Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: capuni
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By capuni
Evolution of Balance - Team Rollercoaster

Team Rollercoaster just set up a blog to document our upcoming
expedition to Panama. We've had some requests to see our 2008 grant
proposal. You can download a PDF version from our new blog.

Once...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By capuni
Pictures of your latest ride

From the Xmas Madness Mt. Bike race in Schenectady, NY 12/21/08. Photos
by Dave Krause.

|Filename:...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By capuni
Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

Whoa! That geared up downhill looked like a blast.

Nice vid. What kind of camera are you using?

--
capuni

My 'Ride The Lobster Photo Album'
(http://gallery.mac.com/perrywoodin#100208)
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By capuni
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

The slowest maintainable speed (on the road) is probably somewhere
around 8.5-9mph. Once you're rolling, you'll probably be up around
12-13mph in no time.

After you get comfortable spinning, you...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By capuni
Brand new broken Schlumpf

I sent the hub back to Florian last week, but I haven't heard anything
yet. Based on the pictures, he said it appears the large diameter
bearings had completely disintegrated.

I'll keep everybody...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By capuni
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

vincelemay;1144316 wrote:
So what's the results?

Roland - 4 laps
Brad - 3 laps (2nd place)
Steve - 3 laps (3rd place)
Perry - 3 laps
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By capuni
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

There was a kid with a camera documenting the race. The uni's got some
good film time.

Here's the YouTube link
YouTube - Giving
Thanks Schenectady Mountain Bike race

--
capuni
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By capuni
Pictures of your latest ride

steveyo;1141093 wrote:
Question is, did I make it over?

Here's the answer.

|Filename: IMG_9560.jpg ...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By capuni
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

steveyo;1139859 wrote:
OK, I'm in, too. Afraid I'll come in last, but I'm in.

You'll beat me for sure! Without my guni, I have a hard time keeping
up with you uber-jocks.

Looking forward to...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By capuni
Brand new broken Schlumpf

dangerdog;1138776 wrote:
looks like the bearing cage,it holds the ball bearings at even spaces
around the bearing,unusual to have that fault but my guess is it's an
easy fix if the bearing...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By capuni
Brand new broken Schlumpf

unibikeling;1138772 wrote:
i think something happened where your crank/framebearing might have
carved off a peice of metal off the side of the bearing. Maybe your
frame has a sharp inner edge...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By capuni
Brand new broken Schlumpf

Is it safe to assume I hold the record for the fastest hub break? I
built the wheel on the 20th and it was done for by the 24th.

--
capuni

My 'Ride The Lobster Photo...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By capuni
Brand new broken Schlumpf

I was just getting ready to go out for my 6th guni ride when I noticed a
squiggly piece of metal hanging off my hub. Upon close inspection, I
noticed visible ball bearings and then I began to weep. ...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By capuni
Mounting an HS33 on a T7

I just broke the lever casing on my HS33 after a lame-o upd.

Two questions:
1) Since I need to buy a new lever, any suggestions on an alternative?
2) Where do you mount your lever on the T7. I...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By capuni
Guni wheel-build question

corbin;1134275 wrote:
I *just* got my KH24 guni built up last night.

I built up a KH29 guni yesterday and took it for my first guni ride. I
zipped down (and I do mean zipped.... damn this thing...
Forum: Unicycling October 28th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By capuni
Impossible Wheel Door Handles

I was in Carmel, Indiana a few weeks ago and snapped these pics of some
impossible wheel door handles.

|Filename: IMG_0075.jpg ...
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By capuni
Emma Carlin or John Muir Trails (Palmyra, WI)

I'll be in Southeastern WI September 29th - October 1st. Anyone
interested in hooking up for a ride at Emma Carlin or John Muir? I
used to ride these trails about 15 years ago on a mt. bike. Since...
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By capuni
Yankee Springs SRA - Middleville, MI (any good?)

I'm going to be near Yankee Springs this Friday and was wondering if
anybody has ridden there. If so, what are the trails like? I'm trying
to decide if I should bring my 24 or 29.

If you're...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By capuni
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

Also on 'Gizmodo.com' (http://tinyurl.com/6a2hgu)

How's your server holding up ;)

I can't get over all of the press. Even my non-unicycle friends are
writing to ask if I knew about this.

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By capuni
A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Very nice Steve. Like you... I was bummed about not riding the full
100. As it turns out though... I successfully and unintentionally rode
my first metric century! I know I said I wouldn't do the...
Forum: Unicycling September 8th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By capuni
Century Ride of 9.7.08 (and massive UPD)

After the 1st rest stop, I never saw David again. And Andrew never sat
still long enough for me to get a photo ;)

So... here are some photos of me (Perry), Adam, Steve and...
Forum: Unicycling September 5th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By capuni
Riding in Amsterdam

rolandisimo wrote:
After a week of riding around I had the feeling I wasn't getting as warm
of a reception on the Uni as I'm used to in the States. It wasn't a
big difference I guess, but...
Forum: Unicycling September 2nd 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By capuni
Race to the Top of VT, unicyclist spotted

What a great photo! As usual... Geoff looks like he's barely working.
He just might be the East Coast hope to beat Roland's White Face
record.

--
capuni

My 'Ride The Lobster Photo...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 43
Posted By capuni
Biker wipes out while muni cruises on, and other highlights

MuniAddict wrote:
Or just upload to youtube then everyone can watch it. Simple.

Wow... you guys are impatient. Here is the YouTube version so that we
don't have to hear anymore about your...
Forum: Unicycling July 29th 08, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By capuni
Exploration Muni - The Long Path through Thacher Park, NY

steveyo wrote:
Roland once even said "*this is pretty tiring*." I've never heard him
say anything like that.

And I still haven't heard him say that. He must have confided this to
you when I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 63