Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 7.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: steveyo
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By steveyo
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I had a stoker-stem setup for my front bar before I had my "T" handle
made up. That stem is on Rolands guni now.

The problem w/you getting two is I don't think there will be room to
mount them both...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By steveyo
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

lpounds;1167303 wrote:
If it turns out that the current upright riding position is indeed
better for things like idling etc., is there a reason why there couldn't
be two seats?

This is a...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By steveyo
Evolution of Balance - Team Rollercoaster

Here's a (proposed) map of our route.

|Filename: Brad Map 4.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By steveyo
Munibar: The making of a Mountain Uni Handlebar

Corbin, prior to RTL, I copied 'Jim's (munivision) handle setup'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68474), and what
you've got there is a fair duplicate, up to a point.

Picture is...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By steveyo
Pictures of your latest ride

rolandisimo;1164597 wrote:
Caught a little bit of jungle single track today in Panama as I set up
some logistics for our upcoming Evolution of Balance ride ('more detail
at our blog here'...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By steveyo
"Where no MUni has gone before...."

Terry -
Darn good Shatner impression.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By steveyo
need hill climbing advice

dtecum;1159831 wrote:
It is much easier to go up a hill by going from side to side. Why bother
stressing out the legs and lungs. The first guy I ever saw on a uni went
from side to side and by...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By steveyo
Evolution of Balance - Team Rollercoaster

corbin;1159585 wrote:
...free jungle wifi.

:)

--
steveyo
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

MuniAddict;1157264 wrote:
Haha, that's what I figured -Steve-O-! I like your antics on Jackass
btw! ;) Although -I- won't be participating in the '09 contest, the
proposal that you guys...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By steveyo
Evolution of Balance Award 2009

MuniAddict;1157098 wrote:
Yeah right, lol! :rolleyes: And the actual pitch for the movie "Dark
Knight" was, "We need 350 million for a movie about a weird guy in clown
makeup. :p

Whatever you...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By steveyo
Evolution of Balance Award 2009

MuniAddict;1156832 wrote:
Lol, if you had described it that way in your original submission, you
probably would not have won!

We did, and we did.

--
steveyo
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By steveyo
Evolution of Balance Award 2009

rem48;1156677 wrote:
I too am looking forward to seeing some pics and videos when it is over.
Be safe. How long of a ride and how much time are you taking to do it?

It's probably 4 days of...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By steveyo
Evolution of Balance Award 2009

Yeah, we're leaving for the Panama expedition Jan-10-2009. I'm pretty
keyed up about it.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By steveyo
Are you 45+

TimeTraveler wrote:
I'm 45, and just started riding in October. I can go pretty far on a
flat floor and make turns (most of the time) but I'm still working on
freemounting

Welcome. It just...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By steveyo
Uni video made in France -- "The Silk Hill"

Wow - great filming & amazing riding!

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By steveyo
ultimate frisbee on uni

critter wrote:
I have done a lot of both but never together. Here's my suggestions on
the rules.:)3. How 'bout 5 seconds for the passing rule? I forget what
it is in the running version.

This...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By steveyo
Schlumpf hub setup discussion thread

siafirede;1151114 wrote:
Side to side jiggle may mean that your wheel is out of true. It also
may just feel like a side to side jiggle because the KH moment cranks
are so heavy and may be...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By steveyo
Schlumpf hub setup discussion thread

I'm spinning this thread off some comments in James' 'My new KH/Schlumpf
36!!!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74768)...
siafirede wrote:
...followed Florian's instructions of...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By steveyo
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

1. Roland - 4 laps
2. Brad - 3 laps
3. Steve - 3 laps
4. Perry - 3 laps

--
steveyo

steveyo
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By steveyo
Grrrr, stupid rolling unispins...getting no amusement, just frustration...ROARRRRRRR

peleschramm;1141158 wrote:
Don't practice things you don't enjoy practicing.

Eventually you will really want to learn them again, and can enjoy
practicing them.

This the key. Charlie...
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By steveyo
Pictures of your latest ride

Into the blue;1141122 wrote:
$5 says no.

Why so cynical?

capuni;1141124 wrote:
Here's the answer.
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By steveyo
Pictures of your latest ride

Here's a pic by Laura, Perry(capuni)'s wife, from yesterday's race in
Central Park, Schenectady, NY. Question is, did I make it...
Forum: Unicycling November 28th 08, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By steveyo
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

OK, I'm in, too. Afraid I'll come in last, but I'm in.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By steveyo
torque wrench advice

Now that I own a fancy hub (need 12Nm for one part), I'm going to get a
torque wrench.

What do y'all use?

--
steveyo

steveyo
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By steveyo
Guni wheel-build question

So I got my KH/Schlumpf hub today, and I've laced up all the spokes to
the rim following the Uni Magazine's instructions. (This is my first
wheel build, BTW).

I've tightened up all the spokes to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500