Showing results 1 to 25 of 66
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Carol Hague
Forum: UK July 22nd 09, 08:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Carol Hague
Former regulars

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Did anyone notice that the inside cover photo in the current Velo
Vision was taken by Arthur Clune formerly of this parish?

He is, if...
Forum: UK April 24th 09, 09:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Carol Hague
Betjeman - Bicycles

John Dunlop wrote:

Marc:

I can however recomend "Boogie up the river", but only after you have
read "500 mile walkies"

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them.

I...
Forum: UK April 23rd 09, 12:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Carol Hague
Betjeman - Bicycles

Marc wrote:

John Dunlop wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know?:

And of course: ""Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the
human race."...
Forum: UK March 13th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 61
Posted By Carol Hague
Copenhagenize helmet article

Alistair Gunn wrote:
snippetry

Sounds like a good argument for a recumbent trike actually ... :-)
The chances of falling off one of those seem pretty remote,

It...
Forum: UK March 10th 09, 03:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Carol Hague
inner tube no wheel removal?

In ,
Ben C tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
On 2009-03-09, Tim...
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 10th 09, 10:57 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 15
Posted By Carol Hague
More trike questions: Clipless?

Tom Sherman wrote:

I would hate to ride a trike for any distance without foot retention
unless it was a delta trike with the bottom bracket considerably...
Forum: UK February 18th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Carol Hague
Today's ride

Clive George wrote:

"Carol Hague" wrote in message

Rob tells me that the best people to have...
Forum: UK February 18th 08, 10:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Carol Hague
Today's ride

wafflycat wrote:

"Carol Hague" wrote in message
wafflycat ...
Forum: UK February 18th 08, 10:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Carol Hague
Today's ride

wafflycat wrote:

"Clive George" wrote in message

I've said it before : Tandem - you...
Forum: Recumbent Biking December 20th 07, 02:04 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 8
Posted By Carol Hague
has anyone tried the schlumpf mountain/speed/high-speed crank drive?

Peter Clinch wrote:

Jon Bendtsen wrote:

How easy is it to change using the heel?

Fairly easy, and i've only had it out on test rides (I don't own one),
and...
Forum: UK December 1st 07, 05:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Carol Hague
ASA Complaint

Colin McKenzie wrote:

Carol Hague wrote:
I had a letter from the ASA this morning about my DoT advert complaint.
They disagree that it's misleading and won't be...
Forum: UK November 30th 07, 09:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Carol Hague
ASA Complaint

I had a letter from the ASA this morning about my DoT advert complaint.
They disagree that it's misleading and won't be taking any further
action. Bah.

Can't say I'm surprised exactly.

--...
Forum: UK November 21st 07, 01:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Carol Hague
DoT Copycat campaign

David Martin wrote:

On Nov 19, 5:42 pm, (Carol Hague) wrote:
I've just reported the Department of Transport to the Advertising
Standards...
Forum: UK November 20th 07, 10:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Carol Hague
DoT Copycat campaign

David Hansen wrote:

burtthebike wrote:

"Carol Hague" wrote in message
I've just reported the Department of...
Forum: UK November 19th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Carol Hague
DoT Copycat campaign

I've just reported the Department of Transport to the Advertising
Standards Agency.

They're running a radio ad around here that lists things you shouldn't
do in case your child copies you and...
Forum: General October 30th 07, 02:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 56
Posted By Carol Hague
Suggestions - Pagan Birthing Ceremony for a Trike?

mb wrote:

Artemisia wrote:

My new recumbent trike is supposed to arrive this week and I dearly
hope it does. It is supposed to be "born", officially...
Forum: UK October 30th 07, 02:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 57

mb wrote:

Artemisia wrote:

My new recumbent trike is supposed to arrive this week and I dearly
hope it does. It is supposed to be "born", officially...
Forum: UK October 29th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 203
Posted By Carol Hague
bicycle helmet after heavy fall

Garry from Cork wrote:

Doubt it.

Doubt what?

Please leave some context in your post so people can tell what you're
replying to.

It *is* possible to do this, even with the...
Forum: UK October 9th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Carol Hague
Recumbent Tricycle.

Graham Harrison wrote:

I recently had a *very* short ride on a recumbent trike (literally an
extended figure of 8 - maybe a couple of hundred...
Forum: UK August 3rd 07, 06:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Carol Hague
World HPV Championships 2008

Pete Whelan wrote:

Carol Hague wrote:
Thought it might be of interest to the group that the World Human
Powered Vehicle Championships are being held in England on...
Forum: UK August 3rd 07, 07:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Carol Hague
World HPV Championships 2008

Thought it might be of interest to the group that the World Human
Powered Vehicle Championships are being held in England on 16/17 August
2008 at Ben****ers Park in Suffolk, organisated by the...
Forum: UK July 13th 07, 08:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Carol Hague
Drink!

Tim Hall wrote:

3 would give Mrs. Hall the greatest chance of keeping topped up, as
she could leave the bite valve positioned nearby. Don't know if
there's...
Forum: UK July 13th 07, 08:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Carol Hague
Paul Sherwen (no Tour spoilers)

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the urge to smack him with a
large haddock every time he pontificates about how you need to be in the
first 20 riders to be safe?

Newsflash Mr Sherwen - there...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 07:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Carol Hague
The Flying Scotsman: lack of screening

Tony Raven wrote:

Carol Hague wrote on 01/07/2007 18:40 +0100:
wafflycat wrote:

In East Anglia...

Film is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 66