Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Anderson
Forum: UK September 15th 11, 10:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 43
Posted By Tom Anderson
Me and my bride

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sep 15, 6:52*am, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 05:20:57 +0100, (Roger Merriman)

Forum: UK August 5th 11, 11:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Anderson
V brake blocks

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Mike Lewis wrote:

What are decent ones please. The factory ones on my Marin always sound
like they have grit in them.

Kool-Stop...
Forum: UK July 30th 11, 06:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Tom Anderson
Revenge of the bottom bracket

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011, Rob Morley wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:05:44 +0100
Tom Anderson wrote:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about a wobbly bottom...
Forum: UK July 29th 11, 06:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Tom Anderson
Revenge of the bottom bracket

Hello!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about a wobbly bottom
bracket last month. I finally took it into a LBS to get a new BB this
week, but all did not go well.

My old BB has...
Forum: UK July 11th 11, 10:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom Anderson
A new sort of Soho club.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011, Simon Mason wrote:

Great idea for a cycle storage cum gym cum shower facility in central
London.

A cum shower? Might catch on in Soho, i suppose.

tom

--
Forum: UK July 6th 11, 10:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, Simon Mason wrote:

On Jul 6, 6:10*pm, Squashme wrote:
On Jul 6, 4:43*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

It won't put him off cycling...
Forum: UK June 27th 11, 11:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Tom Anderson
Play in bottom bracket and pedals

I have both!

If i hold on to the cranks on either side of my bottom bracket (which is a
sealed cartridge type, square taper and so on) and wiggle, i can get the
axle to yaw visibly.

If i hold a...
Forum: UK April 6th 11, 11:09 PM Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom Anderson
URCM - There is a new RFD on UNNC aboutuk.rec.cycling.moderated

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Nuxx Bar wrote:

On Apr 6, 10:36*am, Matt B wrote:
For those of you who don't go there often, or may have otherwise have
missed it, and are...
Forum: UK March 24th 11, 01:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Tom Anderson
Filter lights

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, JNugent wrote:

On 23/03/2011 10:49, Tony Raven wrote:

wrote:

I don't know that I've ever seen anyone do that (and have certainly...
Forum: UK March 24th 11, 01:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Tom Anderson
Filter lights

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Tom Crispin wrote:

The other day I was waiting to turn right at a set of lights. The main
light went green but my filter light remained off. The driver in the car
behind...
Forum: UK February 21st 11, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom Anderson
Choosing a new front mech

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, thirty-six wrote:

On Feb 20, 8:01*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

I have a Shimano C051 front mech which has delivered years of sterling
service. It has...
Forum: UK February 20th 11, 08:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom Anderson
Choosing a new front mech

Hello!

I have a Shimano C051 front mech which has delivered years of sterling
service. It has recently seized up. It is currently soaking up a bit of
WD-40, in preparation for a session with some...
Forum: UK January 28th 11, 09:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom Anderson
Drivetrain slipping when freewheeling

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, thirty-six wrote:

On Jan 25, 11:34*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, J-P Stacey wrote:
The freewheel clutch is gummed up, get some...
Forum: UK January 25th 11, 11:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom Anderson
Drivetrain slipping when freewheeling

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, J-P Stacey wrote:

The freewheel clutch is gummed up, get some light oil into the
freewheel internals. *

Brilliant, thank you - I will try that tomorrow...
Forum: UK January 18th 11, 12:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom Anderson
Cheap lights using CR123 batteries

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, Rob Morley wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 12:42:06 +0000
Tom Anderson wrote:

Are there any? I need some backup lights, and it'd be nice to use the...
Forum: UK January 16th 11, 12:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom Anderson
Cheap lights using CR123 batteries

Well,

Are there any? I need some backup lights, and it'd be nice to use the same
batteries as my main light.

Cheers,
tom

--
We are going to have to be speculative, but there is good and
Forum: UK January 3rd 11, 02:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, Ian Smith wrote:

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, PeterL wrote:
Could I please have a recommendation for a type pump, preferably
with a gauge and...
Forum: General December 11th 10, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Tom Anderson
London sees a different type of cyclist

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010, Derek C wrote:

On Dec 11, 6:10*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Colin Nelson" wrote in message

Mike...
Forum: UK December 7th 10, 08:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Anderson
Attempted coup in moderated cycling group

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Mr. Benn wrote:

There is an attempted coup under way in uk.net.news.config at the
moment. The cyclists are attempting to oust the psycholists. The
psycholists are...
Forum: UK December 5th 10, 11:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Anderson
A realistic approach on bad cycling, by cyclists

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010, Marie wrote:

http://justcycling.myfastforum.org/sutra177924.php

It looks like a fair amount of sense has been posted here.

No, just the usual victim mentality crap. Saying...
Forum: UK November 27th 10, 02:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 53
Posted By Tom Anderson
Oxford cyclists too dim to take the break that was offered

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010, Sara wrote:

In article 4cee7776.13284921@localhost, (Cynic)
wrote:

OTOH a rechargable torch has almost the same advantages and they are a
lot...
Forum: UK November 24th 10, 09:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Tom Anderson
Hopes dashed.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Tom Crispin wrote:

It seems that this post was too sensitive for Jackson's Junta.

I object in the strongest possible terms to this epithet.

The problem with this term is the...
Forum: UK November 14th 10, 12:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom Anderson
A long shot - opening up a Smart Polaris light?

Hi all,

I have an aged Smart Polaris 5-LED headlamp:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/accessories/lights/front/product/ii-5-led-32399

The switch is broken; the light is currently off, and i...
Forum: UK October 23rd 10, 09:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Tom Anderson
Pedal reflectors

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Ian Smith wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Adam Lea wrote:

You can get clipless pedals that are designed to accept reflectors:

Forum: UK October 19th 10, 10:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Tom Anderson
Pedal reflectors

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Ian Smith wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Mr. Benn wrote:

Wacko Jacko of the moderated group says the subject of pedal
reflectors is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500