Showing results 1 to 25 of 279
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Opus[_2_]
Forum: Recumbent Biking November 8th 16, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 1
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Recumbent Trike?

On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 3:05:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I saw some recumbent trikes that looked like what my wife is looking for. They were had dual rear wheels that were larger...
Forum: Social Issues November 21st 11, 04:50 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 48
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Mountain Biker Runs Red Light, Kills Pedestrian

On Nov 20, 12:24*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Nov 20, 7:34*am, Opus wrote:
She wasn't hit by a mountain bike, therefore the premise stated in
Forum: Social Issues November 20th 11, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 48
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Mountain Biker Runs Red Light, Kills Pedestrian

On Nov 19, 10:20*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Did you have a point?

She wasn't hit by a mountain bike, therefore the premise stated in
your header is false. Your irrational...
Forum: Techniques October 26th 11, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Opus[_2_]
The NEW ride is GREAT

On Oct 23, 6:50*pm, Harry Brogan
wrote:
I have been riding "THE BEAST" for a while now and it just seems to
get better and better each day!!!!!

Thanks for...
Forum: Social Issues October 26th 11, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Opus[_2_]
The NEW ride is GREAT

On Oct 23, 6:50*pm, Harry Brogan
wrote:
I have been riding "THE BEAST" for a while now and it just seems to
get better and better each day!!!!!

Thanks for...
Forum: Social Issues October 15th 11, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 22
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Dukinfield teen died in BMX horror day after final A-level exams

On Oct 14, 9:32*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Oct 14, 10:35*am, VtSkier wrote:

On 10/14/2011 12:12 AM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Forum: Recumbent Biking October 4th 11, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 3
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Corruption keeps you from doing 900 miles per gallon

On Oct 4, 2:13*am, Mike A Schwab wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:26*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher" wrote:
Forum: UK October 4th 11, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 0
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Corruption keeps you from doing 900 miles per gallon

On Oct 4, 2:13*am, Mike A Schwab wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:26*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher" wrote:
Forum: Social Issues October 4th 11, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 0
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Corruption keeps you from doing 900 miles per gallon

On Oct 4, 2:13*am, Mike A Schwab wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:26*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher" wrote:
Forum: General October 4th 11, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 0
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Corruption keeps you from doing 900 miles per gallon

On Oct 4, 2:13*am, Mike A Schwab wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:26*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher" wrote:
Forum: Recumbent Biking October 1st 11, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 16
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On Sep 30, 10:56*am, Phil W Lee wrote:
Peter Clinch considered Fri, 30 Sep 2011
11:42:23 +0100 the perfect time to write:

On 30/09/11...
Forum: General September 30th 11, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Sidewalks, bikes, & civil engineering

On Sep 29, 1:08*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote
snip
So far, you've done none of that. *You've just said "Ignore that data."
* So seriously, what have you got for...
Forum: Social Issues September 30th 11, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Sidewalks, bikes, & civil engineering

On Sep 29, 1:08*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote
snip
So far, you've done none of that. *You've just said "Ignore that data."
* So seriously, what have you got for...
Forum: Social Issues September 17th 11, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 2
Posted By Opus[_2_]
ANOTHER Mountain Biker Requires a Helicopter Rescue

On Sep 16, 2:51*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

Mikey wishes he could evolve to a human being.
Forum: General September 8th 11, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 15
Posted By Opus[_2_]
You know you are a cyclist when......

On Sep 8, 10:35*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
snip
The Usenet you knew has died and gone to hell if it ever existed. ALL of the
cycling newsgroups are chock full of assholes, idiots...
Forum: Social Issues September 8th 11, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 15
Posted By Opus[_2_]
You know you are a cyclist when......

On Sep 8, 10:35*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
snip
The Usenet you knew has died and gone to hell if it ever existed. ALL of the
cycling newsgroups are chock full of assholes, idiots...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 5th 11, 03:43 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 13
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Dead hiker found in Yellowstone, with signs of grizzly activity

On Sep 3, 10:21*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
snip
Visitors are entitled to walk safely in any national park without having to
fear bears and other predators ,,, other than the...
Forum: Social Issues August 30th 11, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Party Wednesday night, party with a dead guy

10 years ago this Wednesday, I died. OK I didn't stay dead, but I was
dead for at least a minute. To celebrate my undeadness there will be a
little get-together in back of the church I attend on the...
Forum: Social Issues August 24th 11, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Replies: 23
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Time to Ban Equestrians from Trails

On Aug 24, 1:30*am, Don Freeman wrote:
On 8/23/2011 10:42 PM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:
Horses do have the advantage of being much more nutritious and tasty
than...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 23rd 11, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

On Jul 5, 11:46*pm, Tºm Shermªn °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
Forum: Techniques July 19th 11, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Why is Mikey even in this discussion?

On Jul 19, 6:47*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
snip everything

Can we get Mikey banned from RBR? The only reason he's here is because
Tom Sherman suggested using a bit of MTB...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 19th 11, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Why is Mikey even in this discussion?

On Jul 19, 6:47*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
snip everything

Can we get Mikey banned from RBR? The only reason he's here is because
Tom Sherman suggested using a bit of MTB...
Forum: Social Issues July 17th 11, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
Replies: 18
Posted By Opus[_2_]
Terrorism against cyclists

On Jul 16, 8:34*pm, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 7/8/2011 1:10 AM, Jym Dyer wrote:

=v= By none other than Marcia Kramer, of course:

Forum: Techniques July 17th 11, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By Opus[_2_]
habitat

On Jul 17, 9:53*am, SMS wrote:
snipity
Since all the experts agree that mountain bicycling is no more damaging
to trails or wildlife than hiking, there is no reason...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 17th 11, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By Opus[_2_]
habitat