Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Kossa
Forum: Racing January 27th 09, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Kossa
Is NBC carrying the Giro???

I checked Versus cycling schedule, and there's no mention of the Giro
at all. I read some time ago on Cyclingnews that NBC was rumored to
be bidding for it. Anyone know . . . ?
Forum: Techniques November 21st 08, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 122
Posted By Paul Kossa
Is a carbon fork the safest?

I'm getting a custom ti bike build, which comes with a carbon fork --
one of "the lightest AND strongest available!" (Don't they all say
that?) Maybe its cause my bikes are steel, but I just don't...
Forum: Techniques November 7th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Kossa
Max tire size on "road" rim?

What's the largest size tire you can safely put on a road rim, such as
a Mavic Pro (or whatever they're called)? Do 'cross tires fit on them?
Forum: Techniques October 31st 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Paul Kossa
Rohloff's require disc brake?

So...lets say you opt for discs. *The problem is, if the back wheel
slides forward/aft to tension the chain, so does the disc. *Even if
you dispense with discs, this is still a bit of an...
Forum: Techniques October 30th 08, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Paul Kossa
Rohloff's require disc brake?

I am getting a custom ti road bike built with the special hubs
designed specifically for the Rohloff Speedhub. The builder says a
caliper or cantilever brake won't work because it won't allow...
Forum: General October 18th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Kossa
recycling inner tubes?

I, for the life of me, cannot get a patch to seal an inner tube hole
for more than a minute or 2, so when I get a flat I toss them into an
ever-increasing pile. Is there anyplace I can recycle them,...
Forum: General October 5th 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Paul Kossa
Best pedal for recessed cleats?

On Oct 2, 11:12*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
"Paul Kossa" wrote in message

Forum: General October 3rd 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Paul Kossa
Best pedal for recessed cleats?

Up until a couple years ago, I used the old Look cleats/pedals/shoes
(the arrow shaped cleats) on my MTB. When those shoes were worn out,
I got the SPD type and have detested those things ever...
Forum: General July 4th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Kossa
Should I get a Rohloff Speedhub?

I'm considering getting one of those 14-speed internally geared
Rohloff hubs, either for my current bike, or -- preferably -- for a
new rig (road sport/touring bike). Anyone know how well they hold...
Forum: Techniques July 2nd 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul Kossa
How are Rohloff hubs holding up?

I'm considering getting one of those 14-speed internally geared
Rohloff hubs, either for my current bike, or -- preferably -- for a
new rig. Anyone know how well they hold up over the years? ...
Forum: Racing May 25th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Kossa
bike fitting recommendations

Well, after years of adjusting & experimenting and re-adjusting & re-
experimenting with my position -- guess I might have something in
common with the Eddy! -- and a collection of 4 bikes, none of...
Forum: General May 23rd 08, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc