Showing results 1 to 25 of 457
Search took 4.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Nakashima
Forum: Techniques March 10th 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Police cruiser kills bicyclist

wrote in message
# Subject: Two bicylists killed by deputy on Stevens Cayon Road

#...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 08, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tom Nakashima
A Sorta Vintage Bike Technical Question

"M-gineering" wrote in message
TomYoung wrote:
Hi all:

A pretty obscure question.

I'm putting back together...
Forum: Techniques March 5th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Sheldon's Memorial Celebration

"Peter Cole" wrote: in message news:Ytyzj.3720$x93.1734@trndny03...
I attended Sheldon Brown's memorial celebration last Sunday. ...(followed
by a very touching description.)

Thanks for...
Forum: Techniques February 14th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Fogel's bullying and stalking -- who's next?

"Jay Beattie" wrote in message news:40af464a-
You are so lucky to have real Waffle Houses! I was using the term in
the generic sense of the all night breakfast joint. In...
Forum: General February 7th 08, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By Tom Nakashima
The foul deeds of Carl Fogel (was: Another Fogel Lie from the archives)

"Ozark Bicycle" wrote in message
On Feb 7, 8:32 am, "Tom Nakashima"...
Forum: General February 7th 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By Tom Nakashima
The foul deeds of Carl Fogel (was: Another Fogel Lie from the archives)

"Ozark Bicycle" wrote in message
On Feb 7, 8:16 am, "Tom Nakashima"...
Forum: General February 7th 08, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By Tom Nakashima
The foul deeds of Carl Fogel (was: Another Fogel Lie from the archives)

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
wrote:

Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
that guy did...
Forum: Techniques February 5th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By Tom Nakashima
RIP Sheldon Brown

It's great to see the outpour from RBT for Sheldon Brown.
It seems like we all let down our guards and opened our hearts to
pay respect.
There are still a few contributors' who's names I haven't seen...
Forum: Techniques February 4th 08, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By Tom Nakashima
RIP Sheldon Brown

"James Scott" wrote in message
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Forum: Techniques February 1st 08, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Perpetual motion!

"Werehatrack" wrote in message

Many a student hour has been used in trying to overcome these
limitations in...
Forum: Techniques February 1st 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Your thumb is probably more accurate

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
May I ask, how do you "ping" the tire?
I think I would use the bounce test over...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Nakashima
No, it's not an Uzi

wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:10:18 -0800, "Tom Nakashima"
Forum: Techniques January 31st 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Your thumb is probably more accurate

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
I actually rely on my thumb to check tire pressure when I repair a flat
on
Forum: Techniques January 31st 08, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Nakashima
No, it's not an Uzi

wrote in message

Oops! Another careless cut-and-paste.
Cheers,
Carl Fogel

Yup, sure are a lot of cut and...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 08, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Your thumb is probably more accurate

wrote in message

These tests need to be viewed in context. First comes inflation with
pump having and easily...
Forum: Techniques January 30th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Your thumb is probably more accurate

wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:44:26 -0800, "Tom Nakashima"
Forum: Techniques January 30th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Your thumb is probably more accurate

wrote in message
The basic idea of this spring-loaded tire pressure gauge is okay, but
the scale is a bit off.

Forum: Techniques January 29th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Lie by Fogel tm

"Andre Jute" wrote in message

The indelible truth is that Fogel did call me a liar, he did...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom Nakashima
Mystery invention

I guessed a douche bag before reading the description.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Vaginal_bulb_syringe.jpg
-tom

wrote in message...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Nakashima
100% Wooden Bicycle

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Tom Nakashima" wrote: I take it chainlube wouldn't work in this...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 08, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Nakashima
100% Wooden Bicycle

"Ron George" wrote in message
On Jan 23, 2:50 pm, Ron George wrote:
Forum: Techniques January 18th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom Nakashima
University frame-flex testing: surprising results

wrote in message
?

I got a new fork, mine being many miles old. I'm sure there are
various good ways...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By Tom Nakashima
University frame-flex testing: surprising results

wrote in message
Tom Nakashima writes:

Since switching to swiveling head bearings (Shimano) I...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Tom Nakashima
University frame-flex testing: surprising results

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message news:...

wrote in message
Tom Nakashima...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By Tom Nakashima
University frame-flex testing: surprising results

wrote in message
Tom Nakashima writes:

Since switching to swiveling head bearings (Shimano) I haven't
Showing results 1 to 25 of 457