Showing results 1 to 25 of 204
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Grippe
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 27th 09, 02:31 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Recumbent trike website?

You probably already know about Mike's. If you don't start by looking at it
and then deciding what else you might like to contribute to the dialog. Here
is the URL for Mike's...
Forum: General July 17th 09, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Grippe
The problem with liberals ...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Unlike Jeff, I do not find smugness much of an impediment to getting along
with folks....
Forum: Social Issues July 8th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 101
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Like it or not, most Americans must go around with the bike on the back of the car to get somewhere

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

We need to build light rail. Our forefathers from another century had it
figured out...
Forum: UK July 8th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Like it or not, most Americans must go around with the bike on the back of the car to get somewhere

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

We need to build light rail. Our forefathers from another century had it
figured out...
Forum: UK July 8th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Like it or not, most Americans must go around with the bike on the back of the car to get somewhere

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Always remember, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

You are comparing yourself to a stopped clock Ed? That is an interesting
metaphor...
Forum: Social Issues July 8th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 101
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Like it or not, most Americans must go around with the bike on the back of the car to get somewhere

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Always remember, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

You are comparing yourself to a stopped clock Ed? That is an interesting
metaphor...
Forum: Social Issues July 6th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 101
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Like it or not, most Americans must go around with the bike on the back of the car to get somewhere

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
I believe ComandanteBanana is almost on my level. He knows how to think
big thoughts....
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 4th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 74
Posted By Jeff Grippe
THE LOGIC OF TRIKES an outsider's viewpoint by Andre Jute

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
THE LOGIC OF TRIKES
an outsider's viewpoint
by Andre Jute

big...
Forum: Techniques June 4th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 24
Posted By Jeff Grippe
THE LOGIC OF TRIKES an outsider's viewpoint by Andre Jute

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
THE LOGIC OF TRIKES
an outsider's viewpoint
by Andre Jute

big...
Forum: General May 18th 09, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Recumbent Bicycle made from a Tree Trunk Pic

Copenhagen (I assume you mean Danmark) is one of the safest cycling cities
on the planets. We're talking about a city where all the taxi cabs have bike
racks. We're talking about a country that...
Forum: General May 18th 09, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Recumbent Bicycle made from a Tree Trunk Pic

Well speaking for Jeff Grippe,

I was on a Tricruiser which is quite a high trike. I had a very bright
blinky light and it wasn't dark. I was right in the middle of the lane and
not off to the side...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 28th 09, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

You know what they say (and I'm paraphrasing here)...Flattery will get you
top posting...

All the best, Ed.

Jeff
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 27th 09, 07:03 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

Oh you sweet little button pusher you! Have fun with the wall!
Jeff
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Jeff Grippe"...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 27th 09, 02:12 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

Hmmm, I'm seeing that side of the Ed Dolan character that I don't much care
for. There is no real dialog with him so I think we can call this
conversation finished.

Best Always,
Jeff
"Edward...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 25th 09, 11:38 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

You couldn't be more wrong! Quality can be measured in the arts, but not
by the...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 24th 09, 12:37 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

It is perfectly clear to me that you confuse popularity with quality. I
have never...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 24th 09, 12:30 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message

But just as you can't usefully ask "Which is better?", you also can't
usefully state that...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 24th 09, 12:27 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

All of the above seems sound and sensible, but it is not. We are comparing
recumbents...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 23rd 09, 06:07 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Opus" wrote in message
On Apr 23, 7:54 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

The reason...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 23rd 09, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

The only way I ever wanted to relate to Gleason was to kick his dumb ass.
Honeymooners...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 23rd 09, 01:44 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

Well for many years I was quite overweight. I was an avid exerciser and I
was strong but an extra 100lbs is an extra 100lbs. So the thing that kept me
from being able to effectively ride up hill...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 22nd 09, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I am probably one of the few who never liked anything Gleason ever did. He
was NEVER...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 21st 09, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

how great...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 20th 09, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

You obviously haven't watched their silent films.

Stan Laurel was a comic genius. This isn't really disputed. There were a
great team, however.

Forum: Recumbent Biking April 20th 09, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Jeff Grippe
Bicycling Magazine - Time to Vent!

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

The main problem with doing a tour on a recumbent are hills. Recumbents do
not climb...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 204