Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.93 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Whybrow
Forum: UK July 7th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Don Whybrow
Product Review - Park Tools Super Patch - GP-2

Executive Summary:

This product is no longer in my saddlebag.

Rationale:

I bought one of these little boxes of patches a while ago when I was
doing some general stock replenishing on the basis...
Forum: UK July 4th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Don Whybrow
Holy tyre batman!

Thanks for the advice.

I checked the tyre in the cold light of day and there was a definite
groove all round the side wall just above the bead, so a quick trip to
EBC to acquire new rubber. Now...
Forum: UK July 2nd 08, 11:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Don Whybrow
Holy tyre batman!

Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Don Whybrow wrote:
Inspection tonight has identified the cause as incorrect alignment of
the brake block. This now has a...
Forum: UK July 2nd 08, 08:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Don Whybrow
Holy tyre batman!

The opinion of the group mind is sought.

This morning as I set off there was a regular ticking noise coming from
the rear wheel, once per revolution. Since I had just walked the bike
through the...
Forum: UK July 2nd 08, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By Don Whybrow
Entertaining Letters in Local Rag

David Hansen wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:04:17 +0100 someone who may be Don Whybrow
wrote this:-

David Hansen wrote:
Flowery language fails to hide the...
Forum: UK July 2nd 08, 01:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Don Whybrow
What's this horrible clanking sounds?

Frank Jones wrote:
I've had a puncture in my rear wheen which is a hub gear & hub brake
jobbie (Nexus Inter-8). I've whipped the wheel off (quite a faff on
this bike) and repaired the...
Forum: UK June 30th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Don Whybrow
Bloody dog!

TerryJ wrote:

Then there was today. A little white rat-dog came belting out of the
woods, ran very close in front of me so I had to stop, and fastened
itself to my right foot. Then...
Forum: UK June 30th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By Don Whybrow
Entertaining Letters in Local Rag

David Hansen wrote:

Flowery language fails to hide the fact that the return train price
of £67.00, a turn up and go fare, is slightly cheaper than the one
way car cost of £70.00 or so, if we...
Forum: UK June 30th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By Don Whybrow
Entertaining Letters in Local Rag

David Hansen wrote:

Yawn. These are the majority of buses which pass through where I
live. They are the buses used by the majority of bus passengers in
the area, not some select...
Forum: UK June 30th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By Don Whybrow
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

wrote:
On Jun 17, 6:05 pm, CJ wrote:
Since the Daily Mail apparently is in error about the cyclist leaving
the scene, I'm not inclined to...
Forum: UK June 29th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Don Whybrow
A topical cartoon

Paul Boyd wrote:

$4.00 a gallon - whatever next?????

$4.01 ?

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time
Forum: UK June 26th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Don Whybrow
Going away on holiday and itching to take my bicycle - car attachingmethods

chris French wrote:

Decent strap on racks should fix just to the hatch, not the bumper etc.
so the hatch can still be opened with rack attached. Though not with the
bike.

I've managed to...
Forum: UK June 26th 08, 10:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Don Whybrow
Wheel truing - what is a reasonable price?

eatmorepies wrote:

It's not too tricky to do it yourself. It will take some time for the first
wheel because first you need to trawl the net for a copy of a book on
wheelbuilding by Jobst...
Forum: UK June 24th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Whybrow
Tips to Go Green...

Danny Colyer wrote:
On 24/06/2008 08:52, Alan Braggins wrote:
See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_shower

That's what I'd call a "shower", no need for any additional description.
Forum: UK June 24th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Don Whybrow
Any single-track round Edinburgh

Paul Boyd wrote:
On 24/06/2008 09:32, Rob Morley said,

No need even then - in network topology terms a switch is a hub, a
switching hub is just smarter than a repeating hub. And as...
Forum: UK June 23rd 08, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Don Whybrow
Any single-track round Edinburgh

David Hansen wrote:
I also note http://www.thehubintheforest.co.uk/Info/faq%20me.html.

"What do I need to bring when hiring a bike.

"First and foremost, we need you to bring some...
Forum: UK June 20th 08, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By Don Whybrow
(Non-) Use of cycling facilities

Clive George wrote:
"Don Whybrow" wrote in message
JNugent wrote:

Where does this "lobby" buy its...
Forum: UK June 20th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By Don Whybrow
(Non-) Use of cycling facilities

JNugent wrote:
Don Whybrow wrote:

I think the term "furiously" has been superseded.

In the 1988 RTA section 28 refers to reckless cycling, but this is
amended in the 1991 act to...
Forum: UK June 19th 08, 11:58 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By Don Whybrow
(Non-) Use of cycling facilities

judith wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:09:35 +0100, Don Whybrow
wrote:

judith wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 00:43:33 +0100, Don Whybrow
Forum: UK June 19th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By Don Whybrow
(Non-) Use of cycling facilities

JNugent wrote:
Ekul Namsob wrote:
judith wrote:

Should cyclists have to pass a test before being allowed on the roads
(or ideally cycle paths)

Answer...
Forum: UK June 19th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By Don Whybrow
(Non-) Use of cycling facilities

JNugent wrote:
David Hansen wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:09:18 -0400 someone who may be NewRiderPS
wrote this:-

Should we forgive drivers who run into telephone...
Forum: UK June 19th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

judith wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 00:43:33 +0100, Don Whybrow
wrote:

judith wrote:
I had not realised that the choice of using a cycle lane or not could
Forum: UK June 19th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By Don Whybrow
(Non-) Use of cycling facilities

judith wrote:

I am awfully sorry to have wasted your time - you have increased the
****wit count to three.

Child, it has become apparent to me from this and other exchanges on
this thread...
Forum: UK June 19th 08, 12:47 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By Don Whybrow
(Non-) Use of cycling facilities

judith wrote:

I am sorry the point escaped you - I was implying that perhaps, just
perhaps, the cyclist should have been aware of the car behind him and
taken a different action from that...
Forum: UK June 19th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

judith wrote:

I had not realised that the choice of using a cycle lane or not could
be "does it slow me down". I had thought it was "is it unsafe to do
so".

In general, the answer to both...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500