Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kenneth MacKenzie
Forum: UK September 23rd 08, 10:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 202
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Islabikes new range

Tom Anderson writes:
I'm sure it comes from the idea of swapping one for another, but i've
only ever heard it used to describe a reduction in the severity of the
sentence...
Forum: UK May 11th 08, 09:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Just spotted this on ebay

Rob Morley writes:

There's some fabulous stuff there.

There's enough stuff there to start up a museum; maybe that's where he
got it from in the first place.
Forum: UK May 11th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Just spotted this on ebay

Rob Morley writes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270233459080

Take a look at his other items. The Derny isn't alone. How about a...
Forum: UK May 10th 08, 12:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 57
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Mike Rutherford in Saturday's Telegraph

"The frequently overlooked fact
is that the vast majority of people in Britain - more than 30million
of us - hold driving licences in one hand and voting cards in the
other."

Well according...
Forum: UK March 7th 08, 07:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
recommended tool kit

"Pete Biggs" writes:

Kenneth MacKenzie wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that some bikes don't have cup
and cone...
Forum: UK March 7th 08, 02:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
recommended tool kit

"Doki" writes:

IMO you need the following for basic bike maintenance on a modern bike:
Cone spanners if your bike has cup and cone bearings.

Pardon my ignorance, but...
Forum: UK February 11th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 93
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Livingstone maps out 12 bicycle 'motorways'

Ian Smith writes:
Completely irrelevantly, here's a picture of me on a big UK suspension
bridge: http://www.astounding.org.uk/ian/temp/humber.jpg

Ow. You almost look as...
Forum: UK January 11th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 56
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
[OT] motoring **** looses money from identity fraud bet.

JC's not the only one:

A fraudster walked into a branch of Barclays Bank posing as
its chairman Marcus Agius and managed to walk out with 10,000
pounds.

The conman is believed to have...
Forum: UK January 7th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 191
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Times article

"Clive George" writes:

"Kenneth MacKenzie" wrote

He says "The bank cannot find out who did this because of the Data
Protection Act and they cannot stop it from...
Forum: UK January 7th 08, 04:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 191
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Times article

Rob Morley writes:

From what I've seen Clarkson doesn't actually incite others to do the
things that he claims he will do.

It appears that his latest brilliant idea was...
Forum: UK December 12th 07, 12:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Brrrr - cold this morning

Nick writes:

We are past the earliest sunset 7-dec, so I'm looking forward to spring.

You might be a little prematu it's more like the 14th in these parts.
Forum: UK November 22nd 07, 12:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Hopes fade for crapspeed founder Paul Smith

Mark McNeill writes:

Trouble is, badgers see everything in black and white.

Magnificent.
Forum: UK November 21st 07, 09:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Hopes fade for crapspeed founder Paul Smith

spindrift writes:

We need to get this man as much exposure as we can.

Perhaps a nude calendar?
Forum: UK October 9th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Now! Police camera action ITV

Roos Eisma writes:

Well, that same program sometime last week had this line:

"x cyclists were killed in London last year, most of them by lorries.
Amazingly, many cyclists...
Forum: UK September 28th 07, 10:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 83
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Emma Foa's death- verdict announced

Simon Brooke writes:
in message , David Hansen
') wrote:

I generally agree, but there...
Forum: UK September 4th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Can you mount your bike from wrong side?

zzapper writes:

Hi
Yesterday out of curiosity I tried to mount my bike from the wrong
side, it felt very odd and I found it impossible.

It's easy! If you're standing on...
Forum: UK August 27th 07, 06:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Pr0n fix

Don Whybrow writes:

Scottish Parliament (idea thanks to CityCycling Flickr image by
blackpuddinonnabike):
Forum: UK August 26th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
[OT] ... but are male first names restricted in France?

" writes:

I know this is off topic but knowing what a lot of smart people there
are here I thought I'd ask anyway....

Is there now, or...
Forum: UK January 11th 07, 11:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Interesting sight ...

A photo can be found by doing a Google Image search for "mating foxes".
It appears that the technical term for the mating of foxes is "yiffing".
There's a Wikipedia article on "yiff" which...
Forum: UK August 12th 06, 01:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenneth MacKenzie
Edinburgh Cyclists Needed 9th August

"PhilO" writes:

The Tall Bike Tour (http://www.tallbiketourbritain.com) are arriving
in Edinburgh on Wed 9th August and would like as many people as
possible to ride...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20