Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Wiss
Forum: General October 30th 11, 01:18 AM Posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Wiss
NYC Critical Mass Halloween pictures

A light turnout this year. This was pretty much all the costumes:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/HalloweenCM-2011/

Don. www.donwiss.com/nyc-bicycle-day-trips (e-mail link at page bottom).
Forum: General July 20th 10, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Wiss
Headphones

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:17:20 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49895790-76/train-sandy-bicyclist-trax.html.csp

For those who can't figure it out,...
Forum: General July 12th 10, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Don Wiss
Strange picture

The picture here has a woman wearing a bicycle helmet:

36 Hours in Copenhagen
http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/07/11/travel/11hours.html

When I was there a few years ago no one was wearing a helmet....
Forum: General May 14th 10, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Don Wiss
VistaLite to LED?? (Longish)

On 14 May 2010 08:49:19 GMT, Gregory Sutter wrote:

I used to use a similar NiteRider light; the batteries in mine are
five 4/3 AA cells. When my pack died, in order to open it...
Forum: General May 5th 10, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Don Wiss
VistaLite to LED?? (Longish)

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Eric Babula wrote:

Maybe there's a way
to "re-do" the battery stick? Could I just open the stick, take out
the batteries in there, and replace with like...
Forum: General April 29th 10, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Don Wiss
Teaching adult to ride?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, WhatsUp wrote:

My question: what's the best way to teach an adult to ride?

Too bad you aren't in NYC. There is a fellow here that specializes...
Forum: General March 27th 10, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Wiss
Google maps now has bicycling!!

To plot my picture taking trips around Brooklyn (to get my storefront
pictures), I will use Google maps. Their usefulness has been limited due to
the lack of a shortest option. I can, of course,...
Forum: General November 1st 09, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Replies: 0
Posted By Don Wiss
Pictures from NYC's Halloween Critical Mass Ride

After an absence of a few years I made it into Manhattan to get pictures.
Of course with the continued police crackdown the turnout is nowhere near
what it had been years past. But there were some...
Forum: General August 12th 09, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Don Wiss
Folding bike vs regular bike for 60 plus

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Don Wiss" wrote: My eight speed Dahon Glide has fat tires and does just
fine on rough
terrain....
Forum: General August 11th 09, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Don Wiss
Folding bike vs regular bike for 60 plus

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009, Leo Lichtman wrote:

Disadvantages: heavier, may have fewer speeds, not recommended for rough
terrain.

Hi,

My eight speed Dahon Glide has fat tires...
Forum: General July 6th 09, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Don Wiss
Tell me if this idea for a commuter bike is dumb...

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, landotter wrote:

Front and rear roller brakes are standard on a good number of real
world bikes in Scandinavia/Netherlands/Germany/Poland for good...
Forum: General May 15th 09, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.usage.english,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 121
Posted By Don Wiss
Push bike

On Sat, 9 May 2009 21:11:43 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

I was recently in a situation where I found myself referred to as a
"pedal cyclist," and my bike as a "pedal cycle."
Forum: General April 9th 09, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Don Wiss
Winter cycling & Helmets

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 15:27:10 -0700 (PDT), Nicky Cottee
wrote:

I know it is late in the season to be asking this, but how do people
get around fitting a helmet over winter...
Forum: General March 13th 09, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Wiss
Looking for 'inn to inn' bike tours in Europe

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:39:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

What are your recommendations for a good 1-2 week bike tour in
Europe. Ideally, we like to bike from 'last night's inn' to...
Forum: General December 31st 08, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By Don Wiss
Dahon Folding Bike vs Friday Folding Bike

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

Probably, be the higher-end Bike Fridays are meant to mimic, as much as
possible, the ride qualities of a full-sized bike. The...
Forum: General December 31st 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By Don Wiss
Dahon Folding Bike vs Friday Folding Bike

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:20:23 -0800, SMS wrote:

Pretty sure they moved all the production to China. Originally Dahon had
their own factory, but now, like most every...
Forum: General October 24th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Don Wiss
bicycle trailer opinion sought

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:44:48 -0700, Jym Dyer wrote:

For an economical flatbed cargo trailer, the
BicycleREvolution trailer kit looks pretty good
@ a cheap $149...
Forum: General October 22nd 08, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Don Wiss
United's response [was United charging $350 r/t for bicycles]

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Your disappointment with the fee for carrying bicycles with United is
understood.

Mr. Krygowski, please know that bikes must be...
Forum: General October 21st 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Don Wiss
bicycle trailer opinion sought

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

However, here's the trailer:

http://info.thisgroup.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=9

Which links to...
Forum: General October 21st 08, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Don Wiss
bicycle trailer opinion sought

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, (Tom Keats) wrote:

My beautiful li'l Leggaro Max
http://www.leggaro.com
easily converts into a shopping cart (or laundry hamper)
when you get to the...
Forum: General October 21st 08, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Don Wiss
bicycle trailer opinion sought

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Frank Krygowski wrote:

One of my annoyances with the Bike Friday trailer is that it's about
two inches too wide to comfortably fit through many doorways. ...
Forum: General October 21st 08, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Don Wiss
bicycle trailer opinion sought

I would like to buy a flatbed trailer for my bicycle. A flatbed one is what
would be most useful to me. I'm looking at Burley's.

Burley is changing the flatbed model for 2009. The wheels are going...
Forum: General July 29th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Don Wiss
Police Investigate Officer in Critical Mass Video

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:33:12 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

Police Investigate Officer in Critical Mass...
Forum: General July 29th 08, 02:02 AM Posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Don Wiss
Police Investigate Officer in Critical Mass Video

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:33:12 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

Police Investigate Officer in Critical Mass...
Forum: General July 29th 08, 01:33 AM Posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Don Wiss
Police Investigate Officer in Critical Mass Video

Police Investigate Officer in Critical Mass Video
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/28/police-investigate-officer-in-critical-mass-video/

Don www.donwiss.com/joyrides (e-mail link at page...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 107