Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Scandrett[_2_]
Forum: UK September 6th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
New bike - questions

Ian Smith wrote on 29/08/2009 21:37:

Looks like it's a common issue then. Another creak I had on the same bike
came from the bottom bracket. Took it back to the shop and they
reassembled it...
Forum: UK September 6th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
New bike - questions

Hi - apologies to all for the tardiness of this reply!

Ian Smith wrote on 27/08/2009 19:45:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:29:50 +0100, Peter Scandrett strained every synapse
to present us with this...
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
New bike - questions

Hiya

I've recently bought a Ridgeback Velocity -
http://www.ridgeback.co.uk/index.php?bikeID=75&seriesID=37&show_bike=TRUE
- about six weeks ago. It replaces a Raleigh Jackal which has done me...
Forum: UK May 4th 09, 09:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Online route planners (tweakable, with OS grid refs?)

Many thanks (to you and Brimstone) - I will investigate further!

Peter

--
http://www.scandrett.net/lx/
http://www.scandrett.net/bike/
Replies: 4
Online route planners (tweakable, with OS grid refs?)

Hi

I know the topic of online mapping and route planning has been touched
on before but I can't find anything that does quite what I want (which
may not be possible) - and also, web technologies...
Forum: UK April 26th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Current Facility of the Month explained.

Rob Morley wrote on 26/04/2009 01:22:
How you do that? I've been looking to do something similar but I
can't find the necessary tools.
Forum: UK February 7th 09, 10:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Eddington Number

A.Dazzle wrote on 04/02/2009 09:09:
(and it was in the past year, say. Can't see any point in knowing what you
used to do maybe 10 or 15 years ago!;-)
... and you had the exact number and, lo,...
Forum: UK January 19th 09, 08:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Tandem problem

Ian Smith wrote on 19/01/2009 20:31:
There is a 59 minute solution. Hint below

I thought it was 62 minutes, but telling me the target time was helpful
(though I didn't need the hint...
Forum: UK August 27th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
bike "upgrade"

Sorry, a bit late on this one...

northwesterner wrote on 19/07/2008 09:19:
My old "mountain bike", (Raleigh Jackal) bought probably 15 years ago, but
in real terms a year old plus storage, is...
Forum: UK August 12th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Bikes on trains query

Hi

This might be a question for uk.railway but I haven't asked there as
crossposting tends to attract trolling, it seems :-)

My friend and I went away for the weekend with our bikes (and car, yes,...
Forum: UK June 14th 08, 10:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Grrr. Temporary traffic lights.

A.C.P.Crawshaw wrote on 13/06/2008 14:22:
He started ranting so I shouted "bike lane"
and pointed downwards before riding off. They complain about us not
using the facilities provided, then...
Forum: UK June 9th 08, 08:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Velodrome training

Pete Biggs wrote on 09/06/2008 12:34:
when
individuals were training doing laps their coach was often shouting
out numbers in the range 70-90; I remember clearly that 82 was called
once,...
Forum: UK June 8th 08, 09:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Velodrome training

Hiya

Last Tuesday I was doing a gig[1] in the Manchester Velodrome; we were
doing the event in the middle, putting up a stage/PA/lighting etc during
the day for the event in the evening. However,...
Forum: UK May 8th 08, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Randonee

David Damerell wrote on 07/05/2008 12:09:
Quoting Peter Scandrett :
More info on my webpage if anyone's interested in reading it:
Forum: UK May 6th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Randonee

delurk

Well... I ended up attacking the (short version of the) Isle of Wight
Randonee on Sunday with a friend, and survived. Did my maximum distance
in a day for me, too, of 41.6 miles, which I...
Forum: UK April 13th 08, 02:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Crash

Tom Crispin wrote on 13/04/2008 13:28:
Here is a diagram of the incident:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/mutilation/crash

Very minor point - if this diagram is to be used in official...
Forum: UK March 28th 08, 12:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Radio 4 any questions Sat Mar 22

Mark T wrote on 28/03/2008 12:39:
The listen again site is he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/progs/listenagain.shtml#a

The question is posed at 30 mins into the programme.

Can anyone...
Forum: UK March 22nd 08, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
[A bit OT] Spotted in EBC Manchester yesterday

....a sign reading "New's and Events"!

I should have pointed it out when I was there, really, but I didn't...
it simultaneously amused and depressed me :-)

Regards

Peter

--
Forum: UK March 5th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103

dkahn400 wrote on 05/03/2008 15:21:
So how do you propose to overcome Newton's third law?
I could just lean over... one can steer a bike while riding no-handed,
after all, and quite how one...
Forum: UK March 2nd 08, 01:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
'Backwards' bikes

Hi

Just a random thought, really. I've never tried riding one, but those
backwards bikes you get as attractions at fairs/in places like Covent
Garden - why are they so (apparently) difficult to...
Forum: UK February 24th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Randonee

Hi

(Sorry, I can't find the original thread)

Having read the thread about this and am pondering it myself now! Like
the OP however, I'm a bit concerned about the hills, too. I reckon I
could do...
Forum: UK January 6th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
New front chain rings - not able to use small one

Steph Peters wrote on 02/01/2008 19:32:
Peter Scandrett of www.scandrett.net wrote:
I must admit that I'm not terribly impressed with the LBS in question;
they're...
Forum: UK January 6th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 62
Matthew Parris apologises

David Hansen wrote on 06/01/2008 10:28:

and we redressed the balance with a letter the following day,
and a second letter and a Thunderer column by a cyclist on Monday.

Has anyone...
Forum: UK December 23rd 07, 01:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
New front chain rings - not able to use small one

Hi - to all who replied, not just Mark.

Mark T wrote on 21/12/2007 16:05:
Front mechs are a work of Stan, and will often play up when the chain is
towards one end of the rear sprockets but work...
Forum: UK December 21st 07, 03:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
New front chain rings - not able to use small one

Hi

POHB wrote on 21/12/2007 14:35:
On 21 Dec, 14:21, Peter Scandrett wrote:
So - can I have some advice please? Do I need to bend the gear arm thing
so that it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45