Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Fennell
Forum: Racing January 17th 08, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Fennell
Tour of America? Going to happen?

Hell And High Water wrote:
What's your opinion? Think this will happen or not?

Only in cycling would something so ill conceived and ridiculously
out-of-touch get the attention that this thing...
Forum: Racing January 17th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark Fennell
The 401 Debit Card Scam

Davey Crockett wrote:
Borrowing against your nest egg is becoming as easy as stopping at an
ATM.

But you might have to sleep in the street when you retire
snip

This is bad to be sure, but...
Forum: Racing January 17th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 295
Posted By Mark Fennell
OT Is anyone really surprised?

Donald Munro wrote:
William Asher wrote:
snip
It is standard practice, apparently, for researchers to do the work
first and then get paid afterwards so DARPA is probably waiting for...
Forum: Racing January 16th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 295
Posted By Mark Fennell
OT Is anyone really surprised?

William Asher wrote:
Robert said:
People would like you better if you told them what they want to hear.
Just
in case you care.

That sounds familiar. Is that another one of...
Forum: Racing January 16th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

William Asher wrote:
snip
It is standard practice, apparently, for researchers to do the work first
and then get paid afterwards so DARPA is probably waiting for Tom to
finish
the internet...
Forum: Racing January 15th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 295
Posted By Mark Fennell
OT Is anyone really surprised?

Bob Schwartz wrote:
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/schwartzpursuit.png

Only left turns. And obviously faked, since it clearly
isn't possible to accelerate while simultaneously cutting
Forum: Racing January 15th 08, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 295
Posted By Mark Fennell
OT Is anyone really surprised?

William Asher wrote:
Mark Fennell wrote:
William Asher wrote:
snip
What doesn't happen is DARPA, for instance, comes to an institution
and says: "Work for a year on this and then...
Forum: Racing January 15th 08, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 295
Posted By Mark Fennell
OT Is anyone really surprised?

Donald Munro wrote:

And research business funded by greg is downright tender.

Not tender today... I'm out the door for a set of VO2Max (vomit) intervals
with Chris Walker. But despite how...
Forum: Racing January 15th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

William Asher wrote:
snip
What doesn't happen is DARPA, for instance, comes to an institution and
says: "Work for a year on this and then bill us at the end of the year.
We promise we will...
Forum: Racing January 14th 08, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Mark Fennell
OT Totally but might be interesting here. ::POLITICS::

Howard Kveck wrote:
TK said:
Think of it this way - California intends to put radio controlled utility
meters on ALL houses and then turn your gas and electricity off if they
think you're...
Forum: Racing January 14th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Fennell
don't have much opinion, but maybe some of you dvmbax3s do

bjw wrote:
snip
This is an example of the
First Law of Masters Racing Thermodynamics: No matter
what you do, someone is going to complain.

Those that complain about letting the more serious...
Forum: Racing January 8th 08, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark Fennell
Reading assignment for Magilla and Bob

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/A_question_for_Dr._Coggan_P1616981/

....or if the above doesn't wrap right,

http://tinyurl.com/2d6338
Forum: Racing January 8th 08, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 75
Posted By Mark Fennell
The Kloden case...Bruynel preparing something ?...

Howard Kveck wrote:
Who ran the Chevrolet-LA Sheriff's team, btw?

Dave Lettieri
Forum: Racing January 5th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By Mark Fennell
Ryan-What was the result?

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'm going to go watch the Six Day at the Burnaby Velodrome tonight.
Madisons, baby!

Are those crazy Symmetrics canucks still...
Forum: Racing December 20th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Mark Fennell
Cross!

Donald Munro wrote:

There must be a future for cyclocross as a contact sport.

Sadly yes... http://youtube.com/watch?v=32q1oJtNDrQ
Forum: Racing December 20th 07, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Mark Fennell
Cross!

Mark Fennell wrote:
I'm 6'8" and I just bunnyhop all the barriers, and most of my competitors
too.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
I'm 6'10" and aren't there easier and more efficient ways of passing...
Forum: Racing December 20th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Mark Fennell
Cross!

TK wrote:
I'm 6'4" tall and I had a lot of trouble doing the dismount...

webhead wrote:
I'm 6'6" and maybe I could experience these problems as well...

I'm 6'8" and I just bunnyhop all the...
Forum: Racing December 10th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By Mark Fennell
$10,000 prize list only 10 riders registered?

Matt C wrote:
https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/Registrants.aspx?item_id=2009

This race was yesterday. I saw the first ~100 laps and the final 50-60 laps.
Pretty exciting race, ...well, as...
Forum: Racing December 8th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 143
Posted By Mark Fennell
Best way to measure Watts-

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
My pet primates are a very diverse group!

Greg, is this a good time to discuss my raise? I'd like to buy an SRM for my
three-hour training rides that you so kindly...
Forum: Racing December 5th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 65
Posted By Mark Fennell
Throwing down the gauntlet

MagillaGorilla pontificated:
Unless you are making money from racing or you are under 25 years of age,
you will find no worthwhile motivational speech from me to race your bike.
That's why...
Forum: Racing December 2nd 07, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 30
Posted By Mark Fennell
About indoor training

webhead wrote:
So, how do you people manage? Does anyone spend 3 hours on their
trainer doing long low intensity rides ?

Rollers. Perfect for entertaining yourself.

For example, see my stupid...
Forum: Racing December 1st 07, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 104
Posted By Mark Fennell
greg lemond theory

MagillaGorilla wrote:
LeMond only tape recorded the phone call because Lance and his clique were
trying to ruin his bike business with Trek and spread bad rumors about
him. Under these...

Matt C wrote:
https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/Registrants.aspx?item_id=2009

This will be a nice pay-day for Cody.

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com
Forum: Racing November 13th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 23
Posted By Mark Fennell
epic stage 3 in TOC

Dan Connelly wrote:
stage 3: serious upgrade from last year:

Hamilton from the backside. Wow!

It's too bad about that long run-in, but the addition of a second 1st
category
climb...
Forum: Racing November 1st 07, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark Fennell
Update

Stu Fleming wrote:
I'm riding again. It's been nearly 3 years (and 16kg extra).

I've been itching to start again for a while, but the final spur was
seeing our son turning the pedals on his...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 108