Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Duncan
Forum: Mountain Biking March 26th 10, 08:19 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 9
Posted By Duncan
Top mountain biker dies

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
Australian James Williamson, the 26-year-old editor of the Australian
Enduro mountain bike magazine,...
Forum: Techniques April 30th 09, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Duncan
Drag force

"Dieter Britz" wrote in message
It seems to be assumed that the drag force on a cyclist due to the speed
is proportional to velocity...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Duncan
RST #541: Why does the stem stick out forward?

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
Really Stupid Question No. 541:
Why does the stem stick out...
Forum: Techniques November 28th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Duncan
Better Freehubs than Shimano XT for Free Ride MTB

"HKEK" wrote in message
I now know why they say "Shimano hubs are single-use throw-aways". I
have...
Forum: Techniques November 27th 08, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Duncan
American Classic Seatpost Failure

"Gennaro" wrote in message
"Duncan" ha scritto...

[...]
Just as an extra data point, I've had three bolts snap on an...
Forum: Techniques November 26th 08, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Duncan
American Classic Seatpost Failure

wrote in message
The American Classic seatpost hardware failed on my road bike. More
Forum: Techniques June 25th 08, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Duncan
How to Remove a SRAM link

"Davy" wrote in message
My cycle has a SRAM chain with a removable link. Can
anyone advise on...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 29th 08, 01:19 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 1
Posted By Duncan
Lake Tahoe and Utah trail questions

Hello again,
Thanks for the replies to my previous post about trails between San Fran and
Vegas. My trip is evolving a bit and it looks like I might going via Lake
Tahoe / Downieville. I've spent...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 6th 08, 12:50 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By Duncan
Good trails betwixt San Fran and Las Vegas

Hello,
Not sure who's still reading here but thought I'd give it a crack.
I'm planning a trip to the Single Speed Worlds in Napa this August and it
almost coincides with a friends trip...
Forum: Australia December 3rd 07, 12:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By Duncan
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message

But the anti-CM numbers seem to be growing. Soon they'll have critical
mass.

I've always amused myself with the idea of forming an...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 07, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Duncan
PC-1 chain junk, or is it my sprocket?

"landotter" wrote in message
Maybe 3K on this drivetrain, fixed gear. Measured chain yesterday,
there was 1/16"...
Forum: Australia September 11th 07, 12:22 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Duncan
Rebuilding Pedals

"Bob C" patnbob@unwired wrote in message
A kind soul gave me a pair of PD-M540 Mountain Bike Pedals. I'd like to
rebuild them to remove the...
Forum: Techniques August 8th 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 180
Posted By Duncan
I don't understand - what is this for?

"Doug Taylor" wrote in message

A fixie mountain bike does sound fairly insane, sort of an ego trip
for bored muscle...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 8th 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 184
Posted By Duncan
I don't understand - what is this for?

"Doug Taylor" wrote in message

A fixie mountain bike does sound fairly insane, sort of an ego trip
for bored muscle...
Forum: General August 8th 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 181
Posted By Duncan
I don't understand - what is this for?

"Doug Taylor" wrote in message

A fixie mountain bike does sound fairly insane, sort of an ego trip
for bored muscle...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 14th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By Duncan
truing stand

"daddy" wrote in message
I'd like to try building my own wheel sets. Maybe start off easy with
"adjusting" existing wheel sets,...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 12th 07, 12:46 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By Duncan
Dual control brake/shifters

"Mamba" wrote in message
Wondering about the merits or problems with these units. Tested a set on
a Scalpel I demoed a couple of...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 22nd 07, 01:09 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By Duncan
Back on the horse

Hello,
Some of you may remember my ill-fated attempt to race a fixey solo in an MTB
enduro. Well last Sunday I got to have another crack at it with slightly
better results.
I'm still running the...
Forum: Techniques May 18th 07, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By Duncan
Shimano debunk Rohloff chain-measuring tool.

"Thomas Hood" wrote in message
Couldn't find this mentioned on google groups, so I assume no one has
Forum: Social Issues May 14th 07, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By Duncan
900 hikers killed in Yosemite

"?Slack" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:47:50 -0700, John Muir wrote:

See: ...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 14th 07, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike

"?Slack" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:47:50 -0700, John Muir wrote:

See: ...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 14th 07, 01:30 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By Duncan
FAFF

"G.T." wrote in message
Well, I have to add another danger to the list of fixed gear drawbacks
that was posted on r.b.t. ...
Forum: Australia May 13th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan
26" inch city tyre recommendations?

"Jules" wrote in message
My Conti sport contacts have worn down to the belts, so I think it's time
for some newies...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 11th 07, 03:09 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By Duncan
RR: Easter carnage

"Scott Gordo" wrote in message
They say you're decended from Brit inmates, but this sounds like the
work of Vikings and Huns (though all the pillaging was on your own
Forum: Mountain Biking April 10th 07, 11:59 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By Duncan
RR: Easter carnage

Hello,
I'd written the following on a local list I'm on and thought I'd share it
here. I had my first crack at solo in an 8 hour enduro and it didn't quite
go to plan....

"
The day started quite...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29