Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DavidR[_2_]
Forum: UK April 9th 11, 09:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 251
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
two-wheeled scum murdering pedestrians again

"JNugent" wrote in message

Tell you what...

I'd be fascinated to learn how your Road Tax-lite car can run on tax-free
petrol as well.

Brew you own diesel.
Forum: UK April 9th 11, 11:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 251
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
two-wheeled scum murdering pedestrians again

"francis" wrote

So you agree that a cycle owner does not have to pay a specific tax to
allow a cycle to be used on the roads, at last.

The argument is not about...
Forum: UK March 26th 11, 11:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 489
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Helmets and testing information

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

"DavidR" wrote in message
Forum: UK March 26th 11, 12:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 489
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Helmets and testing information

"alan.holmes" wrote

I used to drive half a mile to the village for my newspaper every mornig,
but I desperately need some exersize, my duaghter who is much more...
Forum: UK March 23rd 11, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Filter lights

"JNugent" wrote
On 23/03/2011 21:25, DavidR wrote:
wrote:

I never knew that. I always thought a green arrow pointing "forward"...
Forum: UK March 23rd 11, 10:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Filter lights

"Tony Raven" wrote
"DavidR" wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message

I never knew that. I always thought a green...
Forum: UK March 23rd 11, 09:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Filter lights

"JNugent" wrote in message

I never knew that. I always thought a green arrow pointing "forward" meant
that you could move only...
Forum: UK March 22nd 11, 10:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 38
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Helmets and testing information

"Derek C" wrote

Sheer paranoia! I am a motorist who wears a seatbelt, a glider pilot
who wears a parachute and a safety harness, and a cyclist who wears a
cycle...
Forum: UK March 17th 11, 08:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 356
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Japanese earthquake and why nuclear energy is not safe.

"Derek C" wrote

If nuclear energy is so safe, what happened to the inhabitants of
Hiroshima, Nagasaka (who didn't perish immediately in the blasts) and
Forum: UK March 7th 11, 11:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 96
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
another helmet saved my life cyclist

"Derek C" wrote

BTW my car was quite badly rear ended by a Land Rover Discovery last
year. However the driver's seat had a properly adjusted head rest
which...
Forum: UK February 26th 11, 10:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Sensible quote list.

"NM" wrote

I wonder if Simon's wife (shall we call her Janet) uses her car for
shifting their mutual children around, or for their joint shopping and
other family...
Forum: UK February 26th 11, 03:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Another brave/foolish cyclist!

"Mrcheerful" wrote
DavidR wrote:

We have evolved to survive without having our prey and predators
carrying lights and hi-viz. The visual system has obviously...
Forum: UK February 25th 11, 10:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Another brave/foolish cyclist!

"Graham Harrison" wrote
"DavidR" wrote in message
"Graham Harrison" wrote

How...
Forum: UK February 25th 11, 03:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Another brave/foolish cyclist!

"Graham Harrison" wrote

How many vehicles do you see in the gathering gloom with no lights on?
People who seem to take a perverse pleasure in hiding...
Forum: UK February 12th 11, 12:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 103
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Car-Haters Attack Top Gear Again

"Peter Parry" wrote in message

But why do so many cyclists adopt this mind set and demonise
motorists?

I expect that shouting at a driver for failing to give way to me...
Forum: UK February 11th 11, 12:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Weaselling

"Mr Pounder" wrote

And to be fair, for many motorists - unaccountably and inexplicably -
lights
are only turned on at the very last moment. I've never...
Forum: UK February 6th 11, 04:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 191
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
DfT : Casualty figures

"Derek C" wrote
On Feb 6, 2:30 pm, "fred2" wrote:
"Derek C" wrote in message

If you have been knocked...
Forum: UK January 31st 11, 08:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
" looking forward to crossing on a green light "

"Phil W Lee" wrote
On 30/01/2011 11:41, DavidR wrote:

Actually, I had to cross on red last weekend. The sensor didn't
pick up the bike

Best to report...
Forum: UK January 31st 11, 12:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
" looking forward to crossing on a green light "

"The Medway Handyman" wrote
On 30/01/2011 22:21, DavidR wrote:

The island where I was waiting was fenced off (Wokingham council have
gone
bonkers with...
Forum: UK January 31st 11, 12:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 30/01/2011 22:21, DavidR wrote:
wrote
On 30/01/2011 11:41,...
Forum: UK January 30th 11, 10:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
" looking forward to crossing on a green light "

"JNugent" wrote
On 30/01/2011 11:41, DavidR wrote:
wrote:

I mainly see cyclists cross on a red, so what is he on about?

Forum: UK January 30th 11, 11:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

I mainly see cyclists cross on a red, so what is he on about?

Forum: UK January 19th 11, 12:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 141
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Cycle helmets offer vital protection to the brain.

"Ret." wrote .

My new car has 7 airbags, abs, esp, brake assist, and was the NCAP safest
car 2009. It is more than likely that I will never have the need for any
of those...
Forum: UK January 18th 11, 11:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 168
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
Ban cycle helmets for cyclists

"ash" wrote in

This is the rub though - crashes are generally outside of your
control. No one chooses to crash deliberately. How many 'clipped in'
moments have you had...
Forum: UK January 16th 11, 09:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By DavidR[_2_]
cyclist saved by crash hat

"JNugent" wrote in message