Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian
Forum: General December 15th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian
Lessons not to be learned

wrote in message
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-bikers12-2008dec12,0,147065.story

I've met a guy like...
Forum: General September 26th 08, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian
Virtual Cycling

"Cadseen" wrote in message
Try virtual Cycling

http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com

Cadseen

wow...who would have thought...
Forum: Social Issues August 13th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Replies: 34
Posted By Brian
Econut's avoidance of the truth

snip

Hikers are more likely to spend the night in wildlife habitat, cook
meals in wildlife habitat, go off-trail in wildlife habitat, litter in
wildlife habitat, defecate in wildlife habitat,...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 13th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Replies: 37
Posted By Brian
Econut's avoidance of the truth

snip

Hikers are more likely to spend the night in wildlife habitat, cook
meals in wildlife habitat, go off-trail in wildlife habitat, litter in
wildlife habitat, defecate in wildlife habitat,...
Forum: Social Issues May 21st 08, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian
Oh...if only.

Java's post on strange bikes got me thinking.

SBK engineering in Italy came out with this gizmo about 10 years ago.

They *had* a US website up, but the domain name is now up for grabs...
Forum: Social Issues May 3rd 08, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian
Lids

The old affliction seems to be flaring up again...Helmet Flame Fever.

Yeah, I wear a lid...

I commute before 6 AM ... a helmet is a good place to mount a headlight
(front side) and a blinkie (back...
Forum: General March 31st 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian
Brilliant cycling awareness safety video

"Matt O'Toole" wrote in message
I just found (and posted) this brilliant cycling awareness safety
video, from...
Forum: General September 23rd 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Brian
Landis found guilty of doping

"Michael Warner" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:21:44 -0700, Brian wrote:

The original screening test was found...
Forum: General September 21st 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Brian
Landis found guilty of doping

Lemme see if I got this straight...

The original screening test was found to be "improper" and its result was
thrown out...but the 2nd "confirmation" test result was upheld despite the
fact that...
Forum: General July 7th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Brian
Roadside finds

Who(m) here has found a cellphone by the roadside? How l337? Did you get
the phone back to its owner?

B.
Forum: General June 29th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 80
Posted By Brian
Judging cyclists by their appearance

What, no *commuter* classification?

(appropriate name? "Slogger" perhaps?)

Dudes, Freds, or Poseurs...we all in this together, peeps.

B.
Forum: General June 28th 07, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian
today must be Massive Bike Failure Day

"Ben Pfaff" wrote in message
On my way home, a few hundred yards from the office, I managed to
get my shoelace stuck in the chain. ...
Forum: General June 17th 07, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian
Cycle Cinema, bike training stands wanted!

Are you *certain* you're not just trying to re-enact "The Triplets of
Belleville"?

B.
Forum: General May 14th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian
Heeeere's Bender!

From: "Brian"
Subject: Heeeere's Bender!
Date: Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:21 PM

In a previous "ramble, rant, groan, whine" (on bc.cycling)...I mentioned I
was building
another...
Forum: General May 10th 07, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Brian
Assault of bicyclist caught on video

"Ben Kaufman" wrote in message
" It was supposed to be a class project on public spaces in Toronto....
Forum: General February 6th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian
waterproof gloves

"Pat Lamb" wrote in message
I've got a few pairs; two lobsters for cold weather, but it wasn't that
cold this morning, so I...
Forum: General December 23rd 06, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian
Bicycle Lift! Check it out

"rms" wrote in message
Any gimmick that encourages more riders is good by me:
Forum: General December 11th 06, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian
DNA & Miracle cures

Hiya tom!

I think whatsisname was looking for "rec.mad.as.a.bicycle.misc" and got a
little off track...

PS: been 'round to HBC lately? They're having the employee luncheon friday.
(that is,...
Forum: General November 11th 06, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian
Crank it up...

Crankarm length:

Longer? Shorter? Benefits or problems associated with each?

Discuss.
Forum: General October 21st 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian
SideWinder (EZPAK): cheap foldable bike of the century

Why does that look soooo much like a 20-year-old Dahon??
Forum: Techniques October 21st 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian
SideWinder (EZPAK): cheap foldable bike of the century

Why does that look soooo much like a 20-year-old Dahon??
Forum: Rides October 21st 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian
SideWinder (EZPAK): cheap foldable bike of the century

Why does that look soooo much like a 20-year-old Dahon??
Forum: Marketplace October 21st 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace