Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.63 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hands Of Stone
Forum: Techniques February 20th 09, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Shifting Options for 7402 Rear D?

Can anyone suggest any other shifting options if I want to stick with
a Dura-Ace 7402 (8 speed) rear derailleur? Or have I covered them
all? Take a look at my project bike...
Forum: Techniques February 13th 09, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Curious about Columbus SLX and Gilco steel tubes

On Feb 12, 5:36*pm, Scott Gordo wrote:
Anybody know of a photo of cross-sections of these tubes I could see
online? Maybe an article that describes the processes used for...
Forum: Techniques February 3rd 09, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Hands Of Stone
bottom bracket cable guide

On Feb 2, 1:23*pm, wrote:
On Feb 2, 3:58*pm, "Neal" wrote:

I have a older Gios that has been upgraded to Ergo. The frame has the metal
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 09, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Wheel building - spoke length

On Jan 22, 10:07*am, A Muzi wrote:
Dee Yeah wrote:
I am about to build a pair of wheels using Novatec hubs (751SB front, 082SB
Rear, both 36 holes), Mavic...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 09, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jan 21, 8:07*pm, A Muzi wrote:
Dee Yeah wrote:
I am about to build a pair of wheels using Novatec hubs (751SB front, 082SB
Rear, both 36 holes), Mavic XM317...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 09, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Shimano STI Lever Body Compatibility

On Jan 21, 1:44*pm, bfd wrote:
On Jan 21, 1:14*pm, Hands Of Stone wrote:

I was thinking of modifying one to allow for the Sora button.

Here is...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 09, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Shimano STI Lever Body Compatibility

I was thinking of modifying one to allow for the Sora button.
Forum: Techniques January 21st 09, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Hands Of Stone
90's Weird Small Part Challenge

I hear what you're saying, but there's something in me that balks at
tossing out or shelving a part that is relatively NOS, and is still a
quality part. If I can get it to work, and I can get quite...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 09, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Hands Of Stone
90's Weird Small Part Challenge

I bought this small part in the 90's when I was going to to use 600
Ultegra brifters with a Dura-Ace rear derailleur. As both were 8
speed components, they were normally not compatible (due to the...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 09, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Shimano STI Lever Body Compatibility

I bailed this winter and cracked the right lever body on my 8 speed
Sora STI brifter. The mechanism still works fine, so I'm trying to
salvage the brifter. Does anyone know if the lever bodies...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Fixed gear conversion questions

Man - a 753 fixie - that's going to be a sweet little ride.

On Dec 14, 6:20*pm, landotter wrote:
On Dec 14, 8:01*pm, "Paul M. Hobson" wrote:

Forum: Techniques December 5th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Mixing cogs from different cassettes

My cassette is Shimano and and uses screw pins that can be removed
with a tiny hex key.

On Dec 4, 8:28*am, "Clive George" wrote:
"landotter" wrote...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 08, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Best Anti-Seize Compound for Freewheels?

For freewheel mounting ONLY, I used to use MolySlip, a Molybdenum
Disulfide-based auto grease into which I mixed graphite powder. The
reasoning was that if the grease washed out or broke down due...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Mixing cogs from different cassettes

Check the cassette pins - some of them are actually threaded pins that
unscrew off from the largest cog side with a hex key - this means
mixing cogs is not only fun, but easy!

On Dec 3, 7:49*am,...
Forum: Techniques November 28th 08, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Replacement hoods for Sora STI

Hey thanks! They seem like a good source.

On Nov 27, 4:09*am, Ozark Bicycle
wrote:
On Nov 24, 9:20 pm, Hands Of Stone wrote:

Forum: Techniques November 27th 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Replacement hoods for Sora STI

So it looks like the Sora hoods are the only ones to fit the Sora STI
levers - wonder why Shimano didn't make all brifters (at least of the
same year) compatible in terms of the hoods?

On Nov 25,...
Forum: Techniques November 25th 08, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Replacement hoods for Sora STI

Trying to find replacement hoods for my Sora STI levers without much
success. Anyone familiar with hood compatibility within the Shimano
STI road levers? (I only really need the right, but I guess...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 08, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Sora replacement parts

On Oct 8, 8:36*am, Hank wrote:
On Oct 8, 4:16*am, Hands Of Stone wrote:

On Sep 19, 5:37*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
Forum: Techniques October 8th 08, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Sora replacement parts

On Sep 19, 5:37*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:
On Sep 19, 4:22*am, Hands Of Stone wrote:

This is probably in the realm of wishful thinking, but...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Sora replacement parts

This is probably in the realm of wishful thinking, but I have a broken
lever body from my Sora 8-speed STI shifter (right hand side); the
shifting mechanism itself works perfectly fine. Is a...
Forum: Techniques March 26th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Cup & Cone Bottom Brackets - Any Sources?

On Mar 25, 3:56*pm, datakoll wrote:
.

YEAH GET THE CARTRIDGE ride like Allworth
take a look at the winter sale items-terramar *balaclava and mid
weight Nbar tights a...
Forum: Techniques March 26th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Cup & Cone Bottom Brackets - Any Sources?

On Mar 25, 6:09*am, landotter wrote:
On Mar 25, 6:29*am, Hands Of Stone wrote:

I am looking for a source for high-quality conventional cup & cone...
Forum: Techniques March 25th 08, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Cup & Cone Bottom Brackets - Any Sources?

I am looking for a source for high-quality conventional cup & cone BBs
(JIS square taper). Ritchey used to still make some but they are no
longer shown on his site. Any ideas?
Forum: Techniques March 25th 08, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Time Road Pedals - Why The Changes?

On Mar 23, 8:04*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Andrew Muzi wrote:
On Mar 20, 1:34 pm, Hands Of Stone wrote:
I have always use Time...
Forum: Techniques March 23rd 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Hands Of Stone
Time Road Pedals - Why The Changes?

On Mar 20, 1:34*pm, Hands Of Stone wrote:
I have always use Time clipless road pedals and have had several sets
of them. *My old ones still work fine, but I am getting a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26