Showing results 1 to 25 of 424
Search took 2.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DaveB
Forum: Australia October 29th 07, 05:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By DaveB
Glenvale crits

Can anyone tell me if you can still get a day license for Glenvale
crits, last time I was there (the day FD had a great fall) you could get
a day license for $19 or thereabouts. Also what distance...
Forum: Australia October 21st 07, 02:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By DaveB
mad magpie

ChrisRiley wrote:
Hello, All!
its mad magpie season and for those of you who use kongadera RD in hume (
north of melbourne ) be warned that a magpie nesting near the puppy farm has
taken a...
Forum: Australia October 15th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 33
Posted By DaveB
Passing commuters

Bean Long wrote:
BT Humble wrote:

My favourite is when I'm commuting home on Aaargh[1] and I get passed
while I'm stopped at the pedestrian lights by a poser/wannabe who
blows the red. ...
Forum: Australia October 9th 07, 06:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By DaveB
OK so I admit Perth turned it on

Travis wrote:
On Oct 8, 8:41 am, wrote:
OK so I admit Perth turned it on weather wise today
(Monday) for people to get out and enjoy it.

Eh? It rained...
Forum: Australia October 8th 07, 06:36 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By DaveB
Cycling is good for your eyes

thefathippy wrote:

How old are you?

When my wife got specs (for distance viewing), the opthalmologist
commented that *some* people with weak scripts find their distance
vision gets...
Forum: Australia October 8th 07, 05:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By DaveB
Cycling is good for your eyes

I went to get my eyes checked today for the first time since 2000. I've
got glasses but have generally only worn them when driving at night, so
my eyes aren't too bad. Over the past 7 years my eyes...
Forum: Australia October 3rd 07, 09:16 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By DaveB
Non-cycling but possibly of interest

TimC wrote:

*Fascinating*! Nice tailwind tonight, had I still been living there.

It was AWWWWWWWWESOME!

DaveB
Forum: Australia September 30th 07, 11:30 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By DaveB
Magpie map

Hooray, finally solved problems I was having with IE by getting the
Magpie Map off googlemashups and onto my Optusnet account. New url...
Forum: Australia September 30th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By DaveB
Instant Review: eggbeaters on a road bike with road shoes

TimC wrote:
Teh excellent. I'm hoping no more quick wearing look plastic and
teflon cleats. Bit easier to walk on too.

Pedals:
Forum: Australia September 26th 07, 12:36 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By DaveB
Worlds in Victoria - Official

blah wrote:
On Sep 26, 1:44 pm, gplama gplama.2xi...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Good to hear from ya blah... I thought you'd pulled a 'Brett' on us!
Its now been over two...
Forum: Australia September 26th 07, 06:11 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By DaveB
Worlds in Victoria - Official

blah wrote:
Great... just after I move from the country. Oh well, we might be back
by then.

So where are you now? Somewhere hot and sandy or have you moved on?

DaveB
Forum: Australia September 26th 07, 03:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By DaveB
Cyclist booked in Melbourne

phillip brown wrote:
On Sep 25, 9:34 pm, "PeteSig" wrote:
"Joel Mayes" wrote:
There's been a bit of a ``crackdown'' in the CBD recently. I had a gal
come into work...
Forum: Australia September 23rd 07, 09:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By DaveB
He's back!!!

beerwolf wrote:
In the absence of a magpikely.com,

http://magpiemap03.googlemashups.com

Note: have found a fault with viewing the map through IE but works
through Firefox.

DaveB
Forum: Australia September 14th 07, 05:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By DaveB
Magpie map

Ok the very rough first cut is ready for perusal and comment.

Here's the map. http://magpiemap03.googlemashups.com/

What i really want at the moment is locations of some known pesky birds.

Aims...
Forum: Australia September 8th 07, 01:52 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By DaveB
car vs bike commuting on 'the car show'

gplama wrote:

I worked it out... we're paying out on magpies.. those pesky buggers!

:)

Forum: Australia September 8th 07, 11:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By DaveB
car vs bike commuting on 'the car show'

RV wrote:
Steers on a dime to avoid dills.
Stop at city lights, walk across as pedestrian with motor running and
clutch in, then resume trip as motor bike.

Compare the times and get back...
Forum: Australia September 8th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By DaveB
car vs bike commuting on 'the car show'

RV wrote:

Pfff wot a load of crap
2 words for the *******

Motor Bike

For my commute the mbike is about 10mins faster than cycling at a very
casual pace (riding hard I could probably...
Forum: Australia September 7th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By DaveB
car vs bike commuting on 'the car show'

Campag wrote:
The episode is up now, click linky to watchy.

http://www.thecarshow.com.au/web-tv-ep25.htm

And there was I wondering what ever happened to the proposed race with
GPLama....
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 05:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By DaveB
Us cyclists are terrorising the world riding over 10kph!

I had a good look at the photo in the Sun (yes I do buy it, mainly for
the crosswords). Looks like some typical Sun objective journalism. The
text is about evil cyclists flying through a crowded...
Forum: Australia September 3rd 07, 12:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By DaveB
Suicide wallabies

On 2007-09-02, Aeek (aka Bruce)
On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 21:30:43 +1000, TimC
Forum: Australia August 30th 07, 05:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By DaveB
Magpie map

DaveB wrote:

However I logged on to another account and can see the map but can't
update it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Found the GoogleMaps tutorial. Will see how I go.

DaveB
Forum: Australia August 30th 07, 05:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By DaveB
Magpie map

Following from the link cfsmtb posted, I started to setup a Google map
for killer magpie sitings.

http://tinyurl.com/ywclmm

However I logged on to another account and can see the map but can't...
Forum: Australia August 30th 07, 04:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By DaveB
Ouch! @#$%^ birds

cfsmtb wrote:
Travis Wrote:
I was about to suggest the same thing! A magpie map would be very
useful I think.

Pilfered this link from the bicigaga list:
http://tinyurl.com/2a3z85
Forum: Australia August 29th 07, 09:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By DaveB
Another bird story

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Rolled up to the servo with this bird on the bike, pity that was in
the days before cameras on mobile phones....

Zebee

My mbike was in for a service one day and...
Forum: Australia August 28th 07, 11:37 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveB
Magpies! Known swoopers??

JoeDe wrote:
On a Saturday couple of years ago, a maggie near the roundabout at Research
gave me a cut on the cheek and scared the crap out of me. The next morning
on a group ride through the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 424