Showing results 1 to 25 of 119
Search took 6.97 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: just us
Forum: Australia August 13th 08, 12:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By just us
objects thrown from car

I had a scare with a hoon, he actually did a burnout behind me, hit the
throttle and ran me off the road. I reported it, made a statement and as he
was known to the police they actually took his...
Forum: Australia June 1st 08, 04:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By just us
problem with panniers and racks

Well my husband just went bush with his brand new bags
http://www.ivanhoecycles.com.au/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5 which are
the same as those shown in the pic. The bags were great for me...
Forum: Australia May 16th 08, 12:10 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By just us
Got my new toy today :)

So GS where are you off to?
I had a serious thought about getting one of those but had to pre pay it as
we live in the sticks. Looks good! :) Am about to set off on another epic
with my tourer (...
Forum: Australia April 13th 08, 02:58 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By just us
Sleeplessness after a big ride

Does anyone else suffer from not being able to get to sleep after a big
ride? Today was a big one - and here I sit midnight and just cant go to
sleep. Have been to bed twice now, am totally worn...
Forum: Australia April 8th 08, 05:17 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By just us
Bottle Cage Clamps

My only disappointment with my bike was that it only had braze ons for one
bottle cage. I bought 4 cable ties, 2 more cages and cable tied them to the
frame. 5000kms later they are still working a...
Forum: Australia April 5th 08, 09:16 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By just us
fluid replacement and electrolytes

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
In aus.bicycle on Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:04:46 +1000

Well.. back in the very old days, people drank...
Forum: Australia April 5th 08, 08:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By just us
fluid replacement and electrolytes

Good grief! I just found an aussie site that sells them online and the
Motortabs are $3.50 each! That makes petrol way cheaper lol.
Forum: Australia April 5th 08, 08:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By just us
fluid replacement and electrolytes

When we go on our extended trips I carry powdered Gatorade. Last year when I
did the 1700kms in 17days with panniers I went through loads of this stuff
just to feel better during the day. Mind you...
Forum: Australia April 4th 08, 10:45 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By just us
LBS near Footscray Melbourne

Well we are off to the big smoke! Can someone point me in the direction of a
couple of really good LBS near Footscray? We wont be driving as we are
country bumpkins so it will be bus/train (which...
Forum: Australia March 28th 08, 08:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By just us
Further on buying gear on the net

Well I am still not in possession of my goods and guess what? The company
gave me the wrong BSB on the invoice so my money went nowhere!
Yesterday I finally got a response from the online store...
Forum: Australia March 24th 08, 09:27 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By just us
Most incredible ride of my life

Well we have just safely returned from the most incredible riding experience
of my life. Myself,(50yrs) husband (53 yrs) and 3 others (64, 59, 55)
(2 females, 3 males) went on an incredible...
Forum: Australia March 19th 08, 09:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By just us
buying gear on the net

Well I am a little disappointed to say the least. On the 10th (9 days ago) I
emailed a company asking them if they had a front and back pannier in stock
as well as a front rack. (they advertised...
Forum: Australia March 10th 08, 07:17 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By just us
Atherton Tablelands bikeriders paradise

Well there were 6 of us, set off from Herberton which is surrounded by
hills, hills and more hills on Saturday morning. We spent the day doing back
roads around the farming districts of the...
Forum: Australia March 9th 08, 11:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By just us
Wear indicator on tyre?

Hi Terry,
This trip wont see us going cross country as we did last year but we will be
on station tracks west and south of Laura away from the main drag which
doesnt see much traffic anyway. Food...
Forum: Australia March 9th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By just us
Fuji Touring 4 sale

Hi DJ
How come you are selling it? Dont you enjoy touring or just dont do it now?
Just interested. :)
Kathy
"DJ" wrote in message...
Forum: Australia March 9th 08, 03:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By just us
Wear indicator on tyre?

My back tyre has only travelled 3500kms and this red color is starting to
show in the centre of the tread. At first I thought I must have ridden over
some red paint but it is now showing more. Is...
Forum: Australia January 30th 08, 09:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By just us
Post pregnancy cycling

I dont know about that Lotte - I had 2 Caesars, Neither was elective. After
30hrs labour with the first a caesar was the ONLY option and I was back on
my feet within a couple of weeks. I can...
Forum: Australia December 27th 07, 09:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By just us
tandem for sale Vic

LOL we own a tandem, but at least with ours I know who is in front and which
way we are going!

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
Forum: Australia December 18th 07, 07:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By just us
Mountain bike or hybrid.

My hybrid is a 9 speed which has 3 chainrings also?
Friends have flat bar roadies which are 10 speed but they cant even get off
the edge of the road if they are on a narrow section up here and feel...
Forum: Australia December 17th 07, 08:36 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By just us
Mountain bike or hybrid.

Hi Fred
Recently I did a 1600kms tour with a friend of mine. She had a 26"MTB and I
was on my 27" (700) Trek 7500 Hybrid. We both had panniers front and back
and travelled approx 100kms/day up and...
Forum: Australia December 4th 07, 07:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By just us
A quandry

I dont think abusing the Trail Bike Rider acheives anything - I am sorry but
I do a lot of bushwalking and occasionally I come across some trail riders
and I cant help but think "at least they are...
Forum: Australia November 5th 07, 07:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By just us
Magpies

They are still at it up here on the Atherton Tablelands. Rode to work today
and had 2 swoop - only one was keen though. He came down and did the helmut
tapping thing! (sheesh that scares me!) IN...
Forum: Australia September 5th 07, 07:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 75
Posted By just us
Reporting being terrorised on the pushie

Well I have read about alot of riders in here feeling that they were
intimidated by drivers and I have to say that I know how they feel now. I
was out riding and this @#@%idiot came around a corner...
Forum: Australia August 26th 07, 11:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By just us
arm doc in Sydney

Hi Zebee! 3 years ago I had 2 frozen shoulders and was in pain day and
night. I went to the GP who gave me anti inflammatorys without effect. I
went to 2 separate Physios who both gave me different...
Forum: Australia August 23rd 07, 11:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By just us
Atherton Tablelands Rail Trail meeting

Nope I am just back :)
We plan to go to the meeting - funny thing about these "proposals" was that
there was a very costly feasibility study done on bike/walking trails around
Atherton 5 years ago...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 119