Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 1.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: xtor
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By xtor
Learning to turn

I found doing s-turns while riding helped
with me to lean into turns.

You might want to try to do some figure eights
around garbage cans if you want to practice turning.

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By xtor
New Jersey Riders

We have a unicycle club in New Jersey; Though, Budd Lake is more then a
unicycle ride from here;) That being said, if you are ever in the area
let us know.

There are many unicyclist here in Jersey. ...
Forum: Unicycling September 27th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By xtor
paranoid newbie looking for tips/advice

Thanks for the correction, yes, 3 O'Clock and 9 O'Clock it is, I have to
stop

posting at night:)

--
xtor
xtor's Profile:...
Replies: 16
Posted By xtor
paranoid newbie looking for tips/advice

First welcome the sport.

I 6’3” and learned on a Torker LX 24. I was about 212, but the uni has
robed a few pounds from me. I found that I that if I over-inflated (80
PSI with out problems) the...
Forum: Unicycling August 27th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By xtor
NEw help needed

In hind sight, I should have asked this question before I purchase a
unicycle.

It all depends on what kind of tricks you plan to do. It you plan to
jump around than a trails might be in order.

I...
Forum: Unicycling April 15th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By xtor
New Coker has arrived

Munivision wrote:
You are a piano technician, you can install the brake yourself. It is
very easy, takes five minutes, with simple tools. You need to be one
with your machine!

True...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 07, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By xtor
weight on seat problem

davidb wrote:
I had the same problem when I started (and still do, some). How long
have you been riding?

Funny thing, though - with the seat really low, I was able to...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 07, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By xtor
New Coker

hendyjr05 wrote:
I have test road the new Big One and the V2 they are great unicycles
they are sooooo nice. Coker has made a bunch of improvements from the
old big one.

Please tell us which...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 07, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By xtor
New Coker

hendyjr05 wrote:
I have test road the new Big One and the V2 they are great unicycles
they are sooooo nice. Coker has made a bunch of improvements from the
old big one.

Please tell us which...
Forum: Unicycling October 29th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By xtor
How long to learn free mounting?

chrome wrote:
I'm wondering how long it takes to learn to free mount consistently?

I usually try to get in at least a half hour practice session, a few
times a week. My 26" seems a...
Forum: Unicycling October 28th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By xtor
Are you 45+

Hi fellow seniors,

I started unicycling about 13 months ago on a 24. In may of this year

I got a 29. A week ago I add a giraffe to the collection. I am having

the time of my life now at 55!

--
Forum: Unicycling January 17th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15

I started to ride in September of 2006 on 24 lx, as I am 6' 3 also, I
had the same question as you regarding size. Well, the seat post is
plenty long and you may be able to ride it in its lowest...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 06, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By xtor
newbie to the forums

Here is my two cents:

Again, your friend is right but, you probably knew that and it did not
help you.

First, a little physics, Since, a 24 inch wheel will go farther than a
20 inch wheel in one...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

Chrashing wrote:
Learning to ride after 30, 40 and 50... Wow, that is brave.

Not sure if it is call it bravery. Perhaps, believing that we can
accomplish any thing that we put our mind...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

Sir Falloffalot wrote:
ok am i the only one i learned to ride like 600 feet after like 2 hours
practice

The short answer is no, but I bet you are in a extremely small
group.:cool:
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 06, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

still if only i had a unicyclist parent.... that'd be so cool

It would be cool if anyone in my family was a unicyclist!

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 06, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

I have alot of respect for you guys still unicycling, wish my parents
where that cool

My parents did not uni and I did not think that they were cool until I
was in my mid-twenties.

I am a...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

Well done on learning to ride. The next thing you can enjoy is the lower
back pain

Been there, did that, and I will tell you it is not fun.

--
xtor
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 06, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ok, I have been riding for three months now and no longer get as tired.
For anyone new to the hobby I like to share my experiences.
I found several thing that were causing me to get tired.

1 - I...
Forum: Unicycling September 27th 06, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

Wheel Rider wrote:

Keep in mind that every time you try to freemount puts you one step
closer to mastering the skill.

That is impeccable logic.
I am going to start to practice...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 06, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

Wheel Rider wrote:
I learned at age 50. You are going through normal steps for learning to
ride and you are doing fine.

Nice to hear from people that learned when they around my age and...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 06, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

john_childs wrote:

1) Hold on to a wall or fence
2) Put the back of both heels centered on the pedals
3) Your leg should be straight at the bottom of the pedal stroke
4) Pedal a few...
Forum: Unicycling September 24th 06, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

tumblebug rollin:

Don't get too psyched up over this as you will have enough frustration
anyway. It's very easy to get so focused on progressing that you turn
it into a job and loose sight of that...
Forum: Unicycling September 23rd 06, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

For me, as straight as you can get your leg without having to wiggle
your back end.

Thanks, I will play with the seat height and see if it makes any
difference.

Those first long rides really do...
Forum: Unicycling September 23rd 06, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By xtor
Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

GOOD NEWS, you get over it. Keep going
Glad to hear it:)

First, I would like to thank you all for your answers. I sure
appreciate getting a response so, quickly.

It was surely frustrating, my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26