Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JoeDe
Forum: Australia March 21st 08, 11:04 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By JoeDe
Full Length Mud guards

I have a new commuter bike due to an unfortunate meeting with a car writing
off my previous bike I used as a commuter two weeks ago. No broken bones but
the usual bruising stuff that hursts, keeps...
Forum: Australia March 2nd 08, 03:03 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By JoeDe
"Cyclists Single File" removed from 1:20

Ok, so does anyone know what happened?
Last year they erect cyclists warning signs, soon after the add cyclists
single file signs and just recently single file signs have been removed.
Rumor has it...
Forum: Australia February 10th 08, 09:59 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By JoeDe
Chicago rules

We don't need to pass laws for the three things mentioned above, all
three are *already* against the law in Australia.

However, as for *observing* the law and *enforcing* the law, well...
Forum: Australia January 9th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By JoeDe
Wonderful, this is REALLY going to help.

Amazing that it's ONLY 130 cyclists. I suppose all those frustrated
motorists would be only too happy to have anotyer 130 cars in front of them!
NRMA have lost the plot because the more bicycle...
Forum: Australia December 28th 07, 12:36 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By JoeDe
New recent bicycle Signs on 1:20

Ok now I hate to say I told you so but what I believed would happen has
happened to me twice in a few weeks!

Earlier this year, they put a sign warning of "Bikes next 4K" at the bottom
and top of...
Forum: Australia December 8th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By JoeDe
Brisbane Bikeways

Hmm
That's what I've been saying all along! There are virtually no bikepaths in
Aus.
They are all shared pathways and in places, dangerous for both walkers and
riders.
This is how it is and don't...
Forum: Australia November 19th 07, 02:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By JoeDe
Alpine Delight

Good ride, congrats on the significant improvement in time. Was there
still a little bit of snow at the top? There was last w'end.

I saw 4 or 5 patches of snow but unfortunately not near...
Forum: Australia November 18th 07, 10:12 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By JoeDe
Alpine Delight

Well it's done for another year!!
Had a great ride and happy a slowish climber like me took nearly 50 min off
last year. I believe there were around 40 riders with 9 completing the 200K
Bright to...
Forum: Australia November 13th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By JoeDe
Alpine Delight

Well it's the time of the year again when some riders go and pay homage to
the mountain gods for a trek from Bright to Omeo and back. Some with a
little more sence only as far as Dinner Plain and...
Forum: Australia October 31st 07, 11:15 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By JoeDe
Whittlesea to Kinglake or vice versa

I've done from both directions many times and prefer St Andrews to Kinglake
for no real reason.
Just like climbing to Kinglake that way. The descent to Whittlesea is
fabulously smooth.
If you...
Forum: Australia October 16th 07, 11:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By JoeDe
Is there a Full Moon out or have I just had a bad patch?

Hmm, I think the loonies young are over absorbing alcohol and all the other
stuff.
Maybe it's just bad luck but over the last few days, I had someone spraying
a fire extinguisher in my face while...
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By JoeDe
Us cyclists are terrorising the world riding over 10kph!

Now I understand this is a busy stretch but honestly if you need to post a
10kph speed limit, then wouldn't you think that it's not a bike lane at all!
Cyclists will ride at 10kph as much as cars...
Forum: Australia August 28th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By JoeDe
Magpies! Known swoopers??

On a Saturday couple of years ago, a maggie near the roundabout at Research
gave me a cut on the cheek and scared the crap out of me. The next morning
on a group ride through the same roundabout, I...
Forum: Australia August 28th 07, 12:25 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By JoeDe
Magpies! Known swoopers??

I know of two spots in Mt Dandy where I've been swooped on in previous years
but not at the moment. Sherbrooke Rd virtually at the Tourist Rd and Ridge
Rd just up from the Mt Dandy Bakery. These...
Forum: Australia August 26th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By JoeDe
Magpies! Known swoopers??

Yes it's the time of the year again when our feathered friends turn frisky.
I'm listing the first black spot (or should I say black & white spot) area
where swooping has...
Forum: Australia August 17th 07, 02:14 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By JoeDe
car rego pays for TAC insurance

As stated, all taxes whether petrol, rego, etc all go into consolidated
revenue and governments of the day decided how it's distributed for the
countries needs. Most of your rego is insurance to...
Forum: Australia August 9th 07, 12:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By JoeDe
Orders from Probike kit? How long?

I ordered a few items a month ago, ordered Monday, arrived at my door step
Friday! Couldn't ask for more.

"Jock" wrote in message...
Forum: Australia July 18th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By JoeDe
Dog 1, Bike 0

Just read these wheels are under 1 Kilo per wheelset and never need truing.
Impressive! Makes my 32 spoke open pros with 105 hubs look like rotating
led! Not that I'm complaining as they're...
Forum: Australia July 16th 07, 07:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By JoeDe
Borat a cyclist! Please No!!!

The leg tan lines are somwhat a givaway.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/2007/features/tour_images_rest07/DV209432

Yuck!
Forum: Australia July 4th 07, 12:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By JoeDe
Spinergy Xaero Lite Wheelset

Tried this thread on bicycle.tec but not too many replied so I'm trying
here.

I'm looking at the Spinergy Xaero Lite Wheelset and very curious about their
PBO fiber...
Forum: Racing July 4th 07, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By JoeDe
Spinergy Xaero Lite Wheelset

Tried this thread on bicycle.tec but not too many replied so I'm trying
here.

I'm looking at the Spinergy Xaero Lite Wheelset and very curious about their
PBO fiber...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By JoeDe
Spinergy Xaero Lite Wheelset

I'm looking at the Spinergy Xaero Lite Wheelset and very curious about their
PBO fiber Spokes
http://www.spinergy.com/Bicycle/xaeroLite.html
Of course the manufacturer will claim their product is...
Forum: Australia April 20th 07, 01:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By JoeDe
Bicycle Advisory Signs on the 1:20

On both ends of the 1:20, ( climb to Sassafras on Mt Dandenong east of Melb
for those who don't know ) they have an Advisory sign warning motorists of
cyclists next 4 K.
Why when this road, one of...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23