Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Techniques April 26th 19, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
6700 crank

That is pretty much what I thought Andrew thanks confirmed by some others too.

Deacon Mark
Forum: Techniques April 26th 19, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
6700 crank

I would like to upgrade my 6700 to 8000. Keeping the current 6700 cracks saves alot and it is a Wilier so cranks match bike. Will 11 speed work fine with the 6700 cranks and shift fine?
Deacon Mark
Forum: Techniques March 10th 19, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 171
Posted By [email protected]
The death of rim brakes?

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 8:34:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I keep reading see all the bikes coming out and basically all disc brakes.. I cannot believe rim brakes are going to be gone...
Forum: Techniques March 10th 19, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 171
Posted By [email protected]
The death of rim brakes?

I keep reading see all the bikes coming out and basically all disc brakes. I cannot believe rim brakes are going to be gone but maybe I am just kidding myself. I frankly hate the disc brake look and...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 19, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Shimano Shifter cable set polymer with crazy number of ferrules

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:46:16 PM UTC-6, wrote:
So I use the Shimano polymer shifter set that includes a huge number of ferrules and asorted items to use depending on...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 19, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Shimano Shifter cable set polymer with crazy number of ferrules

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:46:16 PM UTC-6, wrote:
So I use the Shimano polymer shifter set that includes a huge number of ferrules and asorted items to use depending on...
Forum: Techniques February 26th 19, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Thermal Tights

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:00:25 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I bought a set of the Thermal tights off of Ebay. They were cheap Chinese but they aren't made for very cold weather like...
Forum: Techniques February 25th 19, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Shimano Shifter cable set polymer with crazy number of ferrules

So I use the Shimano polymer shifter set that includes a huge number of ferrules and asorted items to use depending on situation. Well my 6800 group shifts great almost by itself but the shifter...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 18, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 86
Posted By [email protected]
question about climbing

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 5:30:40 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 11:33:16 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I live in the flatlands and not a great...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 18, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 86
Posted By [email protected]
question about climbing

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 6:58:18 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 4:06:43 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:33:17 AM UTC-5, Duane...
Forum: Techniques July 24th 18, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 86
Posted By [email protected]
question about climbing

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:33:17 AM UTC-5, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
On 23/07/18 17:30, wrote:

Agreed. It was of course a...
Forum: Techniques July 22nd 18, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 86
Posted By [email protected]
question about climbing

I live in the flatlands and not a great climber but pretty solid rider. I have done some climbs according to various categories that are 3 and 4 rated. I got them ok on a 34-28 but not just easy. So...
Forum: Techniques June 3rd 18, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Any had the Greenlight PVP

Ok, age gets us and needed to have greenlight surgery on the prostate. It has manage to work so far now 4 weeks post op. I have been running and road my bike about 4 times doctor said I could just be...
Forum: Techniques March 27th 18, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Silent hubs

I have a shimano wheelset 16 20 that really ok ride fine after 4500 miles. Well the best thing about them is the freehub is dead silent. I have decided I really like that in wheels so want to build...
Forum: Techniques July 1st 17, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Should a cyclist carry a first kit?

So now rabbies shots did you think to check dog out by vet.

Deacon Mark
Forum: Techniques June 10th 17, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
17 years olds and priority

I am not going to fix them he can you are correct. Frankly he was is like me a runner first the bike is to get around. He just has what I only can dream........1:59 800 meter
Speed. That is faster...
Forum: Techniques June 10th 17, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
11 speed quick link

I have always used shimano 10 sp road chains with Wipperman Connex quick link. They work great allow easy taking off chain. Well I now have 11 spd Ultegra want to use a connex but they cost $25. SRAM...
Forum: Techniques June 9th 17, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
17 years olds and priority

Andrew you are dead no with the observation your friend said. Taking care of things is critical to all types of actives. I repair guitars and very $$$$ I might add. Regular easy to do maintenance and...
Forum: Techniques June 9th 17, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
17 years olds and priority

So my 17 year old's bike a cross bike is see in garage with wheels off and tire off rim. What Happen I ask him and he says tires popped? Ok where are the skewers. I don't know. Well go find them now...
Forum: Techniques April 18th 17, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Ok metal wizards

Could be a bike cable problem but actually a guitar string problem. In another life I repair guitars and play them. I hold a thought give I see this happen.

Guitar strings when new stretch out and...
Forum: Techniques April 4th 17, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Blowing tube descending

In the flatlands we never worry about this stuff but still seems unreal you could blow a tire by overheating the rims.

How long does the descent need to be and braking? I have taken a mile 5-9%...
Forum: Techniques April 2nd 17, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Habanero shows up curved stays

Took the bike out today first ride 47 miles 2 hours 45 minutes never unclipped felt rock solid. No noise in the frame, quietest bike I ever ride. In the only real small down hill I got up to 34 mph...
Forum: Techniques March 30th 17, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Habanero shows up curved stays

I wonder if Pros would ever ride Ti again. Just say no to sponsors or insist on steel or Ti bikes

Deacon Mark
Forum: Techniques March 30th 17, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 387
Posted By [email protected]
Habanero shows up curved stays

Ok my Habby shows up and beautiful Ti. I got the model with the curved stays as opposed to straight. I was surprised by the large curves in chain and seat stays. Looks great have not had a chance to...
Forum: Techniques March 25th 17, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
a cyclist's obituary

Live a long time for sure