Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: munimag
Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By munimag
Unicycling to the Inauguration

Anyone planning to ride into DC on Tuesday should be aware that no
wheeled vehicles (bikes, unicycles, strollers, etc.) will be allowed
along the Mall or within the security perimeter. Apparently...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By munimag
Unicycling to the Inauguration

I thought about going but I don't feel like dealing with the crowds. I
am not working that day so I'll do a muni ride in Black Hills Park in
Germantown. If anyone wants to join me let me know.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 08, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By munimag
Pictures of your latest ride

Why longer cranks?

--
munimag
munimag's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16425
Replies: 235
Posted By munimag
Pictures of your latest ride

Sea Gull Century last month. 100 mile loop from Salisbury, Maryland.

|Filename: seagull.jpg ...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By munimag
My son's unicycling debut on the Oprah Show

Yes, that's what he submitted. They will only show a small portion of
it on the show. I know for a lot of the guys here it may not look like
much but he is just starting out. This video was filmed...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By munimag
My son's unicycling debut on the Oprah Show

I can record it and post it online.

--
munimag
munimag's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16425
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By munimag
My son's unicycling debut on the Oprah Show

A few weeks ago my 11 year old son Andrew found out about a talent
search that the Oprah Show was doing for a show about talented kids. He
sent in a video he put together of himself riding his new...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By munimag
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Steveyo - yes, thanks for the follow up. He was a nice guy. I met so
many people I just couldn't remember all their names.

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By munimag
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

I felt great. No joint or muscle soreness or pain. The only
discomfort I had at times was saddle soreness. The worst was around 40
miles. I had my doubts about whether I could make it another...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By munimag
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

I rode 100 miles yesterday on my ungeared Nimbus 36 in the Seagull
Century in Maryland. There were 6,400 bikes registered for the event.
I was the only unicyclist. The roads were great and it was...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 108
Posted By munimag
Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

I rode 100 miles yesterday on my Nimbus 36 in the Seagull Century
beginning and ending in Salisbury, MD. It was a lot of fun. There were
6400 bikes registered for the ride. I was the only...
Forum: Unicycling September 28th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By munimag
11 or 12 year old riders

Nice job little mag. Awesome progress!

--
munimag
munimag's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16425
View this...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By munimag
Nightrider Ti Is there a proper tread direction?

I was told by UDC that it is directional to allow for channeling of
water. I'm not sure which way is correct.

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By munimag
Listing to the left on coker

I had a similar problem of having to lean to the left when riding on the
right side of a crowned road. I discovered that if I rode on the left
side of the road where the road sloped to the left I...
Forum: Unicycling September 9th 08, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By munimag
Washington DC Riders

Here is a web address for some information on the Schaeffer Farm trails:

http://tinyurl.com/6qvdc9

And here is a web address for some information on the Black...
Forum: Unicycling September 9th 08, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By munimag
Washington DC Riders

Black Hills Park borders Germantown. There are trails right behind my
house in Germantown that lead up into the park. The trails there are
hillier and rockier than Schaeffer Farms but I think more...
Forum: Unicycling September 6th 08, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By munimag
Washington DC Riders

I live in Germantown, MD which is about a 40 minute drive from downtown
DC. There are some really nice muni trails out here. If you have a
car and want to head out here on the afternoon of the 6th...
Forum: Unicycling June 23rd 08, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By munimag
RTL: Ranking for non-geared teams

Has anyone done a ranking of the final standings for non-geared teams?

--
munimag
munimag's Profile:...

There is a rider from Virginia that started out today from Pittsburgh on
that trail. He will ride to Cumberland and then follow the C&O Canal
towpath to D.C. I'm sure you get a nice review of his...
Forum: Unicycling April 4th 08, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By munimag
Need Ride The Lobster Team mate(s)

Our third team member has dropped out and we are looking for a qualified
team member. Two of us are qualified and have already submitted our
registration forms. One of us in from Maryland, the...
Forum: Unicycling April 2nd 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By munimag
Tarp shelters for unicycle touring

If you don't get a tent with insect protection, you should at least
consider getting a mosquito headnet so you can put it over your head if
the bugs get bad. I used to carry one in my bag when I...
Forum: Unicycling March 17th 08, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By munimag
looking for muni riders in east/central pa

I'm in Maryland a few hours away. The trails are good here now. The
ice and mud are gone. If you make it down this way let me know. I am
between Frederick, MD and D.C.

--...
Forum: Unicycling February 12th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By munimag
Need Ride The Lobster Team mate(s)

I am looking for a team that needs another rider for RTL. I plan to
qualify on my new Nimbus 36 in the next couple of weeks. I live in
Maryland. While I am new to the 36er I have been riding...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By munimag
Help with broken saddle

Laura,

I have a seat post (with seat) from an old Schwinn unicycle. It
measures about 20 mm in diameter. I don't know if that will work. I
live in Germantown, MD. You are welcome to have...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24