Showing results 1 to 25 of 309
Search took 1.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian G
Forum: UK October 18th 08, 12:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Brian G
I'm leaving now

I've been a regular if hardly prolific contributor to this newsgroup for
a number of years. In recent times I've posted very rarely, mainly
because the traffic has all but been taken over by a few...
Forum: UK October 15th 08, 09:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Brian G
Warranty claim - odd drivetrain noise part 2

Tim Dunne wrote:
Clive George wrote:

So I'd give it a go. I'd probably try by phone - they're fairly
traditional. And they're nice people, so being nice to them seems to
work. Yours...
Forum: UK October 8th 08, 09:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
From your favourite charity

Danny Colyer wrote:
On 08/10/2008 06:53, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
A fair and balanced film for showing at schools:
http://www.biggerpicturefilm.com/helmet.html

Those brains looked...
Forum: UK September 24th 08, 07:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Brian G
Shedded bliss

Colin Blackburn wrote:
Jonathan Schneider wrote:

Very nice but far too tidy.

It's new, give it time.

When I posted photos of my new shed about a year ago it was described by
some as...
Forum: UK September 22nd 08, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Brian G
Suggestions for new commuter please.

wrote:
Can we have some more information? What's your budget? Have you got
somewhere safe and dry to store it at both ends? How much luggage do
you need to take...
Forum: UK September 21st 08, 07:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Brian G
an nice day -- in an "annus horribilis"

Trevor A Panther wrote:
I must say that this mornings ride was one of the most pleasant
"local"runs that I have enjoyed for some time.

I was up at 5:30 and on the road by 6:00 am. Cool and...
Forum: UK September 18th 08, 10:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian G
Post Office bike rules

wrote:
On 16 Sep, 11:08, Brian G wrote:
The one paragraph which stood out as odd in these days read something
like: "If traffic becomes...
Forum: UK September 18th 08, 10:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Brian G
Upper Thames St by Southwark Bridge "incident"

elyob wrote:

Right, speculation over, will wait for facts ...

A refreshing approach on here ;-)

--
Brian G
Forum: UK September 16th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

TimHenderson wrote:
On 16 Sep, 11:08, Brian G wrote:

The one paragraph which stood out as odd in these days read something
like: "If traffic becomes congested,...
Forum: UK September 16th 08, 12:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian G
Post Office bike rules

wrote:
On 16 Sep, 11:08, Brian G wrote:

The one paragraph which stood out as odd in these days read something
like: "If traffic becomes...
Forum: UK September 16th 08, 11:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian G
Post Office bike rules

I saw in a local village museum the other day a list of Regulations
governing the Use and Care of Bicycles issued to Post Office employees.
The document dated, I think, from around 1920. Most of...
Forum: UK September 13th 08, 02:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian G
Chain whip

Rob Morley wrote:
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:53:31 GMT
soup wrote:

Probably a very stupid question but at least it is about bikes not
the start of another h*lm*t...
Forum: UK September 13th 08, 02:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Brian G
Can You Soak A Cycling Helmet?

wrote:

My cycling helmet (a Giro, about 2 years old) frankly ... well ...
smells a bit. I've taken out the fitting pads to be washed, but can't
easily remove the...
Forum: UK September 12th 08, 04:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Brian G
SPD for starters

Colin Reed wrote:
Hi

Currently I still ride all three of my bikes with flats. I'd like to
try out SPDs to see how I fare with them, and would start on my
"regular" bike, which is a...
Forum: UK September 11th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Brian G
Aldi cycling kit

didds wrote:
On Sep 11, 1:12 pm, Brian G wrote:

The Aldi specials, if they're similar to the previous ones, won't do
then. They're SPD type and have three velcro...
Forum: UK September 11th 08, 01:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Brian G
Aldi cycling kit

didds wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:23 am, Peter Clinch wrote:

Is there anything specific about Triathlon that you'd use anything other
than a roadie's shoe that was...
Forum: UK September 11th 08, 09:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Brian G
Aldi cycling kit

didds wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:10 pm, (Alan Braggins)
wrote:

SPD shoes.

do you have any advcance price indication Alan?

anyone ever bought similar from...
Forum: UK September 4th 08, 01:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Brian G
Hebrides tour TR

Peter Clinch wrote:
What we did on our holidays...

http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/sohi1.htm

Might add an equipment supplement at some point, as we changed kit to be
more...
Forum: UK September 2nd 08, 02:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Brian G
Wet Weather Wear

Pete Biggs wrote:
Tim wrote:
I'm new to cycling. Well, it would be more accurate to say - I'm new
to cycling regularly.

I cycle to college where I teach twice a week and want to not...
Forum: UK September 1st 08, 10:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Brian G
Quick Release Axle setup

damc2000 wrote:

I've got a 108mm Q/r axle for a front hub. The axle projection outside
the locknuts is about 2mm. I believe the recommended projection is 5mm.
Can I get away with only...
Forum: UK September 1st 08, 04:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian G
Bike overhaul

Henry Lockwood wrote:
I spent a very pleasant Saturday overhauling my bike. It's the first
time I've done such major work, and it was a bit of a learning
experience! Still, I managed to:
-...
Forum: UK August 21st 08, 11:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian G
Cycling shoes

JP wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap first pair of cycling shoes. Nothing fancy, just
something that will be comfy and do a half decent job. Any sites
particularly good where I should...
Forum: UK August 20th 08, 07:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 82
Posted By Brian G
What else do I need

Tom Crispin wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:20:30 +0100, Brian G
wrote:

Tom Crispin wrote:
Early Thursday morning I'm off on a ten day tour of the Rivers Mosel
Forum: UK August 19th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian G
Dawes XC1.4

Great Eastern wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a new "mountain" bike to replace my old
wreck which would probably be considered a BSO.

It wont do anything too tough, just rough tracks...
Forum: UK August 19th 08, 06:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 82
Posted By Brian G
What else do I need

Tom Crispin wrote:
Early Thursday morning I'm off on a ten day tour of the Rivers Mosel
and Rhine. Here's my packing list so far.

List snipped

I've always found a sit mat to be extremely...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 309