Showing results 1 to 25 of 256
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Eilbeck
Forum: UK March 27th 08, 12:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
ON NOW BBC2 World Track Cycling Championships in Manchester

Slark writes:

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
Mark T writes:

Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is...
Forum: UK March 26th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
ON NOW BBC2 World Track Cycling Championships in Manchester

Mark T writes:

Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is one of GBs potential medalwinners:

Forum: UK September 9th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Lights

_ writes:

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 06:54:04 +0100, Simon Brooke wrote:

All batteries use heavy metals which are not clever things to dispose of
Forum: UK September 2nd 07, 10:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Unrestricted Battery Bike

"informer" writes:

A friend has just bought a Black Hawk electric mountain bike. It
goes 15mph but he has been told it can go 22mph if he unrestricts
it. Anyone...
Forum: UK August 27th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Good Cycling magazines and books?

writes:

I have just read Tim Moore's "French Revolutions"; engaging and witty
and insightful at so many levels, and lots of laughter and reflection.

Does the...
Forum: UK August 26th 07, 01:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
[OT] ... but are male first names restricted in France?

"RobDee" writes:

wrote in message
I know this is off topic but knowing what a lot of...
Forum: UK August 25th 07, 12:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Perhaps he went a bit too far.....

David Martin writes:

On Aug 22, 8:09 pm, "David Lloyd" wrote:

I certainly had fun during the fuel protect, whilst everyone else...
Forum: UK August 14th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Which Fenders?

"Alan Holmes" writes:

"Duncan Smith" wrote in message
Having ordered a...
Forum: UK August 14th 07, 07:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Saddles - Kind on the Prostate!

writes:

Has anyone come across a UK supplier of saddles that are kind on the
prostate - ie no horn to put pressure on sensitive parts?

If you've got serious issues...
Forum: UK August 13th 07, 06:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Great news for road safety. Smith's ticker stops.

Nick writes:

spindrift wrote:
The man who calls the police "Cxxts", who allows his forum posters
to call police officers "cxxts", allows threads that label his
critics...
Forum: UK August 6th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Recomendations Please - Ladies Gloves

writes:

On 6 Aug,
"Hake" wrote:

My Partner suffers from numb/ tingling hands. I was planning on
buying a pair of gel track mits for...
Forum: UK August 2nd 07, 06:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
London cycling observations

"Dave Larrington" writes:

In ,
Chris Eilbeck tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

Whenever...
Forum: UK August 1st 07, 07:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
London cycling observations

Danny Colyer writes:

It is significantly better with soft lenses, but unwanted detritus
is still best avoided. Glasses are the one item that I would
/never/ cycle...
Forum: UK July 29th 07, 03:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Boardman bikes

"Nigel Cliffe" writes:

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
bugbear writes:

Membrane wrote:
Who would buy a mid to high end bike from...
Forum: UK July 28th 07, 11:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Boardman bikes

bugbear writes:

Membrane wrote:
Who would buy a mid to high end bike from Halfords?

I think that's the key question.

So has anyone actually ridden one...
Forum: UK July 24th 07, 09:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Frozen stem

savispud writes:

Dear All.
I have just finished packing my bike for an air flight. I wonder how
they will damage it this time.
I was unable to turn the handlebars...
Forum: UK July 23rd 07, 07:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Daily Mail twaddle. "Openly flouts" lol!

al Mossah writes:

I've always wondered why he carries a helmet dangling from his
bars. Any clues?

Baskets on handlebars are so passe so he carries his packed lunch...
Forum: UK July 23rd 07, 12:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Weather

Tony Raven writes:

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
The technology itself is excellent.

So was Betamax

Indeed so but COFDM has no competitor in the terrestrial domain.
Analogue...
Forum: UK July 22nd 07, 10:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Weather

Paul Boyd writes:

On 22/07/2007 20:14, Simon Brooke said,

I have a DAB radio. I will never buy another; when analogue radio
dies I'll either go over to podcasts or...
Forum: UK July 6th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
TdF and UK cycling - yesterday on ch4 news

TimB writes:

On Jul 6, 9:10 am, Andreas Schulze-Bäing wrote:
Hi, thought this might be of some interest for the group...
Yesterday channel 4 news...
Forum: UK June 29th 07, 02:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Not a day for cycling.

Rob Morley writes:

In article ,
dkahn400
says...
On Jun 28, 10:54 am, "Dave Larrington"...
Forum: UK June 27th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 391
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Interesting viewpoint

"Hog" writes:

Simon Brooke wrote:

Those of us who go out on the roads without a ton of steel armour
around us ought to stick together at least a bit - we're...
Forum: UK June 27th 07, 02:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 72
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
D'oh :(

Christopher Harrison writes:

Wouldn't the driver also be acting illegally if he/she was
(presumably) reversing onto a main road?

He wasn't reversing into...
Forum: UK June 27th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 72
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
D'oh :(

David Martin writes:

On Jun 27, 1:58 pm, Christopher Harrison
wrote:
Cycling to work this morning and, less than 1/4 mile...
Forum: UK June 25th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris Eilbeck
Not a day for cycling.

"Simon Mason" writes:

Here is a short video of the river outside our house that used to be
a road.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zflood.wmv

How do I get to work...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 256