Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: elyob
Forum: UK December 29th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By elyob
Question for Chapman.

On 28 Dec, 13:31, _ wrote:
elyob wrote:
On 26 Dec, 14:27, wrote:
You recently claimed:

She also lied about BHRF's mission, not just...
Forum: UK December 28th 08, 12:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By elyob
Question for Chapman.

On 26 Dec, 14:27, wrote:
You recently claimed:

She also lied about BHRF's mission, not just here but in other
forums as well.

I asked you to say what the lie was...
Forum: UK December 11th 08, 12:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By elyob
And then they came for the cyclists

On 11 Dec, 12:17, "TOG@Toil" wrote:
On 11 Dec, 11:55, "platypus" wrote:

Forum: UK November 26th 08, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 70
Posted By elyob
Sound of distant cheering by CMers.

On 26 Nov, 12:23, Doug wrote:
On 26 Nov, 12:09, Adrian wrote:

Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
Forum: UK November 18th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 2
Posted By elyob
This is what Critical Mass riders have to put up with.

On 18 Nov, 17:45, BrianW wrote:
On 18 Nov, 16:39, elyob wrote:

On 18 Nov, 10:53, Boltar wrote:

On Nov...
Forum: UK November 18th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 1
Posted By elyob
This is what Critical Mass riders have to put up with.

On 18 Nov, 10:53, Boltar wrote:
On Nov 18, 7:20 am, Doug wrote:

Its described as a 'protest' here but many participants would
disagree.

So...
Forum: UK November 18th 08, 04:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 5

On 18 Nov, 09:15, BrianW wrote:
On 18 Nov, 07:20, Doug wrote:

Its described as a 'protest' here but many participants would
Forum: UK November 3rd 08, 07:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By elyob
Mixing it with cars

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
I had a very pleasant ride today.

Left home in Lewisham at 7.30am, met...
Forum: UK October 30th 08, 02:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By elyob
Track Cycling World Cup

On 30 Oct, 11:22, elyob wrote:
Anyone off to this tomorrow? I have free tickets if you pretend you're
me ...

email address is valid ...

Thanks all, tickets have now...
Forum: UK October 30th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By elyob
Track Cycling World Cup

Anyone off to this tomorrow? I have free tickets if you pretend you're
me ...

email address is valid ...
Forum: UK October 28th 08, 11:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By elyob
Thanks all

I have enjoyed and will still read this group.

Amazingly, someone - probably sat on the dole - has too much time on
his/her hands.

Will still be on this email to chat about cycling ...

Nick
Forum: UK October 13th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 229
Posted By elyob
When is a demo not a demo?

On 13 Oct, 18:11, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Doug wrote:
When is a demonstration not a demonstration?
[snip]
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"We...
Forum: UK October 12th 08, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By elyob
To My Father, Guy Chapman

On 12 Oct, 19:27, "wafflycat" wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in ...

Forum: UK October 1st 08, 01:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By elyob
50 quirky bike rides - excellent new book

On 1 Oct, 11:19, TimB wrote:
May I draw your attention to this highly amusing (and informative) new
book - 50 Quirky Bike Rides - by Rob Ainsley, occasional columnist...
Forum: UK September 30th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 46
Posted By elyob
London police tell motorists to drive straight at cyclists.

"What kind of *dickhead* doesn't get out the way of an ambulance with
flashing lights? "

That was a different incident. Cyclists (perhaps unwittingly, it was later
reported) blocking an...
Forum: UK September 25th 08, 02:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.railway
Replies: 13
Posted By elyob
Carrying bikes on trains

On 24 Sep, 10:04, wrote:
http://www.atob.org.uk/Bike_Rail.html

Just discovered this website which is a very comprehensive guide to
carrying bikes on trains (and...
Forum: UK September 22nd 08, 05:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By elyob
Lights

On 22 Sep, 16:36, Richard wrote:
Hi

I need some lights for a mountain bike for the winter and I'm a bit
confused about those on offer that seem to range from...
Forum: UK September 19th 08, 12:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By elyob
Upper Thames St by Southwark Bridge "incident"

On 19 Sep, 10:54, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I have a strong preference for being on the right of lorries at
Forum: UK September 18th 08, 01:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By elyob
Upper Thames St by Southwark Bridge "incident"

On 18 Sep, 10:49, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 02:05:17 -0700 (PDT), elyob
said in
Forum: UK September 18th 08, 10:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By elyob
Upper Thames St by Southwark Bridge "incident"

On 18 Sep, 10:18, spindrift wrote:
On Sep 18, 10:05*am, elyob wrote:

Looks like another "incident" this morning, a huge tipper truck,
police...
Forum: UK September 18th 08, 10:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sep 18, 10:05*am, elyob wrote:

Looks like another "incident" this morning, a huge tipper truck,
police...
Forum: UK September 18th 08, 10:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By elyob
Upper Thames St by Southwark Bridge "incident"

Looks like another "incident" this morning, a huge tipper truck,
police in attendance, a tent erected on the left of the
carriageway ...

RIP
Forum: UK September 17th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By elyob
Cycle lights in Kingston

On 17 Sep, 15:22, Sara Kirk wrote:
There are a set of traffic and pedestrian lights in Kingston upon Thames
that I have misgivings about.

I did make an attempt at...
Forum: UK August 6th 08, 02:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By elyob
Facebook group

On 6 Aug, 14:13, "Brian Robertson" wrote:
"elyob" wrote in message

On...
Forum: UK August 6th 08, 01:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By elyob
Facebook group

On 6 Aug, 12:09, "Brian Robertson" wrote:
I have just started a Facebook group called, "Make helmets compulsary for
cyclists". Hope you all join so that we can push for this...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500