Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: slide[_3_]
Forum: Techniques November 8th 11, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 62
Posted By slide[_3_]
Belt drive article

On 11/6/2011 1:22 PM, AMuzi wrote:
wrote:
B) I wonder what kind of transmission efficiency a constantly bending
drive belt has, compared to a chain? Cars have power...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 11, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 62
Posted By slide[_3_]
Belt drive article

On 11/6/2011 1:01 AM, wrote:

B) I wonder what kind of transmission efficiency a constantly bending
drive belt has, compared to a chain? Cars have power to spare to run
Forum: General June 12th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By slide[_3_]
Joys of bike lanes

On 6/10/2011 11:24 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Frank Krygowski:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ

Either that guy is a professional stunt man/acrobat or he's a
wizard with some...
Forum: Techniques March 22nd 11, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By slide[_3_]
Mike Vandeman, a martyr for the environment, railroaded by inventedevidence

On 3/22/2011 4:37 AM, Andre Jute wrote:

Where I live middle aged ladies keep a little saw in the car. It isn't
to attack anyone with, or to defend themselves. It is used to "crop
the long...
Forum: Techniques March 18th 11, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By slide[_3_]
Motorists love my lights

On 3/17/2011 4:21 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

Motorists don't want to hit bicyclists. Motorists aren't the enemy.
BAD motorists are.

Nothing wrong with your setup, I suppose but I"m one of those...
Forum: Techniques March 11th 11, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By slide[_3_]
Merging two topics for efficiency

On 3/10/2011 12:48 PM, Peter Cole wrote:
http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/09/i-was-a-teenage-cyclist-or-how-anti-bike-lane-arguments-echo-the-tea-party/

Yikes! Tea party is our enemy....
Forum: Techniques January 3rd 11, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 121
Posted By slide[_3_]
When did tires get so expensive?

On 1/2/2011 7:58 PM, SMS wrote:
I was out on a ride today with the spousal unit and two child units, and
daughter-unit blew a tire. I did a temporary fix with two (2) dollar
bills and proceeded...
Forum: Techniques January 3rd 11, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By slide[_3_]
Voodoo?

On 1/2/2011 5:52 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I believe there's a person out there poking pins into the rear tire of
a small replica of my bike. I'd appreciate it if they'd stop.

Last year set...
Forum: Techniques October 24th 10, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By slide[_3_]
Comparing bikes - rolling resistance - friction etc

On 10/24/2010 2:30 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:

Any other thoughts?

Swap wheels with tires with him to see if there is another factor.
Forum: Techniques July 1st 10, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By slide[_3_]
helmets gone bad

On 6/30/2010 3:52 PM, Peter Cole wrote:
yirgster wrote:
Is there any reason to replace a helmet after X number of years if it
hasn't been subjected to crashes or the like.

I don't see...
Forum: Techniques June 19th 10, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/18/2010 7:17 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jun 18, 8:59 pm, Dan wrote:

As I neared the front of the pack (looking carefully so
as not to get right hooked by...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 10, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 135
Posted By slide[_3_]
Helmet bounce

On 6/18/2010 3:01 AM, MikeWhy wrote:
To pick up an old conversation, and hopefully bring it to conclusion
without rehash:
Forum: Techniques June 18th 10, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/17/2010 9:17 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jun 17, 2:17 am, Dan wrote:

I should add that my answer to people who complain of being slowed by
bicyclists is...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 10, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/17/2010 9:42 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jun 17, 11:15 am, wrote:
On 6/16/2010 9:27 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote: On Jun 16, 9:06 am,...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 10, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/17/2010 7:40 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 17, 8:12 am, wrote:
On 6/16/2010 9:20 AM, Peter Cole wrote:

Confrontational tactics (CM) may or may not...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 10, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/17/2010 11:49 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Frank Krygowski:
Slowing from 45 to 8 mph is a major change in speed, certainly; but
it's not a major loss in time. In most such situations,...
Forum: Techniques June 17th 10, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/17/2010 12:17 AM, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 16, 11:14 pm, Dan wrote:
On Jun 16, 6:06 am, wrote:

I think this group's...
Forum: Techniques June 17th 10, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/16/2010 9:27 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jun 16, 9:06 am, wrote:
It's a real fight here made worse by ad hoc CM
riders who use the law that they...
Forum: Techniques June 17th 10, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/16/2010 9:20 AM, Peter Cole wrote:

Confrontational tactics (CM) may or may not be helpful, I don't know,
but there's clearly a long history in our democracy of the politics of
Forum: Techniques June 17th 10, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

On 6/16/2010 8:41 AM, wrote:

So true. It'd be horrible to drive the speed limit or 3 or 4 mph
less, absolutely horrible.

One time I was driving and this guy was...
Forum: Techniques June 16th 10, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By slide[_3_]
Once bicycles are outlawed . . .

If those walking bicycles impede traffic, they will be ticketed or an
added rule will outlaw this.

I think this group's members fail to understand how angry cagers are at
being slowed by bicycles....
Forum: Techniques May 14th 10, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By slide[_3_]
Makes you think twice about lawyer lips

On 5/13/2010 6:46 PM, wrote:
http://thatwillbuffout.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/129103203066545998.jpg

Thanks! I checked and by gosh, two of my lug nuts were loose.
Forum: Techniques April 7th 10, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By slide[_3_]
EXACTLY HOW LETHAL IS CYCLING?

On 4/5/2010 5:24 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

5. Per journey, a pedestrian is 3.2 times as likely to be killed as an
automobile traveller, and a cyclist is 2.9 times as likely to be
killed as an...
Forum: Techniques January 17th 10, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By slide[_3_]
Why not "sand" tar stripes?

Peter Cole wrote:

I agree. I've spun a rear wheel on a climb many times on a wet, shiny
tar stripe, and it's not from my monster legs.

Some lane striping paint is almost as bad, I've...
Forum: Techniques October 26th 09, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By slide[_3_]
A lovely day to die

Simon Lewis wrote:

What is there to forgive? It was an accident. He didn't see you and you
were not his target.

He ran off the road due to him watching his gauges rather than the road.
He...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28