Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Larry Farrell
Forum: General May 2nd 08, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 62
Posted By Larry Farrell
Wal-Mart Italian Road Bike for $1198

Harry Brogan wrote:
On Thu, 1 May 2008 23:48:02 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

"SMS" wrote in message
Forum: General April 21st 08, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Larry Farrell
Your thoughts on MUSIC (speakers) on an organized ride?

Leo Lichtman wrote:
Saw a bike yesterday that had so much bulky electrical stuff on board that I
thought it was motorized. When I looked closer, I discovered that it was
all batteries, amp and...
Forum: General February 28th 08, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 484
Posted By Larry Farrell
Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

Nate Nagel wrote:
Larry Farrell wrote:
N8N wrote:

On Feb 27, 3:40 pm, Larry Farrell wrote:

N8N wrote:

On Feb 27, 3:25 pm, Larry Farrell...
Forum: General February 27th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc

N8N wrote:
On Feb 27, 3:40 pm, Larry Farrell wrote:
N8N wrote:
On Feb 27, 3:25 pm, Larry Farrell wrote:
N8N wrote:
[snip]
Why? If I hit...
Forum: General February 27th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc

N8N wrote:
On Feb 27, 3:25 pm, Larry Farrell wrote:
N8N wrote:

[snip]

Why? If I hit another car because the driver did something illegal,
or hit a...
Forum: General February 27th 08, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc

N8N wrote:
[snip]

Why? If I hit another car because the driver did something illegal,
or hit a cyclist because he did something illegal, I still hit
something. I'm still inconvenienced,...
Forum: General February 24th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry Farrell
Rude and dangerous?

The following link was posted in another newsgroup, specifically a
motorcycle group, with a comment about adrenaline generation without a
motor involved. While I found it be an interesting video,...
Forum: General February 18th 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry Farrell
getting new cables

Art Harris wrote:
Larry Farrell wrote:

1. See whether it is possible to reduce the amount of cable housing
used on you bike. The less there is, the less places there are for
rust/crud...
Forum: General February 18th 08, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry Farrell
getting new cables

Pat wrote:
My bike is 6 years old now with the same cables it came with (which are
houses inside of black tubing). I have been having some delayed shifting
and reluctant shifting lately, so...
Forum: General January 28th 08, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry Farrell
Fixing Handlebar Gear Shifter on a Fuji Hybrid Bicycle

C Yohman wrote:
Video of the problems- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIxx2qlt30w

Also, can anyone recommend a bicycle maintenance book? Thanks.

While it *may* be possible to fix your...
Forum: General October 14th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry Farrell
I can die now ...

Michael wrote:
... because now I have seen everything. Yesterday I was induced to peer out my
front window by the sound of two male voices and sporadic loud laughter, the
cacaphony moving up...
Forum: General October 5th 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry Farrell
What do football and politics have in common?

wrote:
http://piturca.blogspot.com/

A wide stance in one provides stability, a wide stance in the other
gets you arrested (although not removal from the Senate).

--
Larry...
Forum: UK September 6th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:
On Sep 6, 10:57 pm, POHB wrote:
On 6 Sep, 10:44, wrote:

www.ayup.com.auwill solve your...
Forum: General September 6th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Larry Farrell
Lights: LED vrs. Halogen?

wrote:
On Sep 6, 10:57 pm, POHB wrote:
On 6 Sep, 10:44, wrote:

www.ayup.com.auwill solve your...
Forum: General May 3rd 07, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 243
Posted By Larry Farrell
Cyclist Road Rage

wrote:
Pat wrote:
No, the cyclists are asserting they are right--they are asserting
they are equal in the law's eyes to you as you drive in a car. You
are trying to ...
Forum: General April 25th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 55
Posted By Larry Farrell
Does Anybody Else Display a Message?

amakyonin wrote:
[snip]

His assertion of being "oil free" is questionable since he is
obviously participating in our modern world and thereby making use of
a substantial amount of petroleum...
Forum: General April 18th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Larry Farrell
Sublimated

Bill Sornson wrote:
Larry Farrell wrote:

My chemist friends tell me that a burrito is a perfect example of
sublimation.

Before or after it's eaten?

Forum: General April 18th 07, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Larry Farrell
Sublimated

Leo Lichtman wrote:
The definition of "sublimation" has to do with the way a solid evaporates.
If the material goes from solid to vapor, without going through a liquid
phase, that's...
Forum: General April 18th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Larry Farrell
Sublimated

wrote:
So I was browsing the fat cyclist recently (cause someone posted a
link to it on here recently) and I came across the bit where he has
jerseys coming out...
Forum: General March 9th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Larry Farrell
tires

wrote:
what size tires does a 10 speed bicycle take.

Look on the sidewalls of the tires that are on the bike. They will
tell you directly (27 x 1, 27 X 1 1/4, or...
Forum: General February 16th 07, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry Farrell
squirrel menace - not just through the front wheel spokes anymore

On 2007-02-16, D Wells wrote:
On 16 Feb 2007 07:22:32 -0800, "bdbafh" wrote:

Forum: General December 11th 06, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry Farrell
DNA & Miracle cures

wrote:
DNA & Miracle cures

All DNA is made up from a previously existing DNA which splits up and
rebuilds its required component parts to reform a new born...
Forum: General October 31st 06, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Larry Farrell
2007 Redline 925 first impressions

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Larry Farrell wrote:

landotter wrote:

Paul Hobson wrote:
Forum: Techniques October 31st 06, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Larry Farrell
2007 Redline 925 first impressions

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Larry Farrell wrote:

landotter wrote:

Paul Hobson wrote:
Forum: Techniques October 30th 06, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Larry Farrell
2007 Redline 925 first impressions

landotter wrote:
Paul Hobson wrote:

Reading my mind, Paul, I was just thinking that when sitting in traffic
a bit ago. I saw this on the now defunct momovelo.com site. Looks
really...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29