Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: OccasionalFlyer
Forum: Racing September 23rd 18, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Vuelta vs. the Tour

I keep seeing that the TdF is treated as the best stage race each year. There is no way that the TdF requires as much as the Vuelta a Espana. I remember hearing Phil Liggett commenting on how hard a...
Forum: Racing September 23rd 18, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Vuelta a Espana "theme song"

Can someone tell me the name of he song that was allways played for Vuelta stages? How about a translation? At first I thgouht that it was only an NBC Sports thing but then it sounded like it was...
Forum: Techniques August 28th 14, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Road bike helmets vs. mountain bike helmets

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:30:10 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/27/2014 12:00 AM, OccasionalFlyer wrote: In shopping for a new helmet, it appears to me that the only real difference...
Forum: Techniques August 27th 14, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Road bike helmets vs. mountain bike helmets

In shopping for a new helmet, it appears to me that the only real difference between a road bike helmet and a mountain bike helmet is that the latter has a visor/brim. That seems odd to me.

I...
Forum: Racing May 9th 14, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
2014 Giro U.S. television coverage

Although a search of this group turned up nothing, surely the subject of getting Giro coverage in the U.S. has come up. I've spent a bunch of time looking for real coverage of the Giro, but not...
Forum: Racing April 28th 13, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
I'm sure this has been talked all about but I can't find the

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:07:48 AM UTC-7, Anton Berlin wrote:
There are no winners for those years. Everyone was doping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_France

Thanks. If...
Forum: Racing April 27th 13, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
2013 Giro Broadcast

I'm having trouble finding any cable station that says it is covering the Giro d'Italia, at least in the U.S. Can anyone shed some light on this? I saw one web site that looks like I could...
Forum: Racing April 27th 13, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
I'm sure this has been talked all about but I can't find the right

I tried searching the group posts before asking this but I kept hitting things that really didn't address my questions.
1. I assume that by now, not only has Lance lost all of his yellow jerseys but...
Forum: Techniques February 12th 13, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Mat for indoor trainer

Thanks for all this input. The tile in our condo is on a concrete slab but I hadn't thought about load on the tiles. I was only thinking of protecting those from being scratched or something. This...
Forum: Techniques February 11th 13, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Mat for indoor trainer

For riding indoors on a trainer, does the mat underneath make a difference? I can buy a fairly cheap rubber mat that is basically a runner that one would put on carpet, or a more expensive one that...
Forum: Techniques February 11th 13, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Effect on bike frame of a trainer that holds the frame

I purchased a Lemond trainer (I know--expensive) that requires the removal of my rear wheel. The only bike I have that will fit on it, according to the LBS where I purchased it, is one that can use...
Forum: Techniques September 10th 12, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Chain-lubing technique

On Sep 3, 11:16*pm, James wrote:
On 04/09/12 16:01, OccasionalFlyer wrote:

* *I've been lubing my chain and cogs (more or less) for many years..
It's...
Forum: Techniques September 4th 12, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Chain-lubing technique

I've been lubing my chain and cogs (more or less) for many years.
It's time to do this for the first time on my current road bike. I
usually use spray citrus degreaser and spray Tri-Flow. I want...
Forum: Techniques August 4th 12, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Road Pedal Question

On Aug 4, 9:47*am, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 8/4/2012 11:59 AM, Art Harris wrote:

OccasionalFlyer wrote:
I've decided it's time for a new pair of pedals. I put 22-year...
Forum: Techniques August 4th 12, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Road Pedal Question

On Aug 3, 6:48*pm, "Mark J." wrote:
On 8/3/2012 4:23 PM, Hank wrote:

Squeaking Look pedals may just be worn-out cleats. New ones are $20 a set,
cheaper than...
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 12, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Road Pedal Question

I've decided it's time for a new pair of pedals. I put 22-year old
Look pedals I don't use normally anymore on a basically new bike (I
don't care what rationale they use--an expensive road bike...
Forum: Racing May 18th 12, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Tour of California Stage 7 Route

Stage 7 of the Tour of California goes through Glendora this year,
as it did last year. Last year, the race went through the downown/
business area, with a sprint line on Glendora Ave. . From...
Forum: Techniques December 31st 11, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Head Tube Length

On Dec 30, 2:43*am, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:30:02 -0800 (PST), OccasionalFlyer

wrote:
On Dec 29, 1:39*pm,...
Forum: Techniques December 31st 11, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Head Tube Length

On Dec 29, 6:43*pm, " wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:30*pm, OccasionalFlyer wrote:

On Dec 29, 1:39*pm, "...
Forum: Techniques December 31st 11, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Head Tube Length

On Dec 29, 5:58*pm, AMuzi wrote:
OccasionalFlyer wrote:
On Dec 29, 1:39 pm, " wrote:
On Dec 29, 12:19 pm, OccasionalFlyer...
Forum: Techniques December 30th 11, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Head Tube Length

On Dec 29, 1:39*pm, " wrote:
On Dec 29, 12:19*pm, OccasionalFlyer wrote:

* *In looking at some road bikes, including a Trek...
Forum: Techniques December 29th 11, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Head Tube Length

In looking at some road bikes, including a Trek Cronus, reviews
have noted that the Cronus has a longer head tube. I'm wondering what
the overall effect of that is. I assume it pretty much forces a...
Forum: Techniques December 27th 11, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 144
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Road bike fit

On Dec 23, 2:59*pm, " wrote:
On Dec 23, 3:39*pm, OccasionalFlyer wrote:

Wow, I had no idea I'd get so much info. Thanks...
Forum: Techniques December 27th 11, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 144
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Road bike fit

On Dec 23, 8:18*am, " wrote:
On Dec 22, 6:54*pm, James wrote:

I can comfortably squat where my knees are at such an acute...
Forum: Techniques December 26th 11, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 144
Posted By OccasionalFlyer
Road bike fit

On Dec 25, 12:02*pm, damyth wrote:
On 12/24/2011 12:01 AM, OccasionalFlyer wrote:

On Dec 18, 7:22 am, *wrote:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40