Showing results 1 to 25 of 163
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: soup
Forum: UK February 2nd 10, 10:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By soup
A second ramming witness, aka victim!

Doug wrote:

Ah so actual witnesses don't count then? You require forensic
evidence, such as flakes of paint on the damaged bike?

Witnesses do count but how do we (how does anyone ) know that...
Forum: UK January 31st 10, 01:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By soup
Another ramming incident on the last-nights Critical Mass Londonride.

Doug wrote:

So what sort of evidence would be acceptable to the motorists on this
newsgroup?

Not being one I couldn't say. For myself though may I just say that
an unattributed uncheckable...
Forum: UK January 31st 10, 12:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By soup
More evidence of deliberate ramming.

Doug wrote:
soup wrote:
Doug wrote:
As I have pointed out many times, if you Google for 'ramming cyclist'
or 'cyclist rammed' you will quickly discover that it is a widespread
practice...
Forum: UK January 30th 10, 03:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By soup
Another ramming incident on the last-nights Critical Mass Londonride.

Doug wrote:
Reported by email.

"Hi there just wondering if this can be published in any way?
So on the ride up through Camden some guy went totally mental and
decided to drive totally...
Forum: UK January 30th 10, 03:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By soup
More evidence of deliberate ramming.

Doug wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:
Doug wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:
Doug wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:

Because this time the evidence seems sound, unlike other times.
Forum: UK January 26th 10, 04:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By soup
More evidence of deliberate ramming.

Doug wrote:
ram cyclists
snip
Well here is yet another example which I proffer
as evidence. More later.

You still haven't got the hang of this UK thing have you?

Nor of fixing your sig...
Forum: UK January 20th 10, 01:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By soup
Halfords continues to advertise electric bikes that are unavailable.

NM wrote:
most of their customers are cyclists.

That's surprising, as I thought it was basically a car accessory store
that sidelined in bikes.
Forum: UK January 20th 10, 01:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By soup
Pothole Payout

JMS wrote:

If the silly old sod ran over that he is not fit to be on the road.

Read the article fully you will find the pot-hole pictured is NOT the
one he ran into.
Forum: UK January 16th 10, 01:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By soup
Pothole Payout

The Medway Handyman wrote:

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-pothole-injury-man-awarded-%C2%A36000
That looks like a really dangerous pothole.
The hole in the picture is NOT the one described...
Forum: UK December 24th 09, 02:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Its extreemly effective in regulating motorists.

What like stops them drink-driving, speeding, talking on mobile phones,etc.

Can't believe this is still going.
Forum: UK December 4th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 32
Posted By soup
How to deal with 'Critical Trash'

NM wrote:

But as I see it nobody forced you to read this, the initial post
contained a video from LA, I was commenting on the futility of
'Critical Trash' which is, we are led to believe, a...
Forum: UK December 4th 09, 01:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 32
Posted By soup
How to deal with 'Critical Trash'

NM wrote:
On 3 Dec, 21:29, soup wrote:
NM wrote:
why not L.A?
Because these are UK groups?

UK.rec.cycling
UK.rec.driving

Sorry I hadn 't realised you...
Forum: UK December 4th 09, 01:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By soup
This newsgroup dominated by anti-cyclists.

Doug wrote:
soup wrote:
Doug wrote:
You haver only to see all those 'Cyclists above the law ' threads as
proof.
Oh do be brief, not all those posts are anti-cycle or anti-cyclist...
Forum: UK December 3rd 09, 09:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 32
Posted By soup
How to deal with 'Critical Trash'

NM wrote:
why not L.A?

Because these are UK groups?

UK.rec.cycling
UK.rec.driving
Forum: UK December 3rd 09, 09:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Doug wrote:
You haver only to see all those 'Cyclists above the law ' threads as
proof.

Oh do be brief, not all those posts are anti-cycle or anti-cyclist or
whatever. How does the size of a...
Forum: UK December 3rd 09, 08:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

The Medway Handyman wrote:

You cannot use a vehicle on the road wothout a tax disc, therefore you pay
to use the road.
What part don't you understand.

Logic obviously isn't your strong...
Forum: UK December 3rd 09, 08:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

The Medway Handyman wrote:

You are not entitled to use what you don't pay for.

True, but then motorists are no more paying for the roads than anyone
else . Note 'no more' not 'not', as I am...
Forum: UK December 3rd 09, 09:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Because we all pay tax, but motorists pay an extra tax to use the roads.

You pay an extra 'tax' to use your vehicle on the road
YOU DO NOT PAY TO USE THE ROAD.
Forum: UK December 3rd 09, 08:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

Keitht wrote:
Squashme wrote:
I certainly find being dead rather inconvenient.
Unless it's for tax purposes.
You are Hotblack Desiato AICMFP

Someone had to get a HHGTTG reference in. :-)
Forum: UK December 3rd 09, 08:20 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

The Medway Handyman wrote:
soup wrote:
Once again, YOU PAY TO USE THE VEHICLE, NOT FOR THE ROAD.
You can say you pay for the roads as often as you like it still is
not true.
Bollox. You...
Forum: UK December 2nd 09, 07:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

The Medway Handyman wrote:
soup wrote:
Yes use the vehicle(on the road) not use the road.
The difference being?

It is for using the vehicle not the road .

Yes I know you can use the vehicle...
Forum: UK December 2nd 09, 02:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Phil W Lee wrote:

1) There is no hypothecation of taxation in the UK, and

No idea WTF that means.

Basically the idea behind that is that all the tax money is...
Forum: UK November 30th 09, 10:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

Tony Dragon wrote:

I don't recall being knocked over on the pavement by another pedestrian,
but a cyclist has managed to do this.

I have been knocked over by a cycle, and a pedestrian (OK...
Forum: UK November 30th 09, 10:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By soup
Cyclists above the law

The Medway Handyman wrote:

There are departments that put in cycle lanes & other crap for cyclists &
pay for them out of motorists taxes.

90% of these are crap they are not wanted or asked...
Forum: UK November 3rd 09, 06:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 76
Posted By soup
Critical Mass rider rammed by bus driver.

Doug wrote:

Also it is stated in the video that the bus couldn't reverse because
of traffic behind it.

I thought most(all?)bus companies didn't allow reversing without a
suitably trained and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 163