Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: tadaniels
Forum: Unicycling October 12th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By tadaniels
Uni mag issue 6

Danny Colyer;1111441 wrote:
Among the NAUCC pictures on p18, the caption to one of them has me
wondering: Just how does a "parade competition" work?

From the 'February 2008 USA Competition...
Forum: Unicycling September 13th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 55
Posted By tadaniels
Top 10 Cities in the World for Unicycling

Based on the number of top world-class riders and overall contribution
to the growth and organization of the sport, any list of top unicycling
cities has to include Minneapolis - Saint Paul (USA) at...
Forum: Unicycling August 31st 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By tadaniels
monocycles at Beijing olympics

John,

johnfoss wrote:
I can't remember for sure, but I think the ones I've tried had
freewheels.

I remember folks (including you) trying out a monocycle in the hallways
Forum: Unicycling August 25th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By tadaniels
Monocycles during the Olympics closing.

We watched a repeat broadcast of the CBC's coverage of the closing
ceremony Sunday afternoon via our local cable system here in the
Seattle area. The show started with a long series of reviews and...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 08, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By tadaniels
UNICON XIV Results - Now online!!!

unicycledood wrote:
Why is everything called "artistic"?

I believe this is an artifact of the database application; it wants to
classify everything as either, "racing," or,...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 92
Posted By tadaniels
Future of Unicycle Road Racing (here's what I think; what do you think?)

siafirede wrote:
How does a world record apply to the marathon if it is held on the road
with variable terrain/elevation changes from year to year? Can't the
course change a lot from year to...
Forum: Unicycling August 5th 08, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By tadaniels
NAUCC 2008 results posted?

The people that have the database files containing the NAUCC 2008
results (most likely one of the Cotters) are almost certainly in
Denmark helping to run UNICON.

As John Foss said, it isn't a...
Forum: Unicycling July 18th 08, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By tadaniels
36" wheel

Your information block indicates you are from Georgia. If you are in the
Atlanta area, consider a trip to the Unicycle.com showroom. I'm sure
they would let you try a 36" uni.

--...
Forum: Unicycling July 9th 08, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By tadaniels
.MOI .MOD video types

manon1wheel wrote:

DV-PAL
DV-NTSC
DV-24P
HDV

*DV* denotes digital video.
Forum: Unicycling July 2nd 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By tadaniels
Anyone here a registered examiner for the IUF?

fairypenguin22 wrote:
I'd like to try and get my level 1 so I was wondering if there was
anyone here who could watch a video of me doing all the stuff and
officially give me the rank. I don't...
Forum: Unicycling June 27th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By tadaniels
IUF Membership

Pedro,

The IUF does not offer individual memberships. The membership cited in
the bylaws that are posted on the IUF's Web site is available to
national unicycling organizations.

Tom Daniels
IUF...
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 08, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By tadaniels
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

duaner wrote:
Ok, no one said it (far as I can see), so I will...

What the b*ke is the with the www.rideTheLobster.com website?

The race finished most of two days ago and still no posted...
Forum: Unicycling June 2nd 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By tadaniels
Coasting Competion

jamessd wrote:
Has anybody ever even coasted that far?

From the UNICON XIII results page: 1st Place in Track Coasting (Expert)
- Daiki Izumida, 154.10 meters (505.577 feet)

--
Forum: Unicycling April 17th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 136

forrestunifreak wrote:
I wonder if I'm still subscribed through the Unicycling Society of
America? They were doing this deal were they replaced On One Wheel with
UNI for awhile, but of course,...
Forum: Unicycling April 17th 08, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 117
Posted By tadaniels
Unicon 14 registration is open.

I did not receive the April newsletter via e-mail. I can, however, log
in to the forum.

As I recall, I had to create a second user name when the forum was
activated because it would not allow me to...
Forum: Unicycling March 13th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 117
Posted By tadaniels
Unicon 14 registration is open.

constance.cotter wrote:
sarah.miller asked:

No, you do not need to register Edward. Children up to 3 years old can
be included in Unicon events with their parent(s).

Connie
Forum: Unicycling March 1st 08, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By tadaniels
Naucc 2008?

Wheel Rider wrote:
Is there a contact email address for asking questions and requesting
information about NAUCC 2008? I did not find an email address on their
website.

From the last line on...
Forum: Unicycling February 25th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By tadaniels
NAUCC rules questions

The published USA competition rules are 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/252k).

I know that a revision to the rule book is pending, but I don't know
the schedule. The current published rules are a good...
Forum: Unicycling February 21st 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By tadaniels
UNICON XV: Wellington, New Zealand 2009/2010

I want to expand a bit on what John Foss said regarding decisions on
where to hold future UNICONs.

UNICONs are proposed, planned and ultimately run by local organizing
committees. I went through...
Forum: Unicycling January 30th 08, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By tadaniels
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

A friend in Eugene, Oregon, passed a 'link' (http://tinyurl.com/32w9p4)
on to me this morning. Many of you know Scott Arnold. He served many
years as Secretary of the Unicycling Society of...
Forum: Unicycling January 30th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By tadaniels
Dear Mister Loctite

madc-ccc wrote:
This one is just to give thanks to Mr. Robert Loctite (or whatever his
firstname is :) ).

That would be, "Thanks, Vern!" From http://www.loctite.com :

"More than 50 years...
Forum: Unicycling January 18th 08, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 136
Posted By tadaniels
Uni magazine issue 4

scotthue wrote:
so to verify, the USA is back to OWW and I will have to buy single
issues from UDC or Brian MacK?

I've just received the following information from USA President Wendy
Grzych:...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By tadaniels
N36 on 60 minutes

fatlardboy13 wrote:
I was watching this segment about Facebook on 60 minutes and at the
Facebook HQ there was a guy riding a Nimbus 36 in the background.:D
Did anyone else see this? Was I...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By tadaniels
Uni's in Salt Lake City

There are some tremendously dedicated riders in the greater SLC area,
including Rolf Thompson, organizer of the world famous Moab Munifest.

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 126
Posted By tadaniels
Unicon 14 Countdown!

Divebomber wrote:
Unicon has been going for 14 years? Wow! That's pretty cool!

UNICON was first held 24 years ago:

UNICON I (1984) - Syracuse, New York, USA
UNICON II (1986) - Uniondale, New...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62