4 on 36 spoke wheels is the closest to purely tangential
lacing you can get with that spoke count. On a low-flange hub, the
spokes can overlap adjacent spokes' heads,...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 11, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Dieter Britz
Cross 3 or 4

Michael Press wrote:

In article ,
Dieter Britz wrote:

I am threading a new wheel, and have a set of good spokes I can
recycle from...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 11, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Dieter Britz
Cross 3 or 4

I am threading a new wheel, and have a set of good spokes I can
recycle from another rim. It turns out that if I use cross 4,
I can use the old spokes (which are quite expensive strong Swiss
ones)....
Forum: Techniques June 1st 11, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Dieter Britz
NEW POST Chasing down creak noises

DBSAIA wrote:

My situation is different than Andre's, so I'll start anew. Creak
begins about 40 km into ride. Noise occurs on downward pedal stroke,
more so on right/dominant-leg push. ...
Forum: Techniques May 25th 11, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Dieter Britz
700c rim recs

James wrote:

To be honest, I've never used ceramic specific brake pads, and as a
result they build up a waxy coating that become apparent for the first
30 minutes or so after it starts to rain...
Forum: Techniques March 22nd 11, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Dieter Britz
About the public benefactor Peter Howard and others who are not deceived by Jutean lies.

Peter Howard wrote:
[...]
I don't follow the fight between these gentlemen, but:

The law in German.
§67 Lichtechnische Einrichtungen an Fahrrädern
"Fahrräder müssen für den Betrieb des...
Forum: Techniques March 21st 11, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By Dieter Britz
Sizing the ends bungee cord

Peter Cole wrote:

On 3/18/2011 9:08 PM, jay wrote:
Does anyone know an effective way to size (For that mater, does
anyone
know the correct spelling of this word? I've Googled& ...
Forum: Techniques March 16th 11, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Dieter Britz
Shimano products to skyrocket in price.

Cicero Venatio wrote:

Shimano has ceased all production, which will mean shortages. If some
of their production line gets radiated it could be catastrophe.

I would think that the real...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 11, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 99
Posted By Dieter Britz
Fear of cycling

James wrote:

Frank Krygowski wrote:
Coincidentally, I was just pointed to this excellent article:

http://thinkingaboutcycling.wordpress.com/article-fear-of-cycling/

A lot of what...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 11, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Dieter Britz
Trying to find correct size chainring bolts

Scratchy wrote:

One of our bikes has internal gearing (Nexus) and obviously single
chainring up front... there is a metal chainguard attached to that
chainring and I need to replace the...
Forum: Techniques January 25th 11, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Dieter Britz
Lube or Replace "dry" Shimano roller brake

wrote:

Hello there,

The rear roller brake (Shimano BR-IM41R) of my Nexus equipped city
bike has always been very weak. On closer inspection I noticed that
Forum: Techniques January 24th 11, 09:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Dieter Britz
Tire liners

Andy wrote:

I am looking for feedback on tire liners.

I recently had a flat that had two holes made by small slivers of
glass.

I use Continental City Ride tires at about 45 p.s.i. on...
Forum: Techniques November 10th 10, 08:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Dieter Britz
Now starts the winter of our discontent

Andre Jute wrote:

3 degrees Celsius outside, ice on cars, road with little icy buttons.

****!

My cycling target isn't high: 50km a week, 2000km for the year or at
least as far as I...
Forum: Techniques November 9th 10, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Dieter Britz
How to remove a stuck pedal

Ronko wrote:

A friend gave me a low-end Truvativ Touro crank, not a great crank.
Non-drive side (left) arm has a pedal on it that will not come off. I
tried using a 3 feet "cheater" pipe over...
Forum: Techniques November 8th 10, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Dieter Britz
How to remove a stuck pedal

David Scheidt wrote:

Ronko wrote:
:A friend gave me a low-end Truvativ Touro crank, not a great crank.
:Non-drive side (left) arm has a pedal on it that will not come...
Forum: UK October 27th 10, 09:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Dieter Britz
Cycle Rack

JonC wrote:

Does anyone recommend a cycle rack, for at least 2 bikes,which will fit
a Hyundai i10 please. Must be a high rise one not to obscure the number
plate and brake lights,...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 10, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Dieter Britz
Comparing bikes - rolling resistance - friction etc

Anton Berlin wrote:

So far this is just one observation but I recently traded bicycles
with a friend for about a km while on a group ride. They are both
identically equipped and sized...
Forum: Techniques October 20th 10, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Dieter Britz
Good camera for bike touring with long zoom?

Andre Jute wrote:

On Oct 19, 11:45Â*pm, wrote:
I am wondering abt one of...
Forum: Techniques October 20th 10, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Dieter Britz
Good camera for bike touring with long zoom?

wrote:

I am wondering abt one of these

Forum: UK October 20th 10, 08:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Dieter Britz
Pedal reflectors

X5b8cpMN wrote:

On 19/10/2010 16:34, Mr. Benn wrote:
Wacko Jacko of the moderated group says the subject of pedal reflectors
is "controversial" and used this justification for delaying...
Forum: Techniques October 12th 10, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dieter Britz
DT spoke length calcs

55 nomad wrote:

I'm interested in acquiring spoke lengths for a wheelset build. The 7
speed 32h hubset is Shimano Deore XT- HB-M730(front) and FH-M732
(rear). I'll be using a 3x pattern and...
Forum: UK September 22nd 10, 08:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Dieter Britz
Feet on pedals

Peter Clinch wrote:

Dieter Britz wrote:
Here in Denmark there has been a change in how people cycle. I notice
that most youngish people put the middle of their feet on the pedals,
never...
Forum: UK September 22nd 10, 08:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Dieter Britz
Feet on pedals

Ian Smith wrote:

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:25:14 +0200, Dieter Britz wrote:

Here in Denmark there has been a change in how people cycle. I
notice that most youngish...
Forum: UK September 21st 10, 08:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Dieter Britz
Feet on pedals

Here in Denmark there has been a change in how people cycle. I notice that
most youngish people put the middle of their feet on the pedals, never
having been told that it's the front part of the foot...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35